News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lambert airport destroyed last night....

Started by b5blue, April 23, 2011, 08:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Well my son and his High School Robotics team were due to fly into St. L. Lambert Airport this Wed for World Competition after winning Fl. state finals. Just last night I was telling him I've been watching the weather in that area and knew it was troublesome. They have worked hard to raise money and organize this trip and now it's a mess. They had reservations to stay at the Airport's Hotel (to save money) so even lodgings may be messed up...... :rotz: This will effect 100's of kids with their hearts set on competition from all over the world.

bobs66440

That is a disappointment. Hopefully they will reschedule?

Tell him I said congrats so far though! That's really exciting!  :2thumbs:

41husk

The tornado destroyed several houses less than two blocks from my home
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TruckDriver

At least you guys are okay. That's the most important thing :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bobs66440

Quote from: TruckDriver on April 23, 2011, 01:50:20 PM
At least you guys are okay. That's the most important thing :yesnod:
Yes, reading the news report, many people escaped a potential disaster.

b5blue

Initial feed back is now "cautiously optimistic" that at least partial airport operations will resume soon, no reports of major damage to hotel. Thanks for the well wishes, the team has worked so hard for this.   :2thumbs:   

vancamp

that area has been hit with storms several times in the past few days and more likely over the next week

b5blue

That is my deepest concern for them, any conversion between warm and cold fronts is trouble in the air and on the ground.  :scratchchin: 

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bordin34

Was it for FIRST Robotics? I did that for all four of my years in high school and still follow it. Hopefully everything gets worked out for you guys.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Roger 68 charger

I seen the video on the news last nite---stuff flying everywhere   :o
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

b5blue

Yes FIRST robotics, Southwest Airlines donated seats and Raytheon is their team sponsor. At first it looked like each kid would require no less than 8-900.00 to go but they gave demonstrations, did car washes ect. and local civic clubs and businesses chipped in. That got it down to 75.00 per kid and pocket money for a trip from Wed. to Sun. night.   :2thumbs: It's been a wonderful experience for all. Neal