News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another whats it worth question 68 RT rust bucket shell????

Started by photon, April 23, 2011, 11:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

photon

I know it is worth what someone will pay for it.  Just trying to get an idea on everyones opinion before I put it up for sale.  Purchase the car in 2003 for parts.  I have taken everything off that I can use.  It would come with fender tag/dash tag/numbers on the trunk lip/ and the rad cross member.  The rad cross member was cut out by the previous owner but I do have the part with all number on it.  I found what was left of a build sheet under the seat (not much, mice got to it).
The fender tag reads:
abcdefghjkmnpqrtuwy
64            6
ABCDEFGHJKLMNOPRSTVWXYZ
                           2          6
12345678   AX  TRM  PNT  UBS
50      B    48   C6X  AA1  B  9
XS29  83  5  46   XXX XXXXXX

True RT minus everything.  The only parts worth anything are the center hump, roof,and rear speaker tray.  I just have no use for the thing and it would look better in s some other mopar grave yard.  I really think this thing is way past restoring. I will try and add a few photos of the old thing

photon

My photos are to large and will not let me load.  I will try and fix it (not a good computer person).  Forgot to mention that I do have a title for the car.  I never put the title in my name because I had no plans on restoring the car and didn't want to change it to a non highway title.  I had a trooper friend years ago run the numbers and it came back clean. It is signed but not dated by the previous owner.

Dans 68

Here are the photos.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Dans 68

Two more.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

rt green

third string oil changer

F8-4life

I'd think it would be worth around $500 or $600 maybe. I'd love to have it as yard art.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Tilar

Quote from: rt green on April 24, 2011, 11:20:07 AM
what is that bracket on the inner fender?

:scope:   Hmm, that's odd for sure. I wonder if it was a movie car of some sort. Maybe a camera mount? And yellow at one time to boot...  
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1970Moparmann

Unfortunately this car is shot.   Your talking about $5k in metal alone is needed (no labor).   I have about $3k in metal alone in my car with buying the doors and hood off of some great members on this site. :2thumbs:   Rear quarters, floors, rocker panels, front valance.....  The car above needs a hell of a lot more.   

Keep looking!!!!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

photon

Not much metal left to scrap on the old thing, :shruggy:  I have always been curious about that bracket as well.  Thanks for everyones opinions.  I also want to thank Dans 68 for posting up the pics.

rrob

You might get a decent buck for the tags/title on e-bay from someone with a good body
69 charger, 440, automatic

bill440rt

Perfect candidate as an organ donor.  :yesnod:

Please DON'T scrap it!! From the looks of it, there's still LOTS of usable parts on it: rails, fender aprons, cowl, bumper brackets, console brackets/trans tunnel, firewall, etc etc.
I'd much rather see it fall victim to Mr. Sawzall than Mrs. Crusher any day. At least it will go on to preserve others in need.

:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dans 68

Quote from: rrob on April 25, 2011, 07:39:49 PM
You might get a decent buck for the tags/title on e-bay from someone with a good body

I hope you are just stirring the pot a bit...re-bodies are not just a :badidea:, but they are contrary to the law. Better to just keep the tags as a souvenir.

Dan

bakerhillpins

Yikes...

Id say the only thing its got going for it is the fact that its an AA1 silver car. Other than that Im hard pressed to even value the metal on it with so much available from AMD.

Quote from: rt green on April 24, 2011, 11:20:07 AM
what is that bracket on the inner fender?

Maybe someone was trying to add a shock tower?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Roger 68 charger

Quote from: bill440rt on April 25, 2011, 07:55:12 PM
Perfect candidate as an organ donor.  :yesnod:

Please DON'T scrap it!! From the looks of it, there's still LOTS of usable parts on it: rails, fender aprons, cowl, bumper brackets, console brackets/trans tunnel, firewall, etc etc.
I'd much rather see it fall victim to Mr. Sawzall than Mrs. Crusher any day. At least it will go on to preserve others in need.

:Twocents:
:iagree:
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

ralley72

Whats the story on the black 73 Roadrunner? Any more pictures of it?

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

DAY CLONA

Nothing worth while left on that carcass, other than the tags for a clean roller to start a fresh build,.......$300-$500 tops for the tags/vin/title

freddyd02

You'd need the patience of a saint and Donald Trumps wallet to try and restore that..  :buff:

rrob

Quote from: Dans 68 on April 25, 2011, 08:00:35 PM
Quote from: rrob on April 25, 2011, 07:39:49 PM

I hope you are just stirring the pot a bit...re-bodies are not just a :badidea:, but they are contrary to the law. Better to just keep the tags as a souvenir.

Dan
Maybe just a little ;D
69 charger, 440, automatic

tan top

with all the repop AmD stuff  , deffo fixable  :yesnod:   , if i was 20 years younger  , would take that on !  although my labour time is free  :yesnod: , once its all blasted /or dipped , & rotten metal cut out !  & cleaned up ,not difficult , just time consuming  to do a factory appearing job  :yesnod:    :Twocents: although would not expect to pay a great deal for it  !!
comon sence says let it go to the great junk yard in the sky !!  but 20 years time  !!  we'll prolly regret scrapping them  :Twocents:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

I could use the front center bumper bracket that's on it as mine is missing  :yesnod:

Aero426

You would have to pay me to haul it away.   But it's probably worth the numbers quoted above.