News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you think that the Federal government will shut down?

Started by Richard Cranium, April 08, 2011, 03:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Cranium

If it does, will anyone notice?

Will anyone care?  :smilielol:
I am Dr. Remulac

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

68X426

Every other experiment is a cluster f**k, so let's experiment with just shutting it all down for awhile. :icon_smile_cool:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

last426

Quote from: Richard Cranium on April 08, 2011, 03:51:42 PM
Will anyone care?

If it shuts down, Obama wins the next election.  I was a federal worker when Gingrich shut the gov down in the mid 90s -- right after the Republicans had swept into office.  That added to the Clinton win.   Think of it.  The Pres is head of the executive branch.  Executive branch is all the Agencies.  The Agencies are what shut down.  Who you think they will be blaming when people can't get services? Voila. Kim

NHCharger

What really pisses me off is our military personnel who are fighting overseas and putting their life on the line won't get paid. Congress has an exception in the rules and they and the pres still get their pay.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

PocketThunder

Quote from: NHCharger on April 08, 2011, 04:59:29 PM
What really pisses me off is our military personnel who are fighting overseas and putting their life on the line won't get paid. Congress has an exception in the rules and they and the pres still get their pay.
They will still get paid.  it might be delayed but they will get every penny of back pay.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RallyeMike

Ya, I can just see the Sarge telling his guys stationed in remote Afgany: "Take a week off unpaid boys. Enjoy yourselves".
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Tilar

Quote from: last426 on April 08, 2011, 04:33:47 PM
Quote from: Richard Cranium on April 08, 2011, 03:51:42 PM
Will anyone care?

If it shuts down, Obama wins the next election. 

I'm not convinced of that. The republicans are only wanting another $16 billion in reductions and the dems don't want to give in to it. To put this into perspective, It's like dropping $1.60 from your $145.00 weekly food budget. Now tell me who is going to end up looking like the fools here?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Silver R/T

Government has shut down LONG time ago, just nobody noticed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mike DC

They might shut down, might not.  I doubt it will make a serious dent in the next election one way or another. 

greenpigs

What about Federal prisons?

They could gas the extra nasty ones then they wouldn't need so many guards.
:Twocents:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Tilar

Dave  

adauto

Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

tricky lugnuts

"If it shuts down, Obama wins the next election.  I was a federal worker when Gingrich shut the gov down in the mid 90s -- right after the Republicans had swept into office.  That added to the Clinton win.   Think of it.  The Pres is head of the executive branch.  Executive branch is all the Agencies.  The Agencies are what shut down.  Who you think they will be blaming when people can't get services? Voila. Kim"

At the risk of making this political, maybe Obama should have proposed and pushed for a FY 2011 budget back when Democrats had control of both the House and Senate?

Just an idea.

I'm not saying Obama's not going to win re-election, but the whole reason this crap is going on right now is because no one took a break from health care, Dodd-Frank or all the other awesome stuff going on last year long enough to pass a budget for the fiscal year we're currently in . . .

They didn't do it because who wants to pass a budget with a projected $1.65 trillion deficit a couple months before November, when you're already projected to lose control of the House, possibly the Senate.

Hence, now the need for a budget to get us through the rest of this fiscal year through Sept. 30.

Alaskan_TA

If none of the politicians are getting a paycheck, maybe they will all fade away?  :scratchchin:

Well, we can hope............  :icon_smile_big:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on April 08, 2011, 09:35:00 PM
If none of the politicians are getting a paycheck, maybe they will all fade away?  :scratchchin:

Well, we can hope............  :icon_smile_big:

I dont think any politicians are living check to check, hence they could care less if they are getting paid, at thier level its all about the power.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Patronus

You just wait, we'll all shut it down one day, together.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Tilar

Dave  

TruckDriver

I read that now they passed a deal, it opens the way for the repeal of Obama care :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Tilar

And if that doesn't work I think Trump is working on another option that could do that same thing.
Dave  

adauto

We had an article in our paper today (probly off the wire) about the weakening dollar and the possible non-payment of our debt. Now thats some scary $hit!   
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

TK73

Just wondering how many of the extremist anti-government members have ever used Federal government assistance:

Unemployment?

Parents on medicare and their gov't pension?

Used an Interstate Highway?

Post office?

Disability benefits?

Student loans?

Be sure to speak up now...

PS: Idaho still has a few empty mountaintops available for those who want to go be "independent".  Watch out for the Nazis though they are really mean and stupid.

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!