News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spring Carlisle swap meet

Started by Ghoste, May 01, 2011, 07:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Was there anyone here who attended the spring swap meet in Carlisle this past weekend?  I was in the area but I wasn't able to get to the swap meet until this morning when everyone was tearing down.  It looked to me like it was very Chevy-centric.  Was this accurate and it's no use going there other than for Chryslers at Carlisle or did all the Mopar vendors leave before I got there?

PA Dodger

In all the years I went the only Mopar specific vendor was Jack's Mopar out of New Jersey (I think).  I always found him to be an icehole so I never stopped at his site. There was always enough used stuff to keep the trip worthwhile. Over the years I've hauled intakes, rearends, doors, etc... out of Spring Carlisle. My '70 Challenger was bought at Spring Carlisle.
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

Old Moparz

I've gone to the Spring & Fall shows since the 80's & it was always predominantly Chebby & Ford. Even before the Chrysler only show, there was hardly any Mopar stuff. If I go now, it's either to hang out with some Chebby friends who go, or just searching for generic parts. Last fall I was hoping to get some generic stuff from vendors that carry all makes & ordered a stainless exhaust system from Pypes for the Road Runner that was discounted with free shipping, & got some fasteners for my Scamp. Planned on a few more items, but the vendors who were listed on the website that had paid for spaces weren't there.   ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BrianShaughnessy

My friends go for weekend.    I have an open invite every year.    I just say no.   

They're more into hanging out and getting wasted for 3 days away from the wives it would seem.   

I can see the same amount of mopar vendors at the Englishtown swap - about 3  :lol:

Next weekend is the car show / swap meet 20 minutes away in Rhinebeck.   I'll be there all weekend.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Chris G.

I was there all weekend (I live 3 minutes away). It's the same every year...mostly Chevy and Ford stuff. Herbs and Jack's were the only all Mopar guys. There were a few vendors with Mopar stuff, but that's about it.

Cars: About 5 Dusters, 3 Cudas and 1 '66 Charger with a 361 that sold. There were a couple '73 Chargers that the owners thought were worth gold or something. They went home of course.

The food vendors are all different. No more Big Smokey's or the big breakfast place under the grandstands. It's now Nathan's, Domino's and a few other new places. Still a good choice in foods, but you are easily dropping $9 for lunch.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Woah, no Big Smokey's?  Was dell having withdrawal symptoms?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

Quote from: Chris G. on May 02, 2011, 05:47:05 AM
I was there all weekend (I live 3 minutes away). It's the same every year...mostly Chevy and Ford stuff. Herbs and Jack's were the only all Mopar guys. There were a few vendors with Mopar stuff, but that's about it.

Cars: About 5 Dusters, 3 Cudas and 1 '66 Charger with a 361 that sold. There were a couple '73 Chargers that the owners thought were worth gold or something. They went home of course.

The food vendors are all different. No more Big Smokey's or the big breakfast place under the grandstands. It's now Nathan's, Domino's and a few other new places. Still a good choice in foods, but you are easily dropping $9 for lunch.

Hey, wait a sec. You live 3 minutes from where, Carlisle?   :shruggy:  Did you leave NJ?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

resq302

Yeh, Chris defected to PA a couple months ago if I remember correctly.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Old Moparz

Quote from: resq302 on May 03, 2011, 11:37:55 PM
Yeh, Chris defected to PA a couple months ago if I remember correctly.

Cool, that means we all have a place to stay instead of paying for hotels.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Chris G.

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 03, 2011, 11:47:59 PM
Cool, that means we all have a place to stay instead of paying for hotels.

You should see my rates.  :o

And I don't have free breakfast, ice makers, towels, etc.  :2thumbs:

DC_1

I didn't go but know a few that did. They said they thought attendance was low from previous visits (maybe gas prices caused it to be locals and diehards).

I don't mind going to these Chevy and Ford dominated swap meets once in a while Sometimes you can find a Mopar part that the guy doesn't realize is worth something.