News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger Woodgrain Dash Panels

Started by BananaDan, March 04, 2011, 01:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only need to buy the repro woodgrain panels and they attach directly to the dash frame and gauge cluster, right?  I don't have to also get the black panels and then put the woodgrain on top of the black ones, do I?  If yes, do I buy an identical setup in the black ones as I do in the woodgrains?  I have a non-A/C car, so I'm buying the 5-piece woodgrain panel set.  Same black 5-piece set is needed?  BTW, I'm getting the BEA/PGC panels.

Please don't tell me I have to buy another $400-$500 set of black dash panels to go under the $650 woodgrain ones.  

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

oldcarnut

Don't know for certain but I don't think there are any differences but before you order the wood grains,  I can check with a friend that I think has a new set of woody PGC's you might could get for much cheaper if your interested.

BananaDan

Sure, you can give him my e-mail if you want.  dan@strzelec.net
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

richRTSE

I assume its the same as a 69. On my '69 R/T SE, the woodgrain is glued to a thin aluminum plate that has small tabs that go through the actual plastic dash bezels and then the tabs get bent over to hold them in place. I had my woodgrain panels restored, and had to remove them from the plastic bezels. So yes, you do need the black plastic dash bezels too, and they need to have holes for the fingers to go through too, (unless your woodgrain pieces are already mounted on them).

edit: I just looked at the BEA site, and their $670 woodgrain kit is just the woodgrain overlay, and does not include the actual black plastic dash bezels.

superbirdrag

He's right . I just checked my dash and it has the black plastic piece under the woodgrain. I thought it was just the radio bezel that was doubled up. Dont buy new ones ,you should be able to pick up a set for $100 that are good enough to restore and cover. Thats what I am going to do