News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone Try Or Running IE9 Yet??

Started by A383Wing, April 26, 2011, 10:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

Todd Wilson

I F'n hate it.....................everything is backward from the old explorer.  It seems to run ok  but it screws everything up after install. Your  favorites bar is gone. Favorites are on the wrong side.

Todd

TK73

Firefox changed up some things on the newest version that are a pain in the ...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

terrible one

Quote from: TK73 on April 26, 2011, 11:16:12 PM

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. I still Haven't gotten the hang of it. Looks like they're trying to mimic Google Chrome :shruggy:

A383Wing

Quote from: Todd Wilson on April 26, 2011, 11:13:16 PM
I F'n hate it.....................everything is backward from the old explorer.  It seems to run ok  but it screws everything up after install. Your  favorites bar is gone. Favorites are on the wrong side.

Todd

reason I asked was that reason.....I installed in on my desktop....thought I screwed something up....went back to IE8

68X426

Microsoft really messed up on IE9. They must love moving their mouses and clicking, clicking, clicking away.

What was previously three mouse moves and a click for me to get to the favorites link for this forum now takes a click, 7 mouse moves, and a click. And I'd say I am as adaptable as anyone to new software, but this sucks. They eliminated shortcuts, efficiencies, and user friendliness. In the big scheme of things it's just a few seconds and a few moves, but I see no practical reason for IE9 to add so many more moves and clicks for routine useage.

Dumb. Stick with IE8 as long as you can.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

my73charger

Quote from: terrible one on April 26, 2011, 11:27:04 PM
Quote from: TK73 on April 26, 2011, 11:16:12 PM

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. I still Haven't gotten the hang of it. Looks like they're trying to mimic Google Chrome :shruggy:

I agree.  It acts like Google Chrome.  I hate it and after I upgraded to it I unloaded it and went back to 8.