News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

todays music

Started by mustanghater, August 02, 2005, 07:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

crap I'm sounding like that idiot Unholydarkness
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

zstalker

You really have to dig for truly high-quality music nowadays...but, come to think of it, you always have.  A few very talented (and varied) artists that are around currently:
Tool
Frou Frou
Sigur Rós
Audioslave
Weird Al Yankovic (seriously, you can't deny he's incredibly talented)
VNV Nation
Orbital
Astral Projection
Aphex Twin

I'm not going to bash other genres (and other artists in the same genres) for their commercially-manufactured filth that clogs our culture, because it would just make me frustrated, but those are a few "gems" I've found among the rubble.
This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.
I was wrong.
This changes everything.

RT DAVE

I'm only 30 but I really miss Frank Zappa...
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Andrew

im going to kill the next personwho says KISS dress like sluts

69_Hemi_Charger

Quote from: Ghost on August 02, 2005, 07:47:38 PM
The only good new music is Country.   And, only about 1/4 of the new country songs are any good.   I like the oldies.   Elvis.   Merle Haggard.   Waylon Jennings.   Willie Nelson.   Johnny Cash.   Lynyrd Skynyrd.   KISS.   Styx.   AC/DC.   Those bands, imo, are the good ones.   Before all this pop music, wannabe thugs, and women who can't sing, but are popular because they dress slutilly.

One of the best new country singers is Waylon's son Shooter Jennings
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life - Muhammad Ali

Lowprofile

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 02, 2005, 07:14:20 PM
I like Rap!   ;)

In the infamous words of the Great Sam Kinison:

" Instead of spending $10 dollars on a Rap record, Take that $10 and wipe your A$$ with it, then flush it down the Toilet".

" For Those about to Rock, We Salute You"   AC/DC     :musik010: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :boogie: :boogie:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Mass_Mopar

I listen to everything BUT country  :icon_smile_dead:(and classical, and my grandmother's music, but you get the point)

some of the bands on the "top 50 most played" songs in my itunes library are:
Black eyed peas
Cypress Hill
Eve 6
Green Day
Guns n Roses
Incubus
Jet
Modest Mouse
Pearl Jam
The Postal Service
Ra
Seether
The Strokes
Sublime
Sum 41
Switchfoot
Weezer

but I'm also a big fan of just about all classic rock (I used to ONLY listen to classic rock, but it eventually gets boring, and I branched out), most of the new, non-screaming rock, some old-school rap, and some of the new, not ridiculous r & b.  Heard of Everlast?  some good stuff
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

ClassicStack

There is some great talent out there but you got to look for it, it's not gonna come to ya. No one want's to here a Bob Wills or a AC/DC or a Son Seals influence in music today. It seems like every thing is directed toward children now, and their influence is Barney. (PBS show for children) The radio only play's innocent bland music, and all the bar's are filled with cover band's. I can remember being in a cover band, I would play the same crap night after night and no one want's to here some thing new. On the other hand writing original material can be difficult time's. Almost every thing has ben written before and copywriting take's forever.   The problem with music label's and band's is that they want to make a quick buck. Their not looking at the long term of things. Look at Britney Spears granted she make's allot of money and she's happy now. But when she get's older is she gonna be proud of the work she did? I can only imagine her at 45 doing what she doe's now. It aint gonna work.

Sorry if I offended any one in a cover band. There are some great musicians's who put their on twist on a old song to make it their own.   :)

4402tuff4u

Barney is on top of my list with Mister Rogers!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Troy

Quote from: andrew on August 03, 2005, 11:45:09 PM

KISS dress like sluts. Actually, they look more like the losers in a second rate drag queen contest. However, thanks to that wonderful invention called "radio", no one has to really see them when listening.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Troy on August 04, 2005, 12:42:17 PM

KISS dress like sluts.

:haha:

Chalk up another rap hater here. :wave:
I don't actually consider rap "music" anyway, it's more "talking in rythym" than music...and it sux.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chryco Psycho

Tool / Perfect circle is great !

Mefirst

The members in KISS do dress like sluts. Period.. Damn, talk about an overrated band.. Twisted Sister would kick KISS butt any day of the week.

Well in the end discussing about what music is best is like trying to hump a basketball hanging up-side down in a bungee cord.. In other words a waste of time... So to end this debate.. The Ramones is the best band that ever existed on this planet.. Motorhead comes in at a good second.. The rest are just third rate bands, no more, no less....

:punkrocka:

Jon Smith

No.. motorhead are first, ramones second

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

andy74

i like a lot of different types of music,older country,and late 60s early 70s rock.my most current favorites are the ska type bands,cake,sublime,mighty mighty bosstones.the first no doubt album was good,before they sold out!and i like the ramones,black flag,and other punk bands.Also, like early metallica,megadeth and pantera when i am in that pissed off mood!

Brock Samson

I find it interesting that you folks find rap so bad that you have to "diss" it all the time, I listen to some it's true, depending on my mood,I like the beats and the lyrics which speak of realities of life today on the streets and in the hearts and minds of the many disinfranchised members in our society.
but diss it if you must...
I also listen to Gospel music and I am particualy fond of the cello.

Not into Hip-Hop?.. Don't dig Remixes?... What? is it the ricer equivelant to classic rocks' muscle?..   it's too tough for you?.. or too true and you can't deal with it?
     I find it funny how the poster asks about "new" music and you guys can't find anything newer then 20 years old... ok a couple of exceptions,.. Aphex Twin etc..
btw Hendrix is my fav. still new after all these years... I love lefty Frizzel too, you countrey boys know who that is?..
anyone into poetry?..
Les Paul and Betty Ford anyone?...

i'll give ya a great "new" music,.. St. Germain. (french jazz)

O.K. Flame on..   :flame:

http://www.popmatters.com/music/reviews/s/stgermain-boulevard.shtml

Andrew

Quote from: Mefirst on August 05, 2005, 08:41:21 AM

The members in KISS do dress like sluts. Period.. Damn, talk about an overrated band.. Twisted Sister would kick KISS butt any day of the week.

really?
why dont you come down here and say that

Troy

Quote from: andrew on August 05, 2005, 06:24:39 PM

really?

Because he lives 4,000 miles away and beating a high school kid into submission over taste in music is a severe waste of time. I live closer and I said they dressed like sluts too. :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Troy on August 04, 2005, 12:42:17 PM

KISS dress like sluts. Actually, they look more like the losers in a second rate drag queen contest. However, thanks to that wonderful invention called "radio", no one has to really see them when listening.

Troy

hehe

Rock and roll, country, classic rock, pop, a small amount of rap, Sublime was awesome, strange how the best bands lose their lead singers, sad I mean,  actually like most music some of the time, variety, if I had to choose two, rock and country.  Couldn't choose one.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

BigBadCharger

I can't stand todays music. Bands like My Chemical Romance, the Killers, new Greenday is just pure Emo garbage. I hope they never sell another record, but knowing todays youth, they will, sadly. :icon_smile_dead:
How's your wife and my kids?

General_01

I mostly like '70's rock. Skynyrd is my favorite. I also like AC/DC, Bob Seger, Allman Brothers, most anything involving Clapton. I also like country. My favorite all-time country artist is Randy Travis. I like George Jones and when I want to put a big smile on my face I listen to Jerry Reed.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

psykicpup

Quote from: Troy on August 05, 2005, 07:06:22 PM
Quote from: andrew on August 05, 2005, 06:24:39 PM

really?

Because he lives 4,000 miles away and beating a high school kid into submission over taste in music is a severe waste of time. I live closer and I said they dressed like sluts too. :P

Troy

ahhhhhh but I think I said it first....& I'm allowed  - they're one of my fav bands!
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!