News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some pics of my first 71 R/T psychedelic huh?

Started by last426, January 07, 2006, 04:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

last426

Okay, I'll admit it.   I was super lucky to have bought a new 71 Charger R/T.   For a bunch of reasons I did not get the hemi and that, really, is what made me buy the car that I have today.   I was setting up my website and going through old pics and here are a few of the plumb crazy, luggage racked, painted in weird colors, Ansen Sprint magged, car.   But it did have a cassette and a light box -- gawd, I cut up the dash for that, and shag carpeting and I just wish I had a pic of the interior, wow.   Never forget the reason I got the cassette was the song Tears of a Clown and the first tape I ever listened to in it was Dejavu, by Crosby -Stills.   The lovely girl is Patty, a great person who put up with me for a while.   Ahh, to be young and racing again...   Kim

Just 6T9 CHGR

Let me be the first to say........Nice Suit!! :thumbs:

Whats the story with the wreck?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

greenpigs

QuoteWhats the story with the wreck?

The suit?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

derailed

Love lookin at old pics, thanks for sharing  :2thumbs:

last426

Quote from: greenpigs on January 07, 2006, 06:38:40 AM
QuoteWhats the story with the wreck?

The suit?

The suit my butt, how about that package?  Okay, tiny as it was it still gave a great deal of happiness -- to me at least.   Once again I have to say, ahh, to be young again with Patrish hugging me, wow.  She was, I want you to know, the last person I said " i love you" to and that was in '81.  Sorta sad really.  Teehee.  Kim  

NHCharger

We now know where Austin Powers got his fashion ideas from. :icon_smile_big:
Thanks for sharing your pics. Seeing the Charger all crunched up brings a tear to my eyes.
I might have to go down to my parents house and dig out a pic of me and my first car, a Corvair ::)
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

chargervert

WHooo Hooo,man that suit is you!,you'll get some leg tonight for sure,tell us how you do! Come on Dave give me a break! one break comin up! Quote Val Halen 1982! In 82 my 70 Charger R/T was in black primer,and had a tunnel ram,with 2 holley 660s on it.I also had Crager S/S mags,and N-50 15 tires.I still have the old R/T!

TruckDriver

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 07, 2006, 06:22:25 AM
Whats the story with the wreck?
:iagree:

Was a nice car still. Did you replace the drivers door at one time too cause it look lighter. Whatever happened to it?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TK73

Very cool car, that thing just looks plain sharkish-MEAN.

Love the suit...  O0
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Charger_Fan

From that angle, it looks about as bad as my wreck. :'(
Cool pics, Man. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

6pkrunner

I love seeing the period pictures. Thanks for the trip.

Highbanked Hauler

426,  I had a suit almost identical  to yours,denim right? Had mine till the mid 80s till the wife through it out :'( after we went to a wedding and it embarrassed her,come to think of it I lost a lot of clothes that way.Great pix man,thanks for sharing.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

Thanks for the pics man.  I remember the world a little nicer tonight. (sometimes nostalgia is a good thing and not just an expensive hobby)

Goldfinger71

Thanks for the flashback!..Did you ever catch on fire from your pants legs rubbing together? ;)
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!