News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else have simple things make them feel less than brilliant.

Started by 67440chrg, May 03, 2011, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

It happens to all of us. In fact I got a "less than brilliant" story, I will never tell anyone.... too embarrassed, LOL.

Jason

ChgrSteve67

Had one of those days.

Changed the oil in the Charger like I have done more times than I can remember. Took extra care not to make a mess and fired the car up. Oil pressure got up to 7 then dropped to 0....  WTH......look in front of car and see oil on the ground... a lot of oil on the ground and shut off the car.

Well either the rubber seal fell off the filter while I was screwing it on or I tightened the filter too much. I'm not really leaning towards the latter but its not out of the relm of posibility. (and the old rubber seal was not still on the motor, I always double check) Anyways in the two minutes the car was running it pumped 5 quarts of oil into the engine compartment and on the ground.  What a mess.  

Note to self: In the future make sure the seal on the oil filter is properly glued and don't over tighten.

-Steve

Bob T

Burnt my left forehead up by the ( receding) hairline on the hot chrome Bassett header after a run by leaning in to pull and check the dipstick on my old Flatbottom raceboat . Aye yi yi  :brickwall:   
Didnt do that again for at least another 2 weeks  :'(
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

elacruze

Man, I can't count the times...

put 4 quarts of oil in a forklift...then slipped in the puddle. Installed drain plug.

put 4 more in, started. No oil pressure. Slipped in puddle. Installed oil filter.

2 hours cleaning customer's loading dock.

One of the things I have tattooed on the inside of my eyelids is 'KISS'. I've trained myself, and I train every new student that 99% of all failures can be found with a thorough visual inspection. Rule #2; it's not the computer.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.