News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bendix booster

Started by poppa, May 11, 2011, 07:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

On the Bendix boosters,are the push rods (side that hooks up to the pedal) suppose to be removable?
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

resq302

I would assume so for rebuilding purposes.  However, if you are asking if they are supposed to come out of the unit when it is assembled, then no.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

poppa

Thanks for the quick reply.

resq302

What can I say..... you come here, you get quick answers!   :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

gtx6970

Sortof, but be VERY carefull.
the phenolic piece in the back of the booster that the rod clips in to ,  is very fragile.

resq302

Quote from: gtx6970 on May 12, 2011, 09:05:33 AM
Sortof, but be VERY carefull.
the phenolic piece in the back of the booster that the rod clips in to ,  is very fragile.

Phenolic?  Bill...... are you talking X rated again?    :smilielol:
Brian

gtx6970

The rod snaps into sort of a one way clip, it can be removed, but be prepaired to have it rebuilt if you snap the back side of the piston off trying to remove it

poppa

Anyone have a decent one they'd want to sell? Or swap?

resq302

honestly, I would send it to Booster Dewy and see if it can be rebuilt or fixed.
Brian

Chatt69chgr

Prior Brake in Texas rebuilt mine.  They charge something in the order of $100 or so.  They used to do all the rebuilding for NAPA.  Seems like there is a plastic piece in those that, if broken, can't be obtained anymore.  Not sure about that though.  I don't have a phone number for them but you can Google it up pretty quickly I think.

poppa

I have a core for exchange but, I do not think it is correct for my car. The push rod is longer than it should be. I will see if Dewey will work something out. Thanks

Chatt69chgr

Prior changed my push rod to be the correct length for a B-body.  No extra charge.