News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Jesse thread"

Started by TK73, January 07, 2006, 01:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

Is there some reason that "Jessie from dodge-charger.com   « 1 2 3  All »" is still up there??

It's not making sence to me to "sticky" that thread and not the pictures of our Chargers thread...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

ChargerBill

Even though it does serve a purpose...I'm beginning to see it as an eyesore too. :yesnod:
Life is a highway...

5.9_Liter_Grand_Cherokee

I don't know which is scarier.  Bill and TK agreeing on something, or the fact that I agree too. 

Let the Jesse thread sink to the bottom like the Arizona.  It's there, we know it's there and when we need a reminder, we can go to it and comtemplate our actions.  I think that there are other threads that deserve that space now.  The pictures thread being one. 
Formerly chargerdaytona477

bull

You know as soon as it's deleted someone will ask, "Whatever happened to Jesse?" or "whatever happened with the T-shirts?" or "what happened to the old site?" etc.

THE CHARGER PUNK

yea wtf is it on top 4? no ones replied to it since troy in august. i thought if no one replies it just sinks and dissapers into oblivion?-MATT :icon_smile_big:

bull

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on January 07, 2006, 04:25:17 AM
yea wtf is it on top 4? no ones replied to it since troy in august. i thought if no one replies it just sinks and dissapers into oblivion?-MATT :icon_smile_big:

Well yea, unless it's locked and stickied.

greenpigs

It should be unlocked, if it is important it will stay on the main page, and if not then it can DIE!
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Rocky

Well, he did start the first dodge-charger.com.

Many people have been brought together by the old site, and even though he may have fallen on some hard times, he deserves recognition for the large online community that he created.  I don't see the post as an eyesore, but a reminder of the first gen charger message board.  Some will always admire the bold design of the first incarnation, and always remember that as the finest hour for the Dodge-Charger message board, but they are forgetting the hard work and creativity that makes the second gen board as sleek and beautiful creature of its own brilliance and beauty that many will cherish for generations to come.  Any further semblance might only strive to match its beauty, but there will only be One.  Those that were integral to the original creation should only strive to seek such an unmatched Original.

Chris G.

The thread has a lock on it, which means Troy posted back in August and then proceeded to lock it and add a sticky to it, which is why it remains on top.

I could care less if it's up top or it disappears. I think EVERY member here knows what happened, and if a post is started about it again, it should just be deleted.   :Twocents:

NHCharger

I think Troy got tired of constantly answering the repeat questions about where's Jesse, where's my tee shirts, where's my bumper stickers, where's my money. Probably also got tired of refereeing the bickering that went on between some members about the whole deal. Since that thread was locked and stickied there really hasn't been any threads relating to that.
Maybe Troy should just put a disclaimer at the top stating that this is his site and any threads about Jesse or the problems related to the old D-C board will be deleted.
I personally don't mind it being up there and it is an enlightening read for all the newbies. It shows the newbies that we have been together for a number of years, that we have three level headed responsible people running the board, have weathered some tough times, and plan on being around for a long time.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TK73

Quote from: chargerless4now on January 07, 2006, 03:20:01 AM

Bill and TK agreeing on something, or the fact that I agree too. 

Sometimes... it seems we are more like in a state of a DC.com cold war.  You know the Commies and the Patriots.  Initially we had a few wars ("police actions"), then some border skirmishes and now we just fire across the DMZ to get a rise out of each other.   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

It would appear that O_C is the next emerging superpower, building political authority and firepower to test the limits of an established and well-armed sovereign state that has no fear of bringing out the big guns when it feels it is threatened.

Troy

Quote from: TK73 on January 07, 2006, 01:40:34 AM
It's not making sence to me to "sticky" that thread and not the pictures of our Chargers thread...
That may make more sense soon (of course, it may NOT make any more sense but something is changing so I can hope at least).

Quote from: bull on January 07, 2006, 03:41:04 AM
You know as soon as it's deleted someone will ask, "Whatever happened to Jesse?" or "whatever happened with the T-shirts?" or "what happened to the old site?" etc.
Exactly. I was getting 5-10 PMs per day and tracking down runaway posts way too much. Life has been much easier with that thread up there.

It's there because I put it there. Magic keeps it from disappearing. :D

Quote from: Rocky on January 07, 2006, 07:41:41 AM
Well, he did start the first dodge-charger.com.

Many people have been brought together by the old site, and even though he may have fallen on some hard times, he deserves recognition for the large online community that he created.  I don't see the post as an eyesore, but a reminder of the first gen charger message board.  Some will always admire the bold design of the first incarnation, and always remember that as the finest hour for the Dodge-Charger message board, but they are forgetting the hard work and creativity that makes the second gen board as sleek and beautiful creature of its own brilliance and beauty that many will cherish for generations to come.  Any further semblance might only strive to match its beauty, but there will only be One.  Those that were integral to the original creation should only strive to seek such an unmatched Original.
Thank you. That was very well put.

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on January 07, 2006, 07:53:02 AM
I could care less if it's up top or it disappears. I think EVERY member here knows what happened, and if a post is started about it again, it should just be deleted.  :Twocents:
Deleting something without explanation only causes people to start new threads like "what happened to my thread" and then I have to track all those down too. With this thread I at least have something to point them to that offers an explantion without me having to write it all out. I actually have better things that I'd like to do. I know - it's hard to believe. :P

Quote from: NHCharger on January 07, 2006, 09:54:57 AM
I think Troy got tired of constantly answering the repeat questions about where's Jesse, where's my tee shirts, where's my bumper stickers, where's my money. Probably also got tired of refereeing the bickering that went on between some members about the whole deal. Since that thread was locked and stickied there really hasn't been any threads relating to that.
Maybe Troy should just put a disclaimer at the top stating that this is his site and any threads about Jesse or the problems related to the old D-C board will be deleted.
I personally don't mind it being up there and it is an enlightening read for all the newbies. It shows the newbies that we have been together for a number of years, that we have three level headed responsible people running the board, have weathered some tough times, and plan on being around for a long time.
Yep, as I said above, it was almost a full time job dealing with all the threads, PMs, complaints, and insults. It was dragging me down but i haven't had to deal with it for 5 months (until now). Pretty soon I'm going to need so many disclaimers that it will take someone 3 hours just to get through it all. However, 99% of people wouldn't bother to read the disclaimer (same with most everything on the internet so it's not just the members here). There are still new members finding the site that were a part of the old one and I'm sure they have questions as to what happened.

I know it doesn't do much for people who have seen it up there for the last several months but there are 1,500+ other members who may not have known the whole story.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TK73

Quote from: Troy on January 07, 2006, 11:03:56 AM
Is there some reason that "Jessie from dodge-charger.com   « 1 2 3  All »" is still up there??

That may make more sense soon (of course, it may NOT make any more sense but something is changing so I can hope at least).

Troy

Would you "sticky" the pics of our Chargers thread somewhere?

Troy

Quote from: TK73 on January 07, 2006, 11:09:47 AM
Quote from: Troy on January 07, 2006, 11:03:56 AM
Is there some reason that "Jessie from dodge-charger.com  « 1 2 3 All »" is still up there??

Troy

Would you "sticky" the pics of our Chargers thread somewhere?
Maybe, wait until tomorrow.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: TK73 on January 07, 2006, 10:53:25 AM

It would appear that O_C is the next emerging superpower, building political authority and firepower to test the limits of an established and well-armed sovereign state that has no fear of bringing out the big guns when it feels it is threatened.
Careful, a swollen head could impede the next time he shaves his nether reigion... :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

NHCharger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 07, 2006, 11:59:01 AM

Careful, a swollen head could impede the next time he shaves his nether reigion... :D

Uhh CF, why are you so interested in OC's nether region :icon_smile_big:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Charger_Fan

Quote from: NHCharger on January 07, 2006, 12:16:32 PM

To be honest, I'm not that interested...he just keeps telling us about his nether region. :sick:
So, like a big sponge, I click on the thread. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 07, 2006, 12:19:30 PM
Quote from: NHCharger on January 07, 2006, 12:16:32 PM

To be honest, I'm not that interested...he just keeps telling us about his nether region. :sick:
So, like a big sponge, I click on the thread. :lol:

Suck it up, private! :nana:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Silver R/T

Quote from: bull on January 07, 2006, 03:41:04 AM

yup thats the reason
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerBill

Quote from: chargerless4now on January 07, 2006, 03:20:01 AM

Bill and TK agreeing on something, or the fact that I agree too.  

Sometimes... it seems we are more like in a state of a DC.com cold war.   You know the Commies and the Patriots.   Initially we had a few wars ("police actions"), then some border skirmishes and now we just fire across the DMZ to get a rise out of each other.     :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

You need to write screenplays... :icon_smile_big:

Naaa, I won't waste my time initiating anything, as I've already shown, I won't back down, but I'll only defend myself when the need arises. For the most part it's not worth my time or effort...
Life is a highway...

TK73

Quote from: ChargerBill on January 07, 2006, 07:11:22 PM

Nah, don't want to be labeled as one of them Hollywood liberal gay-lovin' secular-progressive commie pinko fags...  :icon_smile_big:

ChargerBill

Quote from: TK73 on January 07, 2006, 07:47:47 PM

Nah, don't want to be labeled as one of them Hollywood liberal gay-lovin' secular-progressive commie pinko fags...   :icon_smile_big:

:haha: Who you kidding?...Yes you do.... :D
Life is a highway...

TK73

Quote from: ChargerBill on January 07, 2006, 07:55:09 PM

Nah, don't want to be labeled as one of them Hollywood liberal gay-lovin' secular-progressive commie pinko fags...  :icon_smile_big:

OK, how about just a "liberal gay-lovin' secular-progressive commie pinko fag".  Don't want to go to Hollywood, there are some WIERDOS there...

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: TK73 on January 07, 2006, 07:59:42 PM
Quote from: ChargerBill on January 07, 2006, 07:55:09 PM

Nah, don't want to be labeled as one of them Hollywood liberal gay-lovin' secular-progressive commie pinko fags...   :icon_smile_big:

OK, how about just a "liberal gay-lovin' secular-progressive commie pinko fag".   Don't want to go to Hollywood, there are some WIERDOS there...

Like this guy?

:D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TK73