News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Breather or not?

Started by Belgium R/T -68, April 15, 2011, 03:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

I have installed a PCV valve on one side instead of a breather that just gace oilspill on my valvecovers, do I need a breather on the other side or is it OK with just a oilfillercap?
The PCV will be attached to the carbfoot vacummport.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

chargd72

You will need a breather or some sort of draw from your air cleaner on the other side .

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Belgium R/T -68

Have now the PCV on one side and a breather on the other but on the breatherside I have "steam"
coming out instead of the draw I expected. Can it be because my pistonrings arn't seated yet and
that's why the blow by? :scratchchin: It's mainly on cold engine and idle.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Musicman

Check this thread to see if you have everything set up correctly...
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64694.0.html

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks for the link.  :2thumbs: After reading it I think I will go back to my original setup,
2 filtered breathers. The only problem I had was that my valvecovers got a little bit oily after
a while but maybe that's because I use 440source small breathers? :scratchchin:

Per

firefighter3931

Per, the breathers that vent out of the bottom will send oil mist onto the valvecovers (common problem)

I like the K&N style breathers which seem to work better. VegasMike has these breathers on his 440 which gets run HARD and no oil mist on his engine  :2thumbs:

I also use them on mine with great results  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs