News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interesting General Lee

Started by freddyd02, May 04, 2011, 10:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Is it wrong to see a black guy with a General Lee type of car that has NO confederate flag?

BrianShaughnessy

Never saw it... don't know who it is...  don't care.   :shruggy:      To each their own  :Twocents:

But remove the name and numbers and it's probably not too shabby of a car.

The pricetag however...  is totally outta whack  ::)
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on May 05, 2011, 06:23:01 AM
Never saw it... don't know who it is...  don't care.   :shruggy:      To each their own  :Twocents:

But remove the name and numbers and it's probably not too shabby of a car.

The pricetag however...  is totally outta whack  ::)

I suspect that the out-o-whackness of the price is reflective of the fact that he is selling the car as a feeder for a charity in his name.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Troy

It's a "preview" auction for a later auction?

And what exactly does this mean?: This 1969 Dodge Charger is slated to be one of the last surviving cars from "Dukes of Hazzard"

And this:
Slated to be one of the last 4 vehicles remaining from the set

The price has to do with the owner and the fact that it's for a charity - not to mention the fact that I don't believe they plan on selling it until the charity auction so this number is just a pie-in-the-sky number to draw attention (which it did).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Quote from: Troy on May 05, 2011, 12:12:05 PM
And what exactly does this mean?: This 1969 Dodge Charger is slated to be one of the last surviving cars from "Dukes of Hazzard"

And this:
Slated to be one of the last 4 vehicles remaining from the set

I wondered about that too. Very odd. Are they trying to say it was in line to be on the show but was never used?

aussiemuscle

Quote from: bull on May 05, 2011, 02:11:56 PM
I wondered about that too. Very odd. Are they trying to say it was in line to be on the show but was never used?
probably claiming it WAS on the show