News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing wheel moulding

Started by AmadeusCharger500, April 29, 2011, 01:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

I purchased a new set for my 74 charger from carlisle last year. Im just now trying to install them. This does not seem like a straight forward easy process. Any tips or ideas? Already I can see the Right rear does not have the bend at the lower body line. How do you do this :shruggy:

NHCharger

Yep i picked up a repoped pair from Metro at Carlisle. One or two of mine were off a little. I figured after 40 years the same quarters aren't the exact same shape they were when new. I quickly found that a second pair of hands were needed to get each one lined up and started.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

AmadeusCharger500

do you start in the middle or at one end? and I got these from metro also....only have 3 predrilled holes also.

Charger-Bodie

I take an assortment of the spring clamps,clamp them all the way around. Start in the midle and keep working back and forth.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

charger Downunder

Start at the top middle and work outwards on both sides.
Buy some clamps and clamp them on first.
[/quote]

AmadeusCharger500

Um is it possible I have the wrong mouldings? I picked out the ones that marked 73/74 b-body. Im looking at a Roadrunner and seeing they have no bottom body line to contour with. It did not occur to me that B-body meant Roadrunner/satellite.

NHCharger

Sounds like you just found the problem. Big difference in the wheel well openings between Dodge and Plymouth.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel