News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jackie Cooper won't be down for breakfast

Started by Richard Cranium, May 05, 2011, 04:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Cranium

Former child actor Jackie Cooper passed away on Tuesday in a Beverly Hills hospital, his family has announced. He was 88.

Cooper, who was featured in Hal Roach's "Our Gang" series, became the youngest actor to ever be nominated for a Best Actor Academy Award, when he was nominated at the age of 9 for his work in the 1931 film "Skippy."

In later years, Cooper served as a VP of program development for Columbia Pictures' Screen Gems division. He also worked behind the screen as a director, and won two Emmy Awards for directing work on "M*A*S*H*" and "The White Shadow."

As an actor, Cooper experienced renewed fame as gruff newspaper editor Perry White in the "Superman" film series of the late '70s and early '80s. He announced his retirement in 1989.

Born John Cooper Jr. in Los Angeles in 1922, he was married three times, to June Horne from 1944 to 1949; to Hildy Parks from 1950 to 1951; and to Barbara Kraus from 1954 until her passing in 2009.

In all, Cooper had four children, though he outlived his two daughters, Julie and Cristina. Cooper is survived by sons John and Russell.

I am Dr. Remulac

TruckDriver

I remeber him from a LOT of movies and tv shows. RIP Jackie  :'(
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bobs66440

That's a shame. He had a long career though.  RIP