News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for quality restoration shop in new england area HELP!

Started by BulletMan, April 30, 2011, 01:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BulletMan

I was hoping you guys could help me. I am planning on having my 69 Charger RT restored and I am looking for feedback on a reputable shop. I am in MASS. Someone was telling me of a shop that specialized in Chargers in rhode island but he did not know the name of it or any contact info? Any help is appreciated.

69 OUR/TEA

69 OUR/TEA

Should have asked you this first,but,what is the status of your cars condition,what does it need,to what level are you trying to get,just the body/paint on the shell,or turn key,etc,etc????

jb666

My guys are about 30 minutes South Of Boston, in Halifax Mass... If you're interested, let me know..

BulletMan

THANK YOU!!! Yes the place in Rhode Island is Mike Mancini's American Muscle Car Restorations. I found the tel. number on a google search 401-267-0055. I am going to check them out although the pics in the other thread are impressive already.

The car is a decent condition complete car that I have owned a long time. I have never had any serious work done to it. i am looking for a turn key resto...

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: BulletMan on May 01, 2011, 09:16:54 AM
THANK YOU!!! Yes the place in Rhode Island is Mike Mancini's American Muscle Car Restorations. I found the tel. number on a google search 401-267-0055. I am going to check them out although the pics in the other thread are impressive already.

The car is a decent condition complete car that I have owned a long time. I have never had any serious work done to it. i am looking for a turn key resto...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  :yesnod:

BulletMan

Yes I realize it will be very expensive to have the car fully restored but I am prepared for that. My main concern is finding a shop that will do a high quality job that will last.

BulletMan

I understand it will be expensive. Like I said before I am shopping for quality not cheapest price. I've been down that road before and I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. I intend to do a lot of homework before selecting a shop to do this job.

RT/SE

I also 2nd the recommendation for:

http://www.labrecqueautocraft.com/

They do top notch work.  They did a 71 Hemi Cuda for a friend of mine and the car came out great.  I've seen a number of cars done by Labreque over the years and they consistently take the top awards at shows.   

doctor4766

Quote from: BulletMan on May 02, 2011, 08:49:58 AM
Yes I realize it will be very expensive to have the car fully restored but I am prepared for that. My main concern is finding a shop that will do a high quality job that will last.
Can you post some pics of how she is now?
Gotta love a '69

Charger_Dart

The other post is about my car.
I can tell you Mike does excellent work, answers all questions, returns phone calls etc.
He emailed me weekly updates with lots of detailed pictures of the work being done. He is not the least expensive option, but an excellent one if you want top quality work done on your car. His shop has worked on many Chargers and his guys know them very, very well. These were things that meant a lot to me when I was searching for a good shop to work on mine. No regrets here.
Mike   
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

mikepmcs

Quote from: jb666 on April 30, 2011, 08:56:17 PM
My guys are about 30 minutes South Of Boston, in Halifax Mass... If you're interested, let me know..

Look no further than Jeff's post. Gods would be a proper description.

Here.... I started you out at the end.  You can go back from there. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,50620.5050.html
:2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BulletMan

Hi Guys I thought I would report back. After talking to a lot of shops and getting feedback from references, I did select Mike Mancini's shop American Muscle Car Restorations in Rhode Island to perform a nut and bolt restoration on my Charger. What impressed me about his operation was the high quality work I saw. He also answered all my questions in a straight forward manner where other shops, I could tell were not giving me the whole picture. His shop has some real rare mopar iron in it, very impressive to say the least. A first class operation.

I am very excited to get my car back to its former glory. Once we get going on the project, I will probably post some pics of the process in another thread.

Vainglory, Esq.

Congrats.  Keep us posted.

Also, one rule to keep in mind when farming out work: remain involved in the process.  It seems you picked a very reputable shop, but you just never know.