News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Motor Trend Classic photoshoot with the Daytona, WOW !!!! Thanks Doug !!!!

Started by hemi68charger, April 28, 2011, 07:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 28, 2011, 06:46:55 PM
Great story & opportunity!  I just got the issue with the '68 Hemi Charger on the front.  Did they say when your issue would hit the stands?

Well, at the risk of corning Preston, nope.. He couldn't tell us.... I completely understand..... Funny my ties to that. That EE1 Hemi Charger R/T Dave owns is the one Julius wanted to do a "Troy Trade" to me.. I love the car and it's awesome, but I wanted to keep the Daytona. Both Julius and Dave owned my Daytona, so it's funny how things come around or pan out........  Seeing some of the photos AJ did on his computer, I believe the quality of imaginary will be the same, fabulous...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

kw mopar

Great oppurtunity and awesome pictures. Worth takin a day off work.
Rob.

hemi68charger

Quote from: kw mopar on April 28, 2011, 11:08:36 PM
Great oppurtunity and awesome pictures. Worth takin a day off work.
Rob.

Oh yeah, definitely.... When we got to the track before dawn, saw not a soul there as we were the first of 4 AND, then, we had to sign the waiver? I knew right then, game on !!!!!  Show me the track !!  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Hopefully I'll get some club points for the year's club jacket tally at the end of the year. I was hamming it up with AJ (photographer) to get my club shirt's logo on film. He went with it and I posed for various shots.. Of course, Scott and the boys were raggin' on me was AJ was taking the pictures...  :smilielol:
Troy

pettybird

jeez Troy it's bad enough you made it into 63% of my Talladega pictures...keep stealing my ideas like these and I'm gonna charge you royalties!  :rofl:

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on April 29, 2011, 08:41:42 AM
jeez Troy it's bad enough you made it into 63% of my Talladega pictures...keep stealing my ideas like these and I'm gonna charge you royalties!  :rofl:

Yeah,, but there's one big difference.....................  I was able to do 120+ mph on the backstrech and that wasn't even staying into it.......  :icon_smile_big:

Dang, I wish I would have had Josh or Scott standing in the Starter's stand and video me haulin' arse...  :D

Great pictures there Mister..  I'm not stealing your ideas, we're just cut from the same mold. I've been around roundy-round tracks since I was born.. I'm only able now to catch up with my acquistion of 'Tona. You lucky dog have had a winged car in your presence since your day-1, thanks Mom !!!

I'm still on cloud 9... My only regrets is not pushing her even more......
Troy

hemi68charger

More pictures forwarded to me by Ken, a friend of Marty's, the owner of the Ford and Mercury...

AJ, the photographer, about to drive out onto the track with me..

Hanging out in the Sprint Cup garage first thing in the morning.. It was a very nice and crisp morning.....

Staged out on pit row..

My individual running-on-the-track shoot.

Told Scott to jump on in, put the peddle to the metal.... He didn't...    :RantExplode:

Me whizzin' by............

My turn over............. For now...........  :D

Sneak peek of AJ's work.. Now I see why he wanted it to start so early.. You can see the Sun starting to peek over the back of the track out from the East..

Pairing of the Mopars about to hit the track...

Look at those peeks.....

Great guy, Marty... he owns the two FoMoCo's.......... Used to race in the Winston Cup series,, remembers these cars well.............

Just a plain ole' good shot.

Talkin' things over with Marty.........

Face off

A little tire-burning action....  :D  ..............   And then bye-bye.............. Time for another lap........

Troy

scatpakrt

71 "Mr. Norm's" Charger R/T, 440 auto, 323 Suregrip, Bright Red
09 Challenger SRT8, 6.1 Hemi, auto, Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
08 Mega Cab, 2500 Diesel, auto, Brilliant Black Pearlcoat

moparchris

WOW!!  How cool was that?!!  Great story and great pictures.  Thanks for sharing them Troy.  I can't wait to see the article.  My C500 is going to be in Hemmings Muscle Machines either next month or the following month's issue.  The photo's were done almost a year ago and they called me for the story last month.  It's nice to see the aero cars getting their day!!

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparchris on May 02, 2011, 11:09:23 PM
WOW!!  How cool was that?!!  Great story and great pictures.  Thanks for sharing them Troy.  I can't wait to see the article.  My C500 is going to be in Hemmings Muscle Machines either next month or the following month's issue.  The photo's were done almost a year ago and they called me for the story last month.  It's nice to see the aero cars getting their day!!

Thanks everyone... Chris, that's awesome you C500's going to be featured, it's always a nice feeling.... Just found out this morning from the writer (Preston) that the article will be published in the Fall issue.. So, luckily, I won't have to wait long.
Troy

moparstuart

wow very cool  , what an awesome oppertunity      Great photos troy   :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

71ChallengeHer

hemi68charger

Troy

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: Man, what an awesome day!  The car looks great.  Once in a lifetime event.  Thanks for sharing.