News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

where was your honeymoon?

Started by Mrs.Caveman, May 11, 2011, 04:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs.Caveman

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Old Moparz

Same place I got married.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bsakal

I've been married 6 years and we haven't had one yet. She let me buy my '69 Charger about a  week before we got married, so no honeymoon.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Patronus

Greek Isles... Although the honeymoon was all the marriage lasted  :rotz:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

A383Wing

we will have been married 36 years this August....we never went on honeymoon......we both had to work the following Monday.....

oh well

gtx6970

holiday Inn  :icon_smile_big:
followed by a week in Vegas

Ponch ®

Quote from: Patronus on May 11, 2011, 05:37:46 PM

At least you got a trip out of it.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bobs66440

Caesar's in the Poconos...1988. It's no longer there... :-\

A383Wing

Quote from: bobs66440 on May 11, 2011, 06:24:36 PM
Caesar's in the Poconos...1988. It's no longer there... :-\

what's no longer there....Caesar's? The Pocono's? or 1988??  :D

1970Moparmann

Do tell - WTF??
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Charger RT

At my moms time share in the Poconos...1986
Tim

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

Slowpoke

The Abe Martin lodge at Brown County state park, rustic but very nice.
Was my wifes choice, we both like hiking for fun.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

ACUDANUT

In the back seat of my Charger. :smilielol:

charger1972

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

nh_mopar_fan

General_01

Honolulu. We were married in August of '89 and went on our honeymoon the following February.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Our first night was spent in one of the honeymoon suites at the Red Lion at the Quay in Vancouver, WA and then we spent five nights at the fabulous Ft. Stevens State Park campground in my parent's motorhome.

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_179.php

Marck

Thailand - 3 days in Bangkok and 11 days in Hua Hin...
Would love to come back some day..  :2thumbs:

Bob T

One night in a flash Hotel Honeymoon suite in 2001 after the big day then back home to the house we had just finished building with next 2 weeks doing the landscaping, good fun tho.
Had the proper honeymoon 1 year later , 2 weeks away camping around the East Cape , excellent times

http://www.newzealand.com/travel/m/image_detail.cfm/fileid/p39526.html
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

400/6/PAC

Dans 68

24 days in Europe - England, followed by a high speed train ride to Paris, and then a rental car driving to B&B's through Germany, Austria and Italy (took a train from Pisa to Rome). Went by too fast.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ODZKing

Quote from: General_01 on May 11, 2011, 09:42:51 PM
Honolulu. We were married in August of '89 and went on our honeymoon the following February.
Honolulu as well.  I wish I could talk my wife into moving to Oahu, I love it there. :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: Dans 68 on May 12, 2011, 09:31:19 AM
24 days in Europe - England, followed by a high speed train ride to Paris, and then a rental car driving to B&B's through Germany, Austria and Italy (took a train from Pisa to Rome). Went by too fast.

Dan

Jeez. Must be nice to be rich.

Dans 68

Quote from: bull on May 12, 2011, 10:01:27 AM
Quote from: Dans 68 on May 12, 2011, 09:31:19 AM

Dan

Jeez. Must be nice to be rich.

:rofl:  I thought I'd get a comment or two but not from you.  :smilielol:  It was actually affordable as the England, Paris and Rome stays were Hotels, and the rest a Bed and Breakfast. We had vouchers for the Bed and Breakfast's and would call that morning to get a reservation - every day started out with "where do we want to go today?". That part of the trip was very fluid. Plus we drove ourselves (no tours). And it was in the mid-90's when prices were a bit more sane. That trip took a long time to plan. If you would like I can start a new thread with pics and commentary from each day, every day, for about a month. Or not.  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

skip68

The only honeymoon pictures I want to see Dan are the secret ones.  :drool5:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

NGC414

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BananaDan

We did two weeks in Italy.  Like Dan, we planned our own trip, no tours.  We used a local travel agent in Rome just to book our hotels/B&B's and train rides/rental car etc.  We did 3 days in Rome, trained up to Florence for a day, rented a car and drove down into Tuscany and stayed in a B&B for 4 days that was a 15th century castle/vineyard in Chianti.  Then drove back to Florence to return the car and train down to Naples, and took local transportation to get to Positano on the Amalfi coast where we stayed for 5 days, with a day trip to Capri and one to Pompeii.  Then trained back to Rome for our last night which was also the night of the Live 8 concert around the world so we got to see that, then flew home the next day.  I can't wait to get back there.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

gtx6970

you guys are making my night at Holiday Inn sound kinda boring.( No pics btw , didn't have time)

I would love to go to Western  Europe someday,preferably Italy, Rome, Venice, maybe Switzerland, Sweden, Ireland,,maybe Greece,  but I have my doubts my wife would make that long of an air plane trip ( she's not a fan of flying )

hemigeno

We did almost two weeks at a little resort called Sandcastle (there were just 4 cabins when we went) on the island of Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands.  Very, very cool.  I was hoping to go back there for our 25th anniversary in 2015, but my wife is holding out for Hawai'i.  Guess that's where she really wanted to go on the honeymoon...   :scratchchin:

66FBCharger

We flew to Venice and stayed there for a few days. Then we took the train to Rome and we stayed there for 6 days. We did day trips to Capri, Florence and other popular spots. We also spent some time exploring the city of Rome.
My wife was nervous about going. She was concerned about the long flight. She loved it and wants to go back real soon.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Patronus

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 11, 2011, 07:22:27 PM

Do tell - WTF??

Well, she was my H.S. love. Dated 12 years, 12 frickin' years. Got married, then... I can still remember the day... so clear. She says, "new bike?? you're not getting a new bike." And that was all it took. Cya
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

dd44068

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ITSA426

I think our honeymoon was combined with the wedding trip.  We got married on a glacier outside of Juneau during a cruise.  She was worried about cold feet. 

Ponch ®

Quote from: hemigeno on May 12, 2011, 11:41:40 AM
We did almost two weeks at a little resort called Sandcastle (there were just 4 cabins when we went) on the island of Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands.  Very, very cool.  I was hoping to go back there for our 25th anniversary in 2015, but my wife is holding out for Hawai'i.  Guess that's where she really wanted to go on the honeymoon...   :scratchchin:

You know, if I make it to 25 years of marriage, id be like "cool...you go to Hawaii, I'll go to Virgin Islands" :D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

A383Wing

reminds me of the joke.....

"After 40 years of marriage, I took my wife to Europe for a vacation...."

"what are you going to do for your 45th year?"

"I suppose I should go pick her up and bring her back home"

:D

64dartgt

Tahiti, Bora Bora and Moorea.  The Meridien in Bora Bora is highly recommended.  Took us a year or two to pay the bill though  :eek2:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/property/photos/index.html?propertyID=1905

Vainglory, Esq.

Getting married in July, and will be going to Spain and then Portugal.

Hissing Cobra

My wife and I went to Florida on our honeymoon back in 1992. She had never been there and while I lived there for a while when I was a kid, it had been years since my last trip. We had a great time!
1969 Dodge Charger 318/automatic - Gone and sorely missed.

1979 Mustang Cobra
Street, Strip, Show
306/T-5/4.30's
12.38 @ 111
August 2005 Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine Feature Car
April 2007 Modified Mustangs Magazine Feature Car

1989 Mustang LX
Stock Daily Driver
302/T-5/3.73's
14.66 @ 96

hemigeno

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 12, 2011, 04:35:57 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on May 12, 2011, 11:41:40 AM

You know, if I make it to 25 years of marriage, id be like "cool...you go to Hawaii, I'll go to Virgin Islands" :D

:lol:

bakerhillpins

Two weeks in Kauai, Hi. Stayed on the north side in Princeville. Freakin sweet. We will be going back, though that will probably be when the kids graduate college.  :eek2: In fact just celebrated our 13th anniversary last Monday.   :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

68blue

my73charger

At the cheapest motel in town...

Ponch ®

Quote from: 68blue on May 13, 2011, 09:01:25 AM
French Lick Indiana

No, the question is about where you went for your honeymoon, not what you did.

Iceyone

68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

4aThrill

We were Stantioned in Maryland so we got Married in Anchorage Alaska, then had our Honeymoon in Newbury, New Hampshire. from there we went to Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream original shop in Vermont, went to CHEERS in Boston, Anheuser Busch brewery also close by. and some other great deals too.  :cheers:

Mrs.Caveman

Quote from: 64dartgt on May 12, 2011, 06:15:08 PM
Tahiti, Bora Bora and Moorea.  The Meridien in Bora Bora is highly recommended.  Took us a year or two to pay the bill though  :eek2:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/property/photos/index.html?propertyID=1905

oh,we wanted to go there :drool5: but after seeing how much it would be we called it off!we wanna go to Hawaii for a few days but nothing booked yet :rotz: then make our way across your great country from L.A to New York!gonna be broke after this but the way we see it you are only once on a honeymoon/well hopfully/

Mrs.Caveman

12 days till the wedding

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

Roger 68 charger

Stopped over at San Francisco  --Then on to Hawaii    :cheers:
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

Iceyone

Doctor4766, Judging by a couple of your cars, you must not live that far from Bali.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

skip68

I plan on taking my next wife to Hawaii.   Don't tell Mrs skip. 

A383Wing

Quote from: skip68 on May 15, 2011, 09:29:24 PM
I plan on taking my next wife to Hawaii.   Don't tell Mrs skip. 

funeral services next Saturday

grdprx

doctor4766

Quote from: Iceyone on May 15, 2011, 08:37:59 PM
Doctor4766, Judging by a couple of your cars, you must not live that far from Bali.
No not really, although I don't quite understand how the cars come into it.
It's just a 3.5hr flight for me to Bali and atm flights can be as cheap as $199.
Great place to vacation as you know, and I have fed my 3 kids AND their mother, had a few beers, and drinks for the kids and still had change from a 50.
My kinda holiday destination  :2thumbs:
Gotta love a '69

chargermike

7 day cruise.  mexico grand cayman and jamica. spent the whole week drunk and stoned. grand ole time. still married for 18 years.