News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many cops do we have here ?

Started by skip68, April 24, 2011, 12:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

1HotDaytona,

This sentence in my earlier post: "That was nasty sport, please beat the hell out of yourself for me." was way out of line, disrepectful and combative to you. Please accept my sincere apology for that.

The rest of my post stands.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Charger-Bodie

Again, I am sorry. I let my emotions type .... I sicerly thought that he was cutting down the Men and women at the operations leval stating they could do any of the good without the dispacher..... It is oneof those deals were everyone is important to the sitsuation at hand. I guess I felt offended by what I thought he was saying so I lashed out in an offensive manner. I should not have done that and again. I am sorry.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

last426

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 25, 2011, 02:15:41 PM
Again, I am sorry. I let my emotions type .... I sicerly thought that he was cutting down the Men and women at the operations leval stating they could do any of the good without the dispacher

Operations level?  You mean the level of the brave police who responded to Columbine and shook in fear behind their cars as those two nuts went along killing kids?  Only after the danger stopped did they venture in to scrap up the bodies.  At least the dispatcher got the police to the right address.  Their cowardice left America shaking its collective heads in disbelief.  Is that the operation level you refer to?  Kim

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: last426 on April 25, 2011, 06:48:24 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 25, 2011, 02:15:41 PM
Again, I am sorry. I let my emotions type .... I sincerely thought that he was cutting down the Men and women at the operations level stating they could do any of the good without the dispatcher

Operations level?  You mean the level of the brave police who responded to Columbine and shook in fear behind their cars as those two nuts went along killing kids?  Only after the danger stopped did they venture in to scrap up the bodies.  At least the dispatcher got the police to the right address.  Their cowardice left America shaking its collective heads in disbelief.  Is that the operation level you refer to?  Kim

That is not how the majority of the Police handle themselves , Atleast not in my area. And I'm sure there are also some not so great dispatchers out there too. unfortunately that's the way it seems to be.

"WOW!   Glad you're not in the town where Im a volunteer fireman!  For comments like that I'd stay home or maybe bring marshmellows for my brother firemen to roast while your house goes up in flames (hopefully your loved ones made it out ok).  Actually, I am not like that at all. And yes, thats right! I said VOLUNTEER firefighter!  I DON'T GET A DIME FOR DOING IT!!!!!  I get the satisfaction that I am helping others.  As offensive as that was the last time I went into a burning home was a couple years ago, thankfully no one was injured, but yes there have been times I've pulled lifeless bodies out of a smoke filled, toxic gassed environment, where the flames were spreading.  Never once have I had my hand out asking for a dime.  The thankful smile I get from a mother being reunited with her child or a child getting their dog or cat back from the house thats on fire is enough for me thank you!"

I am also a VOLUNTEER Fire Fighter. That is kinda why it ramped up my emotions when I thought you were attacking the operations level.

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

HITMAN 149

im bittttttting my tongue on this one.....esp last 426's "cowardice" comments....  :icon_smile_blackeye:
too sensitive a subject and comments that will only end badly.
as we all know, not everyone like cops, BUT next time you need help... call a crack head... let me know how that works out for you!! just like in EVERY facet of life (and every occupation)... there are good people and unfortunately there are bad people. hmmm just like some people don't like cops.... well WE COPS don't like $cumbags!!!  :angel:
amen to all my brothers in BLUE, and all my F.F., EMS and all the other emerg svc workers out there!!!
BE SAFE!!!!
:cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Drache

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on April 25, 2011, 07:39:17 PM
im bittttttting my tongue on this one.....esp last 426's "cowardice" comments....  :icon_smile_blackeye:

:nana:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ACUDANUT

I have been one for 20 plus years...However I do not brag about it, nor seek recognition....Low profile is my Motto.

resq302

1Hotdaytona,

In no way means or form was I trying to belittle or downgrade what the men and women of police, fire, and ems do because they are the main faces that the general public sees.  I respect them but sadly, the majority of the cops do not have the respect go back towards the dispatchers.  Its funny how the firemen and EMS have a higher respect for dispatchers than what the cops do even though we know what the scene is going to be like prior to them getting there.  They have to rely on us and what we tell them.  If we don't tell them something, it could mean they get shot and killed.  As for "heros", well, my philosophy is if everyone on my squad goes home alive, we win!  If I save a life by giving CPR over the phone, we (as a team) win!  If someone who gets their house or car broken into and the cops catch the guy, again, WE as a team win!  Without them, I would not have a job.  Without me, they wouldn't know where to go!

I also have the utmost respect for people serving in our armed forces.  Again, that there is a team effort!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

last426

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on April 25, 2011, 07:39:17 PM
im bittttttting my tongue on this one.....esp last 426's "cowardice" comments.... 
too sensitive a subject and comments that will only end badly.
as we all know, not everyone like cops, BUT next time you need help... call a crack head... let me know how that works out for you!!

But I am not stating an opinion.  Those Columbine cops were hiding behind their cars while innocent kids were being killed and that is cowardice.   Instead of blindly saluting cops for being "brave", explain that cowardly act.  And to come forward with the worn crack head rejoinder demeans your position -- at least if he is called he won't shoot you.  And there is case after case after case of cs cops killing a forty year old Asian woman for having a spatula, or zapping a 10 or 12 year old kid for acting up, or chasing a guy with expired tags for having expired tags and killing a whole family, and on and on and on.  Or families calling a police person, explaining that their family member has mental health issues, only to end up with the police killing the guy as happened in a theater here five years ago or so. Nope, in my opinion the dispatchers are more the heroes.  Kim

xpbprox

It's terribly sad when things get blown out of context or when someone just happens to have a bad day and decides to vent on the forum. It's uncalled for. Thank you too all of you guys who serve in the military and public safety. I hope to become an officer in the United States Marine Corps, does this count haha just kidding.

PS remember there's always 3 sides to a story

TK73

Damn that spun out of control...  :buff:

For the record:

I sit my fat Aspencade behind a desk most days suckin up Juan Valdez' finest and a few Krispys...  :2thumbs:

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

skip68

:popcrn:  well, I wonder how the FBI sits with you guys?   Good, bad or ??? ?
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Budnicks

Unfortunitly there are some realy great police officers & some that should be on the unemployment line, but you can say that about almost any profession, except most professions don't carry a loaded weapon & are cleared to use them. I have had to qualify a bunch of officers that have no business carring a weapon let alone drawing it from thier holsters, because the standards have been relaxed so much for the qualifications. Such is life it's getting hard to recruit officers any more, Just for the record I'm not 1, Just a former range master that has seen way too many officers that don't belong in the ranks or using a side arm. For the individuals that are qualified to be an officer, my hat goes off to you, your doing a hard sometimes thankless job.     Budnicks
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

resq302

Skip,

As far as I am concerned, FBI, CIA, and DEA all fall under the same area as police, fire, ems. :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69 OUR/TEA

Not to make this thread get way away from what it originally asked,but here goes my  take.
First, anyone who VOLUNTEERS(meaning their own free time) for any kind of service to the public,...firefighters,hospital staffs,helping children for whatever reason,etc...needs an applause.Look how most of us are locked onto to a computer visiting a forum using our free time!!!!!!!
Second,I know Brian(1Hotdaytona) pretty well,and know he does not like to offend people,intentionally or unintentionally,and can see it was a misinterpritation of what was being discussed,water under the bridge,he clarified himself.
Third,Brian (Resq302),thank you to for being a Volunteer FF contributing your help to your community.My town only has volunteer fire depts,no paid staff.So that is what we rely on.Now,you are reading my typing,not hearing my voice on this,so don't take it as I'm lashing you if it comes out that way.
Again,yes,you are employed by a Police dept.Yes,you are involved with the whole process of responding to crisis,and directing those in the field to be the hands on help.As well as you stated,staying with those on the phone for comfort,assuring them,instructing,etc.Are you an important part of the wheel,YES!!!
But,some do like to be involved in an organaztion and apply credit to a higher level of ranking because they are involved.I had a friend who worked as an HVAC tech at a prison here in CT,and had to have the knowledge that the correction officers did,for his own good against the inmates.He was always guided to his assignments by guards,and never had any interaction with inmates.Thus,used to always refer to himself as a correction officer,and even went as far as keeping one of his ID bages in his car,acting like he was a cop or something.Was he ever in general population with these nut cases,NO.Used to make me sick.
Do I consider you a cop,no,just as he was not a correction officer.Reason I say it like that is,you are involved yes,but are behind a desk,and unless I don't have enough info,you are not in harms way like the actual cops,and never have to worry about getting shot,ran over,beaten up,etc.Nor does your wife have to worry about every taking moment you are at work,as a wife of a cop that patrols the streets.You are not the one pulling over a suspicious car with tinted windows that you have to walk up to and have no idea that a gun could be pointed right at you,or walking into a house with a guy high on drugs,and have no idea of what he is capable of or what he is thinking.Would I want to be a cop,NO!!!!
Bottom line is,at the end of your shift,you know you will be going home,big difference IMO.As Hancock said "Good job !!!"

HITMAN 149

last 4126.... YES that is YOUR opinion!! (which you are certainly entitled to!) it is NOT a FACTUAL STATEMENT!!
ok... i'm not going to keep going back & forth and defend my profession. BUT WE (COPS) DON'T HAVE TO RISK OR GIVE OUR LIVES NEEDLESSLY!!!! so i guess it would have been better for ALL the cops to just bum rush into the school (or any other place!!) & get killed also!?!?!?   :icon_smile_blackeye: so i guess when someone starts shooting near you you just stand there out in plain sight... INSTEAD of TAKING COVER to protect yourself!?!?!  ::)
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Mr.Woolery

Quote from: mpdlawdog on April 25, 2011, 07:45:10 AM
dont hold it against me....I have a motto...the better the burnout the less chance you will get a ticket!  However, if you have a rice burner and think you can take my charger...I will remember your license plate for later!

PS I dont like donuts but my partner likes to eat people who make fun of officers eating donuts  :D

It's nice to know you're consistent and don't profile people...no wait.  :-\
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

resq302

69 our/tea,

I am not a cop and did not want to be misconstrued as a cop which is why I outright said I am not a cop, I am a communications officer.  My initial post was a jokingly made comment even chuckling as I typed it.  If I were to misrepresent  myself as a cop or even police officer, I would get in serious trouble.  Its called impersonating a police officer and there is serious penalties that go with it.  Maybe some of the NJ cops here can elaborate as I do not know what the specific penalties are for it.  I even go as far as correcting people who call 911 or the non emergency number when they think I say detective, inspector, or officer when I give my name anytime I answer the phone.  ( I still am baffled at how the word dispatcher can be heard as officer, detective, or inspector   :shruggy:)  

I am not in harms way unless some wacko decides to come into police headquarters and start shooting up the lobby, in which case I hope the (so called) bullet proof glass that is about 8 thin sheets of glass on top of each other (which got cracked when a set of keys were thrown at it!) holds up and the (so called) kevlar reinforced sheet rock around the bullet proof window is actually what they say.  As rare of a situation as someone shooting up a police headquarters, it has happened.  Not in my town, but others.  I can just see something like this happening where I work.  "Honey, my torso and head is fine, however, the supposed kevlar reinforced sheet rock was plain old sheet rock and my nuts got shot off!"

Now if you want to talk about stress levels, I would have to say that dispatchers are on the same level as cops.  I was surprised to find out that the suicide rate of dispatchers was equal to or better than cops.  I know after a sunday dayshift where I had a subject who was suicidal and barricaded himself inside the house with his family and threatened to blow the house up and pointed a gun at officers who were outside, that was certainly stressful.  :pullinghair: Sad thing is that 2 hours after that incident ended, we had another suicidal male alone also with a gun who was barricaded inside his business.  That had to be my longest day on the job yet and when I got home, I drank.  HEAVILY! :faint:
Brian

Lennard

Quote from: last426 on April 25, 2011, 09:29:04 PM
But I am not stating an opinion.  Those Columbine cops were hiding behind their cars while innocent kids were being killed and that is cowardice.   Instead of blindly saluting cops for being "brave", explain that cowardly act.  And to come forward with the worn crack head rejoinder demeans your position -- at least if he is called he won't shoot you.  And there is case after case after case of cs cops killing a forty year old Asian woman for having a spatula, or zapping a 10 or 12 year old kid for acting up, or chasing a guy with expired tags for having expired tags and killing a whole family, and on and on and on.  Or families calling a police person, explaining that their family member has mental health issues, only to end up with the police killing the guy as happened in a theater here five years ago or so. Nope, in my opinion the dispatchers are more the heroes.  Kim

Real heroes usually end up in their grave early, if you think you can do a better job than the average police officer out there then why don't you give it a try and see how big of a set of balls you really have...  It's always easy to judge after an incident when all the facts are known. On scene there is a high stress level and you have to make split second decisions without knowing what is really going on. The thing with these kind of jobs is that you can only understand/know what we are talking about when you have been there and done that.

resq302

Quote from: Lennard on April 26, 2011, 02:08:31 PM
Quote from: last426 on April 25, 2011, 09:29:04 PM
But I am not stating an opinion.  Those Columbine cops were hiding behind their cars while innocent kids were being killed and that is cowardice.   Instead of blindly saluting cops for being "brave", explain that cowardly act.  And to come forward with the worn crack head rejoinder demeans your position -- at least if he is called he won't shoot you.  And there is case after case after case of cs cops killing a forty year old Asian woman for having a spatula, or zapping a 10 or 12 year old kid for acting up, or chasing a guy with expired tags for having expired tags and killing a whole family, and on and on and on.  Or families calling a police person, explaining that their family member has mental health issues, only to end up with the police killing the guy as happened in a theater here five years ago or so. Nope, in my opinion the dispatchers are more the heroes.  Kim

Real heroes usually end up in their grave early, if you think you can do a better job than the average police officer out there then why don't you give it a try and see how big of a set of balls you really have...  It's always easy to judge after an incident when all the facts are known. On scene there is a high stress level and you have to make split second decisions without knowing what is really going on. The thing with these kind of jobs is that you can only understand/know what we are talking about when you have been there and done that.

Agreed Lennard! :2thumbs:
Brian

Chargen69

:flush: this thread

any sane, law abiding person respects police officers, anybody with a normal bone in their body respects firemen (of any kind) if somebody doesnt, then they should go live in another country.

Khyron

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on April 26, 2011, 10:53:51 AM
so i guess when someone starts shooting near you you just stand there out in plain sight... INSTEAD of TAKING COVER to protect yourself!?!?!  ::)

Lets hope so... that way we won't have to ever read drivel like that again :-)

I'm not a cop, EMT, Firefighter or anything.... so not knowing the stress that is involved in that job, I don't comment. If I get pulled over, I show respect. If I see a Firefighter, I show respect, same with EMT and such.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ACUDANUT

last 4126.... YES that is YOUR opinion!! (which you are certainly entitled to!) it is NOT a FACTUAL STATEMENT!!
ok... i'm not going to keep going back & forth and defend my profession. BUT WE (COPS) DON'T HAVE TO RISK OR GIVE OUR LIVES NEEDLESSLY!!!! so i guess it would have been better for ALL the cops to just bum rush into the school (or any other place!!) & get killed also!?!?!?   :icon_smile_blackeye: so i guess when someone starts shooting near you you just stand there out in plain sight... INSTEAD of TAKING COVER to protect yourself!?!?!  ::)
I agree with Hitman. Just sit in your chair and judge. :RantExplode: Unless you were there and have all the facts, don't judge...Better yet, why don't you wear my shoes for a day and tell me how easy it is...For everything I do, I have 20 people judging.

resq302

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 27, 2011, 01:09:40 PM
I agree with Hitman. Just sit in your chair and judge. :RantExplode: Unless you were there and have all the facts, don't judge...Better yet, why don't you wear my shoes for a day and tell me how easy it is...For everything I do, I have 20 people judging.

Just 20?????  must be a small department or town.   :lol:   Hell, I have more than that here at my job.   Just kidding.
Brian

PrisonHack

I was a police officer for several years. Now I work as a corrections officer with the Federal Prison system. Loved being a police officer, but the federal job offered more benefits and better pay.  As far the dispatcher bashing, anyone who has ever worked a shift as a police officer will tell you how important a good dispatcher is. We were lucky to have a mostly good crew in our communications department, but we had a couple that were scary. We had one poor girl that sounded like she had a mouth full of rocks all the time. I used to run the tag numbers on eclipses, galants ect. just to hear her try to say Mitsubishi on the radio :smilielol: :lol: