News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

gravel pan????

Started by Silver R/T, January 07, 2006, 09:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlackDodge

Fog lights?.....................whats he smokin?

BBD

Charger_Fan

Valances are actually called gravel pans somewhere...maybe in europe. I hear them called that periodically.

I've noticed that seller's auctions a few times & from what I've seen, he doesn't know squat about the car parts he's selling. A few weeks ago, he had a valance that was all beat to sh!t, not a straight part on it. He was wanting something like $400 for it too.  ::)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

i just bought some bolt kits from florida auto fasteners and they call the valence a gravel panel...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Dodge Don

Someone needs to explain to this jamoke the differences between front valances. The 70 valance is a one year only model.

Steve P.

Take it easy on the Floridians. I have lived here 12 or so years now and still have not figured out all of their home brew language. BUT,,,,, most things are for good reasons.. For instance the roads down here were nearly all gravel until just a few years ago. Most of them were full of pot holes from all the rain and of course you would beat the shit out of the lowest parts of your car traveling too drunk and too fast and so of course your front valance just naturaly became known as your GRAVEL PAN as they were alllllways in the gravel........ :devil: 

Now less tok fishin.... :o   
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Dennis K

I thought only the Mustang guys called them gravel pans. It doesn't really matter that the guy doesn't know much about the part, because now that the new repros are available, you can't even give away a used one anymore.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Dennis K on January 08, 2006, 01:25:38 AM
I thought only the Mustang guys called them gravel pans. It doesn't really matter that the guy doesn't know much about the part, because now that the new repros are available, you can't even give away a used one anymore.

thats right. I dont even look at used ones as you can but brand new one ecoated for like $159
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722