News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Its Finally Over

Started by Drop Top, January 07, 2006, 10:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drop Top

I was painting the hood for a customers 69 Charger, Thusday afternoon. In walks my Sister and Brother in-law with a piece of paper. I told them go back out side and let me finish with this coat of clear. I'd be right out. Their all smiles. I look at the paper and its a notice from the IRS. The lien's have have been lifted from are homes and the 150 acres that they sit on. Finally, after almost 16 years of hell. I can relax a little. Now I can sell out and retire. What am I going to do? The same thing I'm doing now only in a new, bigger shop. With all the right tools that I need to make life a little easier. I guess I'll get my wife her new dream home  and that CrossFire she wants also.

Anyway I had to tell somebody the good news. I'm not trying to boast. But my sister and I have been fighting this thing for much  to long. If I were a drinking man I would still be drunk. But I have to much to do in the shop to be botherd with that.

TK73

Rock on!!  Must be a HUGE relief
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Blown70

SWEET, I LL HAVE A DRINK FOR YOU....

Can we come visit the RANCH.... ;D

GLAD TO HEAR THINGS HAVE CLEARED UP :yesnod:

Drop Top

I don't think its settled in just yet. We have hit so many walls during this time. They would say jump we would say how high. We would meet their demands and that still wouldn't be enough. They even admitted they where wrong at one time. But said,"To bad for you". I really think the only reason its over was that the statute of limitations was over, and God's will. Now for the start of an all new adventure for me. In selling and marketing 150 acres of prime ground on the very outskirts of Bakersfield. The property sits on the boarder of the city and they already have it mapped into the city. I get an average of 5 calls a month to sell to big time developers.

You can come visit any time. I don't plan on being here after about 2 years though. But you can still come visit me after I git my new digs and new shop. Wherever that might be. I plan on the minimum of 10 acers just for the house and shop.

Troy

That's great news! :2thumbs:  :boogie: 

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chryco Psycho

AKcharger

The IRS is worse than hitler!

Wakko

That's good news!  I didn't realize you were mired in with that kind of battle.   :icon_smile_dead:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Blown70

Quote from: Drop Top on January 07, 2006, 11:28:03 AM
I don't think its settled in just yet. We have hit so many walls during this time. They would say jump we would say how high. We would meet their demands and that still wouldn't be enough. They even admitted they where wrong at one time. But said,"To bad for you". I really think the only reason its over was that the statute of limitations was over, and God's will. Now for the start of an all new adventure for me. In selling and marketing 150 acres of prime ground on the very outskirts of Bakersfield. The property sits on the boarder of the city and they already have it mapped into the city. I get an average of 5 calls a month to sell to big time developers.

You can come visit any time. I don't plan on being here after about 2 years though. But you can still come visit me after I git my new digs and new shop. Wherever that might be. I plan on the minimum of 10 acers just for the house and shop.

Drop make it 15, you alway will wish you had more.  I have 4.4acres and wish I had 10.

Where you planning of moving to?

Tom

andy74

i remember the story,im glad its all over for ya DT, congrats

Charger_Fan

Hooray for you!! :boogie:
That's great news & must feel like a huge weight has been lifted.
Congratulations, Drop Top! That even put a big smile on MY face. :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: Wakko on January 07, 2006, 11:45:56 AM
That's good news!  I didn't realize you were mired in with that kind of battle.   :icon_smile_dead:
Here's his previous thread regarding the whole mess; http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3821.msg47020.html#msg47020

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Darkness

Doc74

Ponch ®

Quote from: AKcharger on January 07, 2006, 11:45:48 AM

:haha:  i'd forgot about that one!

DT - congrats and good luck!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Silver R/T

thats good news for you, must've slept much better that night
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

red72chrgr

Congrats DT !!!  :boogie: Ever think of Tn.? :icon_smile_big:
Nothing personal, just business

Lowprofile

Congrats DT!  Let us know when you open your shop.....I'll send you my 70 RT & a big check!  :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Mefirst

Johnny SixPack

Congrats, DropTop! :cheers:

Quote from: AKcharger on January 07, 2006, 11:45:48 AM

You ain't just whistlin' Dixy, my friend. :D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Highbanked Hauler

Drop Top, :cheers:to you man, parts of the human race can be so disscusting and other parts are so great.I guess it must be some kind of a balance, :icon_smile_question:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

NHCharger

That's great news.
This reminds me I have to pay my last quarterly payment to the IRS this week. :flame: :flame:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

8WHEELER

Wow, what a great thing to get off of your shoulders. So the House will be 5 acres and the Shop 5 acres??
You will need another 5 acres for a yard  ;D ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

ChargerBill

Congratulation DT!!! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Next timeI head down that way I'll be sure to stop by and check out the new shop....
Life is a highway...