News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Custom grill

Started by Jdwicked, May 02, 2011, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdwicked

Hey, I'm in the middle of restoring a 68' charger and after all the money i put into the drive train I'm on a tight budget for the rest of the car. what I'm working on now its the grill. the entire grill is pretty much trash the plastic is broken  in lots of places alot of the fins are busted and the trim is all dented and bent to hell. at this point i don't have the money buy a restored grill or to pay someone to restore mine. this is my first time restoring a car so i don't really have the skills to restore the grill my self I'm sure i could try but I'm afraid it might look like crap when I'm done i was thinking about just building a custom mesh grill to replace it seeing as how the I'm not restoring it to original anyway. was thinking about doing something with wire mesh kinda like the grill of the 70' charger in fast and furious 4 and 5. if anyone had built something like this please let me know any tips and alternatives are helpful

TexasStroker

I would like to see that installed...

Only issue is I'm sure a lot of the "broken" segments are in fact the grille surround, which if that is the case, the billet will look good, but draw attention to the cracks and craters in the factory grille surround.  Maybe you can fill those, smooth it out, and then go with the billet grille referenced.

I might like to see it run crossed as opposed to just horizontally.

Definitely keep us posted on what route you go...
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Jdwicked

That's kinda what i was thinking of doing. and TexasStroker is right most the broken parts are around the grill itself so I'm thinking of leaving the actually grill and fixing the area around it then making like a wire mesh grill cover to go over the grill it self. since the head light covers as well as the vacuum system are broken i think i might just take them out an have the head lights shine through behind the grill. I'm gonna start work on the grill probably this weekend after i get the motor and trans in and put a few body panels back on.

TexasStroker

Cool deal, keep us posted as you make progress!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!