News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

todays music

Started by mustanghater, August 02, 2005, 07:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Dans 68 on August 05, 2005, 09:45:11 AM
Today's what?

Exactly! What music? I thought you had to have some kind of talent or play an instrument to make it big in the music industry!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BB1

I'm going back to Disco myself.  O0
Delete my profile

Brock Samson

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 22, 2009, 07:18:42 PM
Quote from: Dans 68 on August 05, 2005, 09:45:11 AM
Today's what?

Exactly! What music? I thought you had to have some kind of talent or play an instrument to make it big in the music industry!

Boy have you got a steep learning curve...

mikesbbody

There are some good bands around Today I wont list anything because its simply my opinion.
For me, the Quality of today's music isnt the same as it use to be so much sounds the same  :Twocents:

Manfred318

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on June 22, 2009, 07:10:25 PM
Weird Al does it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZqciuoiikw&feature=fvst

:smilielol: Thats good stuff there. Weird Al is great!

I like all different kinds of music from Classical to Death Metal. As for todays music, I listen to new music but the majority of people have probably never heard of the bands I listen to (Viking, Folk, Pagan Metal mostly). I really dont listen to the mainstream stuff.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Mike DC

"I hate that crap those niggers listen to!  Of course it's being pushed by the radio, because they can make a buck off corrupting impressionable middle class white kids with that trash!  Half the prime audience for the stuff is too young to be subjected to that kind of strong content in the first place.  It's all just beat and dirty sexual lyrics, it doesn't even take any musical talent anymore."

Is this quote referring to modern rap music? 

Or is it referring to the influential early Rock & Roll of the 1950s?

Brock Samson

in befoe da lock..  :boogie:

Old Moparz

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 23, 2009, 07:25:15 AM

"I hate that crap those niggers listen to!  Of course it's being pushed by the radio, because they can make a buck off corrupting impressionable middle class white kids with that trash!  Half the prime audience for the stuff is too young to be subjected to that kind of strong content in the first place.  It's all just beat and dirty sexual lyrics, it doesn't even take any musical talent anymore."

Where the hell was that quoted from?  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ghoste

I'm going to take a stab here and say that where the quote came from is precisely what Mike is trying to make us guess.  Going further, I'll say it's someone whining about early rock 'n' roll based on the derogatory racial term.

SeattleCharger

or early rock corrupting the youth with immoral free-thinking content   

I can't stand rap type music today,   but I did listen to it as a younger kid,  NWA era, now I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard then listen to the rap type music they are putting out today on the radio

before the   :dancinglock:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ghoste on June 23, 2009, 09:34:43 AM
I'm going to take a stab here and say that where the quote came from is precisely what Mike is trying to make us guess.  Going further, I'll say it's someone whining about early rock 'n' roll based on the derogatory racial term.

You may be right, but I was asking in hopes of finding out that it wasn't quoted from someone on this site. There's a handful of members on here (that I won't mention by name) that have posted racial comments like that before. I just want to make sure so I have a better idea of who to avoid.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 23, 2009, 09:29:56 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 23, 2009, 07:25:15 AM

Where the hell was that quoted from?  ::)

I don't know, but I do get the point he's trying to make. It's funny, whenever an argument about "rap" or "bling bling" comes up here or (especially) on moparts and I see some of the comments, I immediately think about quotes like that from the 50's. Except - and say what you will about the ignorance of those comments at the time - at least back then the person saying it would come out and say "yeah, I'm a racist...so what". At least you knew were they stood. Nowadays, their modern equivalents will try to mask it by using euphemisms and then act all offended and/or accuse you of being overly sensitive when you call them out on it. What a bunch of cowards. 
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

dukeboy320

Yeah (c)rap sucks! all i lisin to is rob zombie kid rock and metallica :2thumbs:
Massively Over Powerd And Respected

ronv

I am really enjoying Clutch right now. They have a cool sound and have great musicianship.  :2thumbs:

SeattleCharger

my brother sent me these utube video links,    these guys are sort of from SNL somehow, not sure

rap I guess, sort of a spoof, but it ain't bad, heh

"I'm on a boat Motherf$%#@$"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOvaCV6uQp8

here's another one from same guys,   "Jizz in my pants"

has a grocery store scene with Soprano's daughter, (not that kind of scene)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4&feature=PlayList&p=5A9C50B207ADC1E0&index=0

scamper340

Here's another rap spoof for you, cracks me up.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoM3gz02zIE

SeattleCharger

Quote from: scamper340 on June 24, 2009, 12:17:39 AM
Here's another rap spoof for you, cracks me up.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoM3gz02zIE

heh, funny, haven't seen that one before,  Flight of the Concords   from HBO, watched first season, funny stuff

see the one where the girl was going to Iraq and talked him into having sex before her tour of duty?

SeattleCharger

speaking of racism and rap, I don't know if this news reporter is prejudice, putting down small country town or what,   or if it was racist that someone made a video remix of his news broadcast rant and put a rap beat to it.   
     Anyways, a news broadcaster is reporting and a bug flies in his mouth and he gets mad  
                (warning:   some coarse explitives)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8MNH7JuR7I#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUtuhu_lvZw&feature=related

Tilar

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 03, 2005, 12:22:07 AM
rap is spelled with a silent c on the front

You just don't pronounce it the same way I do... I add the "C".  :lol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Brock Samson

Quote from: dukeboy320 on June 23, 2009, 08:44:11 PM
Yeah (c)rap sucks! all i lisin to is rob zombie kid rock and metallica :2thumbs:

that pretty much says it all I think.  :lol:

73chgrSE

Lately I've enjoyed redisovering the classics like Telemann, Bach and Dvorak. Free radio stations on Dish tv. :2thumbs: Modern music, with vocals hurts my ears. :Twocents: :smilielol: it's all been said and it's all been done before, 100 times over. The only way out is to invent some new instruments. And all this auto-tune crap on the vocals needs to die now! If you can't sing, stay in college and out of the studio. :smilielol:

Ponch ®

Quote from: 73chgrSE on June 24, 2009, 01:03:53 PM
  And all this auto-tune crap on the vocals needs to die now! 

I agree...and we have Cher to blame for that, ever since she did that song 10 or so years ago. Now everyone is a Ne-yo sound alike with that annoying effect.

Generally speaking, today's music doesn't do much for me. There are a few current bands that I like, but even those are still not entirely mainstream. My favorite current band is Coheed and Cambria (I know...their sound puts them in the "love em or hate em" category), and I'm also digging Mastodon and Avenged Sevenfold (trendy, I know, but you do see flashes of metal brilliance in some of their songs).

On a related note...it really is a fine line between rock and rap as we know them...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QMn_EDGkJo

73chgrSE

my response to that vid is "too much technology and not enough creativity". :eek2:

Ponch ®

Quote from: 73chgrSE on June 24, 2009, 01:21:04 PM
my response to that vid is "too much technology and not enough creativity". :eek2:

yeah, but that's sort of besides the point. If you listen to the original back in black...is Brian Johnson singing or rapping? and if you put AC/DC's music to Busta Rhymes...isn't he just doing the same thing?