News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here's one for you guys that work for the railroad.

Started by TruckDriver, May 06, 2011, 01:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Dans 68

That is the definition of the word "awesome". "Amazing" would work also....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

69rtse4spd

Cool, I wounder if his ride back was on the other side.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

derailed

The line I work on encounters that situation a lot after extended periods of heavy rain, especially right now with all the flooding going on around Lake Champlain. Whats scary is that a situation like that can happen and never raise a red signal if it does not break a bond wire in the track. Most of the time track patrols catch it though.

bobs66440

Amazing that they happened to be there. Good thing!  :2thumbs:

rollingthunder

here's one for ya.
this is the view us railroaders see, dont know the details. but this wash out will make a railroader shiver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuv3uVrcoio
life's to short have a blast before its gone.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: derailed on May 07, 2011, 01:11:15 AM
The line I work on encounters that situation a lot after extended periods of heavy rain, especially right now with all the flooding going on around Lake Champlain. Whats scary is that a situation like that can happen and never raise a red signal if it does not break a bond wire in the track. Most of the time track patrols catch it though.

YUP!   No red signal. Train come up on that and not know a problem was there until it was too late. It happens every once in a while. Seems like it happens more when a railroad trys to reroute mother nature by moving an existing creek or drainage area and lots of rain just puts it right back where it used to be and washs out.

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: rollingthunder on May 12, 2011, 01:20:22 PM
here's one for ya.
this is the view us railroaders see, dont know the details. but this wash out will make a railroader shiver.

I bet that was a heck of a jolt when they hit it. At least they got stopped by a road crossing so they didnt have far to walk to the taxi cab!   :smilielol:

Todd

Chargen69

Took that idiot long enough to MOVE away from that landslide

TruckDriver

Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 12, 2011, 01:58:43 PM
Quote from: rollingthunder on May 12, 2011, 01:20:22 PM
here's one for ya.

I bet that was a heck of a jolt when they hit it. At least they got stopped by a road crossing so they didnt have far to walk to the taxi cab!   :smilielol:

Todd

I wonder what the rest behind them ended up looking like :o
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P