News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brown Cars

Started by tricky lugnuts, April 30, 2011, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tricky lugnuts

Maybe this has been discussed before, but what's your take on brown cars?

Maybe it's because I didn't live through the 70s, but they're really starting to grow on me! And it seems like you hardly ever see them anymore - many have been repainted some other color.

If I had an original brown car, I think I'd go back that way. I'd even consider painting a non-brown car brown, but not my GA4 car, because I like that color too and have a matching blue interior.

Post up pictures of your brown cars!

There's a pretty sharp '73 Challenger for sale on eBay right now, brown, four speed . . . OK, it's actually GK6, dark bronze metallic, but it looks brown, and it looks good.

Is there something wrong with me, or are brown cars underrated?

tricky lugnuts

:cheers:

tricky lugnuts

Drache

This picture doesn't do this car justice. In the shade its a dark brown, in the sunlight it goes a dark copper color with a metallic flake sparkle.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

tricky lugnuts

Looks good man . . . Like the brown and white combo. I saw some brown in your engine compartment over in the thread about your cousin. Thanks for the picture.  :cheers:

Arthu®

On a classic car it can look good, on modern cars not so much.
Striving for world domination since 1986

Old Moparz

I had a 1970 Charger that was brown. Someone had repainted it & went brown to cover up the original purple.   :shruggy:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

paironines

I enjoy the looks of my brown XP Charger over my B5 XS Charger. Call me crazy.

Drache

I was taking a picture of my sidearm and I just happened to get what my car looks like in the sunshine. Sorry for not washing the car first  :P

After washing it!  :2thumbs:

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

jeryst

Just like anything else, it all depends on what you like. Some people like brown, some don't. Just like some people like green and some don't.

CB

my ex 69
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

one more
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

John_Kunkel

Mopar called it "nutmeg" but it's brown to me; left it the original color when I had it repainted.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

magnum

I know its not a Mopar but here's my brown one! ;)
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

aussiemuscle

looking at 70s cars i don't know why they choose brown from the factory colours available. The 73 (aussie) charger i owned was a light metallic brown that i hated so much i repainted the whole car red with spray cans (about 30 of them i'd guess). i hope it doesn't come back into fashion anytime soon.

hemi-hampton

I Restored a Brown car for a Customer recently. 69 Roadrunner. LEON.

GPULLER

Quote from: tricky lugnuts on April 30, 2011, 08:15:24 PM

I thought that color was called Burnt Orange Poly?   :shruggy:  ('70 covnert Challenger)
My brothers '70 Super Bee was that color with Gator grain top.  He put a new top on it and painted it flat black, with black C-stripes.  Looks cool but I miss the Burnt Orange.

GPULLER

Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 05, 2011, 08:23:13 PM
I Restored a Brown car for a Customer recently. 69 Roadrunner. LEON.

Whoa...Koffel's Place!  :2thumbs:
Runner looks great Leon!

TUFCAT

I like brown on most mopars. :icon_smile_wink:

I also heard Koffels Place is great...but they may take forever. My engine builder (here in Detroit) is a Chrysler engine building pro with over 25 years in the dyno lab, and uses Booth-Arons for all his machine work. http://bootharons.net/

Paul G

This used to be mine. Sold it to another forum member. Last I heard he sold it and it was on it's way to Rio. I got a lot of compliments on the color. 

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

hemi-hampton

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 06, 2011, 02:59:00 PM
I like brown on most mopars. :icon_smile_wink:

I also heard Koffels Place is great...but they may take forever. My engine builder (here in Detroit) is a Chrysler engine building pro with over 25 years in the dyno lab, and uses Booth-Arons for all his machine work. http://bootharons.net/

Koffels was a big name in Detroit area back in the 80's. I think he's getting old & out of the Business. His son may be carrying the torch in Ohio. Did my buddy's Roadrunner as a Favor. LEON.

tricky lugnuts

This guy's calling this Challenger RT dark tan poly? T8? It's a very nice looking car.

Sorry about the links. Tried to copy to post it up, but it looks like he's got the photos copyrighted.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paddyspig/4934049762/lightbox/

This Charger RT is a pretty funky looking brown, kind of light tan and gold, to my eye:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paddyspig/4934049762/lightbox/

Paul G: that Charger looks great. Thanks for posting it up.

Love the 69 Roadrunner and the Dart and Charger and the wagon from earlier, too. They all look good.

QUOTE: "I thought that color was called Burnt Orange Poly?     ('70 covnert Challenger)"

You may be right . . .  But it looks like oranges start to brown when you burn them!

About the 30 cans of spray paint to get rid of brown, to each their own with their cars.

I just think some cars look really, really good brown, as good as any red or orange or blue or black or silver or copper or green out there, and I think the general lack of brown cars nowadays makes them look all the better when you see one.

I'm in the Brown is Beautiful camp.  :yesnod:

tricky lugnuts

Sorry, double posted the Challenger link. Here's the charger:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rexgray/4660257310/lightbox/

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

rp23g7

Brown, and metallic brown and dark green and medium green look great on older cars, but on newer cars its just ugly, especially that green they paint new Honda Elements and that green Nissan uses