News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aside from full sized cars what is everyone's hobbies ?

Started by 440, May 03, 2011, 07:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I guess since I started this thread I should answer.

Mine is R/C car racing...  :D

Todd Wilson

Radios................I have 57 as of right now and 2 more in route................  When I say radios  I collect old vintage vacuum tube radios  and I am a ham radio operator so I have many radios that I can talk on around the world as well.  Also into antique trucks and have many other collections but they are put away right now.

Todd

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

rt green

used to motocross but ride on the street now. too old i guess.. oh, and collect wd 40 staws-lol
third string oil changer

JT01

1BAD68

John Deere garden tractors.
I've had 8 different tractors in the last two years.
Just like buying, fixing and selling them.
My current JD's...

BananaDan

Photography, although I haven't had much time to spend on it lately with my interior resto that's been going on since Feb.

http://www.strzelec.net/gallery/

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Arthu®

Although I can just wish that I was able to afford a car of any kind, my other hobby (other than talking and reading about cars) is basically computers and the internet (geek, I know).

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

BananaDan

Quote from: twodko on May 03, 2011, 11:14:06 AM
Our grandboys, woodworking, gardening and wine. :icon_smile_big:

OMG, how could I forget wine???  ;)  Yes, my wife and I are big cooks and wine lovers.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Manfred318

Lots of things. I collect records, band shirts, and other music stuff. I also work on some computers and electronical gizmos. I also do a little auto detailing too. It keeps me busy.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

mikepmcs

I'm with Dan on the Photography train.  Looking to take it to the next level.  Never stop learning in Photography, that's for sure.  Just got 3 more SB 900 strobes coming and an entire studio full of Novatron lights and stands and stuff that I got a great deal on ebay....and just now ordered 4 pocket wizard flex tt5 RF triggers. Really like all the techy stuff nowadays.

Woodworker- stopped for no aparrent reason.
Pool Player- Stopped for no apparent reason
Jewelry Making- Stopped after GF 7 years ago went away. Started to have something in common with her. Didn't work, she's a whore.  
Bowler- Stopped for no apparent reason
My cars....well I'm looking to stop that too-for no apparent reason(actually i need to focus more on photography so I need to sell the cars)
See the trend.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait movies...i'm into movies big time and have a pretty good collection.  Probably won't stop that but I don't buy them anymore, I just use NETFLIX now
and cooking....was going to go to culinary school Art Institute in DC or Pitt but didn't work out.

I also have 2 pinball machines(silverball mania and space invaders) and a tron standup from Bally. Entering the New England Pinball Championship in June.

so apparently my hobby is starting and stopping hobbies.Anyone want their picture taken.. :icon_smile_big:

www.photographearth.com
still a work in progress  cause I shouldn't have to be saavy on the web site stuff right?
right now my domain points to my smugmug page....wish there was an alternative to smugmug that had all the good stuff without the $150 cost a year.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

nh_mopar_fan

boating.

I throw darts on a team.

I also lift things up and put them down.

charger490

Drache

I'd love to get into photography but I would want to get into a course so I can be decent at it.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

nvrbdn

i collect old toys, i go camping almost every weekend,and love to fish.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

69bronzeT5

My hobby is building model cars and collecting diecast cars. My passion is playing guitar :)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

billssuperbird

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Ponch ®

guitars, chicks, and getting my swell on at the gym.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

troutstreamnm

Fly fishing, working on my cabin, cooking, home improvement projects.
2008 SRT-08 Challenger
1971 GA4 Challenger
1970 FK5 Charger 500

twodko

Damn, ain't we a bunch 'o talented musicalphotosawdustwrenchingfishing chubbyatthegym(well,only Ponch)campingasskicking dudes and dudettes!
We are gooood!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bordin34

R/C Cars, I have a one Nitro truck, a brushless on-road car that goes 50mph+ and a couple others.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

elanmars

movies, star wars, gijoe, comic books, music, photography...
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

69rtse4spd

Cars, (68 -70 Chargers), movies, making things with my hands, tool & die maker, & money (G.M. whore, working 6-7 days a week) which leaves little time for anything else.

gtx6970

My wife  ;) and the multiple things my girls do - youngest is the Volleyball player, oldest is into chorus / singing bigtime  , Both are into Karate, Both are now taking golf lessons., My wife and I play adults co-ed  volleyball durung the winter months.

I've also got maybe 300-400 model kits to build someday when I get time,,,,,,,someday.

NHCharger

Between my full time job and my apartments I barely have time for my car hobby.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Charger´69

Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

charger490

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 03, 2011, 05:48:10 PM
guitars, chicks, and getting my swell on at the gym.
ponch  the only machine at the gym that will attract girls is the ATM

SG1022

Kern Dog

Since the Charger was considered a MID sized car when it was built, I will have to say that my hobbies are directly centered on my 70 Charger and my stable of A body cars.
In 2008 when I was first out of work, I started playing Grand Theft Auto 4. I hadn't played any video games since I was a kid in the 80s, and I was amazed at how far they have come. The interaction was amazing, the graphics too. Its totally obscene in many ways, the language, the violence.... But I like it.

GPULLER

John Deere farm machinery, tractor pulling, snowmobiles,  have a couple old Vikings that my inlaws bought new that I plan on fixing up for some vintage rides next winter.
Dodge trucks, does that fall into the "full size car" category?

BB1

Delete my profile

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

tsmithae

Well, besides the car... I'm an audio engineer and I am a bit of a handyman and like building/electric/etc. Also love camping and road trips.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

bakerhillpins

I have lots of hobbies, but not lots of time so its bits and pieces of each a different times of the year or when I find the time.

Woodworking, Home remodeling (is this really a hobby or a bad life choice), Repair/restore Pinball and Video games, motorcycling.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Rolling_Thunder

Well - between work, school, and a social life....        I am starting to get into the weight lifting thing, been into the shooting thing, and need to get into the running thing
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

4cruzin

I'm in to boating, water sports, guitars, beer, billiards, bowling, fishing, jet ski riding, BBQ / cooking, computers, movies in my in-house movie theatre and of course the typical girls and cars or car shows.   :2thumbs:

It's amazing I find time to work. 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

darkfiire5000

Working out, looking for parts for my 37 chevy pickup, and whatever else I can find to do that keeps me entertained!!!

Bob T

Aside from the car orientated stuff , bit of guitar, enjoy  gardening and family and friends and the odd drink
Hey BakerHillPins, I've got a Getaway II on loan from a mate while he moves house, 20 years old and it plays " La Grange"  :coolgleamA:

North South Alignment, symbolic hubstone,  1.6 ratio tors,  intersecting arcs .

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

stripedelete

64dartgt

Aren't full size cars enough?  1973 Dodge Charger, 1964 Dodge Dart GT convertible and 1989 Jag XJS

Apparently not because I also have to work on the boat, 1981 S2 9.2A (30 foot sailboat).   :scratchchin:

68blue

Shooting, wine making, collecting old guns 1890s to 1940s, did the wood boat thing for a while but getting out of that with the move. Now I ride ATVs.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Bob T on May 05, 2011, 03:16:08 AM
Hey BakerHillPins, I've got a Getaway II on loan from a mate while he moves house, 20 years old and it plays " La Grange"  :coolgleamA:

It's a fun game, played it a bunch back in the day but never owned one myself. The "particle accelerator" is a fun gimmick. Burned many hours with ZZ Top playing on the Sony walkman playing pinball in the arcades.  :icon_smile_wink:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

mikepmcs

High Speed and Eight Ball Deluxe are 2 of my all time favs. 
Xenon, Paragon, Gorgar......all good ones as well.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TruckDriver

For the past 10 years, trying to find a girlfriend that I can actually trust. :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dodgeboy67

work drink sleep....work drink sleep....oh and soccer games, band concerts, and the occasional model car

redmist

I build post sample machine guns for fun.. And profit!!   ;)
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

WINGMAN

Quote from: redmist on May 06, 2011, 09:31:27 AM
I build post sample machine guns for fun.. And profit!!   ;)
Yes class 3 guns are fun :icon_smile_big: a fast way to spend your money.   Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

myk

jaak

Bluegrass......I pick banjo in a bluegrass band.

Jason

c00nhunterjoe

westcoastdodge

go to the gym,when i get time :icon_smile_big:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

Sendero

I like shooting and my wife loves photography ...so it works out

68blue

stripedelete

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Iceyone

I like to drink beer and sneak around in the woods and kill things.  :2thumbs:
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

chargermike

i play in a grunge cover band. ride ATVs. built a nine hole par 3 chip n putt on my property. i love playing drums guitars. camping in the mountains.

vancamp

gun collecting, trap shooting coach to our high school,riding mountain bikes with my son

elacruze

Bicycles (not so much now with bad knees)
Motorcycles (not so much now with bad back)
Shooting (not so much now with no close ranges)
Sailing (not so much now with the Power Tour on the horizon and car unfinished)
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

lexxman

I fly R/C planes60-70inch wingspan. And modelbuilding.sci-fi,cars.

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: I enjoy a cozy fire in the fireplace and walks along the beach.  :lol:

oh wait, wrong website...  :shruggy:

1970Moparmann

Coaching baseball - 2 teams

Have 3 boys, so what I like to do when I have time----

-Snowmobiling
-Motorcycling
-Dirt biking
-traveling
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TexasStroker

Family and work deserve and get most of the time.  Hobbies obviously include anything Mopar, running the websites (takes a lot of time deleting spammers from AAM and LSM), trying to start a Mopar 10 Registry, and then outside of cars gardening, fishing, pool, darts, music, golf when there is time, always try to learn new things, and of course Nintendo Wii (don't care what anyone says, it is fun)  :icon_smile_big:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Tilar

Making Miller Genuine Draft bottles and cans weigh 12 oz less than what they did when I bought them. 

I'm also into restoring old tractors. Working on a 1941 John Deere H right now. I also have a couple RC Airplanes. I haven't flown them in a few years but I still keep the runway mowed up!

Quote from: TruckDriver on May 05, 2011, 03:15:00 PM
For the past 10 years, trying to find a girlfriend that I can actually trust. :P

In todays day and time that is almost an oxymoron.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

71ChallengeHer

I love to cook, garden, read, music, watch movies. and my cats.

rustafarian

I collect old beer cans

I also race Spectator & Figure 8 at Sycamore Speedway.  When the cars are too chewed up to compete,  I finish them off in the Demo Derbies:

And I also think 8 Ball DeLuxe is the greatest pinball game of all time.  "Stop talking and start chalking!"
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

mikepmcs

AGREED!!! 8 ball deluxe is also on my short list.  One of the best.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: