News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Snakes

Started by 400/6/PAC, May 10, 2011, 08:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400/6/PAC

What kind of snake would be gloss black with two yellow stripes going long way's down his back.
He tried to bite My Nephew this morning.
I didn't see the snake but it happened on My property and I have never seen a snake that looks like what He described.
I live just east of Dallas and We have copperheads, rattle snakes, water moccasans, Chicken snakes, ECT.
Any ideas what type snake this might be?

tricky lugnuts

Western Ribbon Snake?

Road Dog

Kinda like a Garter Snake is my guess.
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

Todd Wilson

Thats a Garter snake in the picture.  They can grow to be fairly big. 1-2 foot here in Kansas. Maybe big around as a hotdog but that would be a fairly good size snake. Most are pencil sized. They are harmless but will put up a good show/fight when they act agressive. They will leave fast when they get a chance.

Todd

squeakfinder

Sure sounds like a harmless Garter snake. Wide head equal pit vipers, like the rattle snake. That doesn't sound like the case here.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

400/6/PAC

I found him on My front porch this morning.
We caught him and put him in the creek.
It was a garter snake.

Drache

Garter Snakes are known as biters, even moreso than any other snake.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

green69rt

Down here around Houston we have all sorts except for rattlesnakes (that I know of.)  My dog got bit by a copperhead and we took him to the vet.  He told us not to be worried about the venom from copperheads and cottonmouths, at least don't panic.   He gave our dog a diuretic to keep the swelling down, cleaned the bite (no suctioning out the venom) and gave him a big shot of antibiotic, we never saw any aftereffects from the bite.  He said any snake bit it this area would be treated the same (unless you suspect rattlesnake, that requires antivenom!)  He said the worst thing about any snake bite is the infection, snakes mouths are really infected because they can be scavengers, so any snake bite needs to be taken care of, just don't panic.

I wouldn't want something that eats rabies infested rats biting my dog or leg etc....  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: green69rt on May 11, 2011, 04:36:04 PM
Down here around Houston we have all sorts except for rattlesnakes (that I know of.)  My dog got bit by a copperhead and we took him to the vet.  He told us not to be worried about the venom from copperheads and cottonmouths, at least don't panic.   He gave our dog a diuretic to keep the swelling down, cleaned the bite (no suctioning out the venom) and gave him a big shot of antibiotic, we never saw any aftereffects from the bite.  He said any snake bit it this area would be treated the same (unless you suspect rattlesnake, that requires antivenom!)  He said the worst thing about any snake bite is the infection, snakes mouths are really infected because they can be scavengers, so any snake bite needs to be taken care of, just don't panic.

In Kansas a Copperhead and Cottonmouth are considered rattlesnakes...........................

Todd