News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NAV Issues on new 2011 Charger

Started by newdodgefan2011, May 11, 2011, 09:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newdodgefan2011

We just purchased a 2011 Toxic Orange Charger and are IN LOVE!  However on a recent road trip we noticed the NAV does not display city info, just street info when you zoom way in and no city info at all.  Anyone else have this issue?

TK73

I think the extra doors cause a vortex which results in "recalculating"
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Daytona R/T SE

In the last 30 years of owning them, none of the Navigation systems on any of my Chargers have ever

let me down...

It says "Rand McNally" on it and it folds up neatly and fits nicely in the pocket provided for it in the door...

Chargen69

Quote from: newdodgefan2011 on May 11, 2011, 09:50:32 PM
We just purchased a 2011 Toxic Orange Charger and are IN LOVE!  However on a recent road trip we noticed the NAV does not display city info, just street info when you zoom way in and no city info at all.  Anyone else have this issue?

glad you like your new car.   there are a few people here who own new chargers, but not many.  my advice would be to keep searching the internet or talk to your dealer.

kab69440

The navigation systems function properly and as intended. Otherwise, how  could those two recovering ricers have dragged that giant vault all over South America without having been there long enough to learn all the streets? :smilielol:
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

skip68

The only navigation system on my charger is the steering wheel.   You must be talking about that new 4 door family sedan they named a charger.  Not exactly the same kind of cars as we have here on this site. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

70charginglizard

Quote from: TK73 on May 11, 2011, 09:57:13 PM
I think the extra doors cause a vortex which results in "recalculating"

lol :hah:
70charginglizard

Chatt69chgr

Newdodgefan2011:

This forum is dedicated to the earlier generation Chargers.  You will find another forum dedicated to the new Chargers at:

http://www.chargerforums.com/

Glad you like your new car.  Although I have a 69 that I'm restoring, I am looking at a new one for my wife this fall.

twodko

There are no 4 door Chargers, only 2 door 1st, 2nd & 3rd gens. What they sell now is a sedan.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

71 b-body charger

1972 Charger SE

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on May 12, 2011, 03:18:51 PM
Newdodgefan2011:

This forum is dedicated to the earlier generation Chargers.  You will find another forum dedicated to the new Chargers at:

http://www.chargerforums.com/

Glad you like your new car.  Although I have a 69 that I'm restoring, I am looking at a new one for my wife this fall.
i like how you chase away new members  :flame:

where does it say that on this forum, that it's only for oldies chargers?

TK73

Quote from: aussiemuscle on May 16, 2011, 12:49:59 AM
where does it say that on this forum, that it's only for oldies chargers?

It's the secret handshake...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TexasStroker

The new nav units (2011) are Garmin based and should be better (to most) than the previous Navteq equipped units.  However, there are a few glitches, a lot of folks are ticked about the shortcomings with Travel Link and rightfully so.  This is something your dealer SHOULD be able to handle, if you have one of the very rare good dealers.

Not sure where you are at, but Grapevine Dodge and Classic Dodge in Denton (both TX) are 2 that I am sure could help.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!