News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

todays music

Started by mustanghater, August 02, 2005, 07:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

I hate some of todays music! like all those punk bands that think their all hot shots cause they got thousands of screaming fans and millions of dollars to spend.
what happened to the days that bands played for the music and not the money. I can name one band from the 90's that didn't play for money thats sublime they played allover california and still have a huge fan base even though they haven't played since the lead died. what do you think about some of todays music.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Brock Samson

emily

Rap doesn't qualify as music imho    :no:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TheGhost

The only good new music is Country.  And, only about 1/4 of the new country songs are any good.  I like the oldies.  Elvis.  Merle Haggard.  Waylon Jennings.  Willie Nelson.  Johnny Cash.  Lynyrd Skynyrd.  KISS.  Styx.  AC/DC.  Those bands, imo, are the good ones.  Before all this pop music, wannabe thugs, and women who can't sing, but are popular because they dress slutilly.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

mustanghater

Quote from: Ghost on August 02, 2005, 07:47:38 PM
The only good new music is Country.   And, only about 1/4 of the new country songs are any good.   I like the oldies.   Elvis.   Merle Haggard.   Waylon Jennings.   Willie Nelson.   Johnny Cash.   Lynyrd Skynyrd.   KISS.   Styx.   AC/DC.   Those bands, imo, are the good ones.   Before all this pop music, wannabe thugs, and women who can't sing, but are popular because they dress slutilly.
:2thumbs:
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

matt43

IRON MAIDEN RULES!!! I'm seein them the 11th an I'm STOKED!!

The only good new music is Country. And, only about 1/4 of the new country songs are any good. I like the oldies. Elvis. Merle Haggard. Waylon Jennings. Willie Nelson. Johnny Cash. Lynyrd Skynyrd. KISS. Styx. AC/DC. Those bands, imo, are the good ones. Before all this pop music, wannabe thugs, and women who can't sing, but are popular because they dress slutilly.

Even a lot of the new country isn't country.  Ever heard of Blue County?  They came up here once to play.  What the deal is a rodeo and concert series.  A full rodeo show is run and then they open the gates so you're down in the dirt listening.  Anyway I bought tickets, mostly for the rodeo, but stayed for the concert.  I got sick of their pop crap and left.  Other "country" singers that I hate are Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, and new Kenny Chesney.  Others I don't like include Shania Twain and Martina McBride.  Tracy Byrd has a song about a "real good way to get on his bad side."  Included in his song is a line about "all that boy band crap, a sissy in a cowboy hat ain't country", that's how I feel.  I love Hank Williams Senior, Eddy Arnold, Pasty Cline, Tracy Byrd, George Strait and a ton of others.  My absolute favorite (as I've said many times) is Chris LeDoux.  I can sit and listen to his CD's all day every day.  My signature at the bottom is an excerpt from one of his songs.  If he ain't country no one is.  He was a world champion bareback rider.  He also made Garth Brooks career.  If it wasn't for Chris, Garth probably wouldn't have had a career, at least not nearly as big as it was.
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

TheGhost

Quote from: 253862656971 on August 02, 2005, 10:32:57 PM
The only good new music is Country. And, only about 1/4 of the new country songs are any good. I like the oldies. Elvis. Merle Haggard. Waylon Jennings. Willie Nelson. Johnny Cash. Lynyrd Skynyrd. KISS. Styx. AC/DC. Those bands, imo, are the good ones. Before all this pop music, wannabe thugs, and women who can't sing, but are popular because they dress slutilly.

Even a lot of the new country isn't country.  Ever heard of Blue County?  They came up here once to play.  What the deal is a rodeo and concert series.  A full rodeo show is run and then they open the gates so you're down in the dirt listening.  Anyway I bought tickets, mostly for the rodeo, but stayed for the concert.  I got sick of their pop crap and left.  Other "country" singers that I hate are Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, and new Kenny Chesney.  Others I don't like include Shania Twain and Martina McBride.  Tracy Byrd has a song about a "real good way to get on his bad side."  Included in his song is a line about "all that boy band crap, a sissy in a cowboy hat ain't country", that's how I feel.  I love Hank Williams Senior, Eddy Arnold, Pasty Cline, Tracy Byrd, George Strait and a ton of others.  My absolute favorite (as I've said many times) is Chris LeDoux.  I can sit and listen to his CD's all day every day.  My signature at the bottom is an excerpt from one of his songs.  If he ain't country no one is.  He was a world champion bareback rider.  He also made Garth Brooks career.  If it wasn't for Chris, Garth probably wouldn't have had a career, at least not nearly as big as it was.

Yes.  I fully agree, 100%.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Chryco Psycho

rap is spelled with a silent c on the front
there are some good new hard rock bands If you can find a station that will play it so you actually hear about them  :flame:

Old Moparz

Good music to me has high & low points, & right now it's coming back up from a low point. For a while I had a hard time finding things I enjoyed. It seemed new ideas that had some creativity were lost or overlooked by record labels. That's a good time to dig up old music you never heard, or just haven't listened to in years. Right now I can't keep up with it & have to avoid the satellite stations & college radio or I'll go broke buying CD's. I hate pop, or whatever else the commercial radio stations force feed you into believing is the greatest. I won't listen to them & would rather have dead silence as background music.

I like a lot of different music & just bought several discs in the last several weeks that sound great. An electronic jazz CD from a band called "Praful" is in my truck right now. I'm also hooked on the latest Nine Inch Nails disc "With Teeth" & actually scored a pair of tickets to go see Mr. Reznor (NIN) in Philadelphia in November. I hope I can deal with the rest of his "fans" that'll be there. As for new music on the commercial radio? Most are copies of copies of copies, & all marketed as originals that seem pretty annoying to me. One of the older albums I recently took out was Steely Dan's "Aja" & still love that one.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

Ii just puled out Gary Moores' first solo album (with Phil Lynott from thin Lizzy) "Back On the Streets Again"

GOTTA LOVE THAT DAMN VYNAL!!!   :icon_smile_tongue:

I got 5 or six of his subsequent records and Cd's but that's the best by far..   ???

FastbackJon

Rap is good stuff, well at least some of it I really like, old and new school. Usually I like certain songs rather than certain artists, although DJ Quik is pretty good. I also like rock, certain songs too, megadeth is pretty good. But I'll even listen to some easy listening once in a while, and I really like driving around in the Charger playing oldies from the '60's.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Charger_Croatia

I don't like too much modern stuff (hard to call it music in most cases). 70's and 80's are my choice as that was a music of my youth.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

TruckDriver

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 03, 2005, 12:22:07 AM
rap is spelled with a silent c on the front
ther are some good new hard rock bnads If you can find a station that will play it so you actually hear about them

There's a couple around here that does. I like 3 Doors Down, Nickleback, Saliva, Theroy Of A Deadman as far as new bands go.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Andrew

i like bands like KISS, the who, 8 foot sativa and ac/dc.i also listen to some drum & bass

4402tuff4u

New music that has caught my attention other than the "classic" rock:
U2
Radiohead
STP (Weiland)
Coldplay
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

psykicpup

The only good new music is Country.   And, only about 1/4 of the new country songs are any good.   I like the oldies.   Elvis.   Merle Haggard.   Waylon Jennings.   Willie Nelson.   Johnny Cash.   Lynyrd Skynyrd.   KISS.   Styx.   AC/DC.   Those bands, imo, are the good ones.   Before all this pop music, wannabe thugs, and women who can't sing, but are popular because they dress slutilly.

Kiss & Ac/Dc are country bands??? could have fooled me!
and lets facew it Kiss dressed like sluts too :icon_smile_cool:
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Shakey

I sure wish The DeFranco Family would put all of their crap behind them and reunite.

Silver R/T

country is lame, bring on the amazing 80's can listen to them all day long
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69_se_ron

The music of the Allman Brothers Band is part of my life support system.
Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

TheGhost

Quote from: psykicpup on August 03, 2005, 10:48:05 AM
The only good new music is Country.  And, only about 1/4 of the new country songs are any good.  I like the oldies.  Elvis.  Merle Haggard.  Waylon Jennings.  Willie Nelson.  Johnny Cash.  Lynyrd Skynyrd.  KISS.  Styx.  AC/DC.  Those bands, imo, are the good ones.  Before all this pop music, wannabe thugs, and women who can't sing, but are popular because they dress slutilly.

Kiss & Ac/Dc are country bands??? could have fooled me!
and lets facew it Kiss dressed like sluts too :icon_smile_cool:

I never said that.  I said the only good new music is Country.  Then, I listed some of the older bands/artists that I like.

psykicpup

just joshin' yah Ghost
I did notice 'the oldies comment..
but Kiss did dress like sluts didnt theey lol..I used to wear less eyeliner when I was on the pull  ;D
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Telvis

Brock Samson

since when is U-2 concidered new music?..