News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What the Yeah??? There's something wrong with my family.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, April 21, 2011, 05:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

So my daughter says to me, can you take me to this CheerLeading gym up the road?
I say, sure I'll take the charger for a ride.
(Daughter)  Mom!  He's gonna take the Charger!
(Mom) Rob, it's a new gym you can't take the Charger there, they hate Marissa's team.
(Me) So what?  As long as I can park it in a safe place while I walk her in?
(Daughter) Mom!
(Mom) Forget it I'll take her.
:icon_bs: :smilie_help: :coocoo:

I told you my family has no interest in my Charger but I didn't think it was this bad.  :P
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

doctor4766

Wow, sounds like when I offered to drop my girls off at high school in the Charger.
They were like "No way Dad!"

Couple years later and now they want to drive it  :shruggy:

Fat chance
Gotta love a '69

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

GunMetal

The're looking out for your best intrest. Some yahoo with a key might think they could get back at your daughter.
   I hate people like that! :RantExplode:
Non illegitimis carborundum

G-man

Whats wrong with going in the charger? My cousins cant wait for me to come and pick them up from school in that big beast, just so all their mates see what real cars are lol. Its an honor to come somewhere in one of them... whats ur kids deal?  That doesnt make ANY sense

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: G-man on April 21, 2011, 06:39:28 PM
Whats wrong with going in the charger? My cousins cant wait for me to come and pick them up from school in that big beast, just so all their mates see what real cars are lol. Its an honor to come somewhere in one of them... whats ur kids deal?  That doesn't make ANY sense
They always ask me not to drive it with them.  I think it has to do with the attention.  They don't want it.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 21, 2011, 07:17:17 PM
Welcome to the club.... :rotz:
Really, your kids feel the same way?  To be fair they felt the same about the vette.  Only difference is they think the Charger is ugly and hate the color.  :brickwall:

I miss thatcar.  Love the Charger, but come on?   :coolgleamA:

472 R/T SE

My daughter's the same way.  She absolutely hates it when I pick her up in one of the hot rods, so much so that she slouches completely down in the seat so no one sees her.   ::)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yup the girls hate the Charger...too loud & smelly

Bought another Mustang 'vert last year thinking they might "like" this one better....nope messes up their hair & its too loud...eldest will be 16 this year & youngest will be 13
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Charger-Bodie

Everone in my house begs for a ride in any of my cars!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 21, 2011, 06:49:46 PM
They always ask me not to drive it with them...

If I EVEN think about taking the Daytona out for a spin and my 4-year old Julie notices I'm leaving, she freaks and comes out screaming and crying that she wants to go !!!  

That's my girl  :drive:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ChgrSteve67

Most of my family has always hated my Charger and for 20+ years asked me when I was going to get rid of it.

My wife has been a real trooper about it and has put up with a lot for the last 12 years. Only within the last few years has she enjoyed riding in the Charger (Installing AC and rebuilding her seat helped). Most of my family still dosen't care for the car and really don't care if they do or don't.

I enjoy the ride and thats all that counts.  I'm looking forward to spending 6,000 miles in Big Red cruising Route 66 in June this year.

-Steve

bull

I'd tell them that if they wanna play it like that I'm going to go out and find the oldest and ugliest POS $500 can buy and pick them up every day for the rest of the school year in it. And when I'm not hauling your whiney a$$ around I'm going to put it on display in the driveway for everyone to see. Instead of looking and giving us the thumbs up they'll be pointing and laughing.

So which is it going to be? The Charger, or this?

jimcoronet

Hi,

My 15 year old daughter hates being driven anywhere in the '66. As someone else posted "too loud and smelly".
The funny thing is most of her friends think it is "way cool".
In all honesty I do have to turn the engine off at the drive through if I want to be understood. Her tiwn brother is chomping at the bit to get his drivers license so he can drive "the beast".
In the words of Jed Clampett: Someday I'll have to have a long talk with that boy!
My wife loves me so much she keeps her opinon to herself!!!

TUFCAT

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 22, 2011, 10:23:29 AM
:o BEAUTIFUL VETTE!!!   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Yeah, it was good to me.  Problem free but the previous owner put a lot of money into it before me.  :icon_smile_big:
I loved that car, and loved driving it.  Thing is I'm not a vette guy.  I'm a Muscle car guy and nothing say's MUSCLE CAR louder than the 2nd gen Charger.

69 OUR/TEA

Can't beleive you sold a 454 vette convertable for a Charger.

1BAD68

My daughter gets excited when I show up at school with my Charger buts thats only because she hates being seen in my work van.

moparstuart

my kids love riding in the muscle cars , the wife now she could careless
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on April 22, 2011, 10:28:03 AM
Can't believe you sold a 454 vette convertable for a Charger.
454 4spd, leather pw a/c.  Yep, everyone that knew that, told me I was crazy, even a Mopar guy.  I miss the vette but no regrets because as I stated, it wasn't my soul mate like the Charger is.
Only vette guys waved to me, now every classic car does.
Another point is I could never afford to buy a 69 Charger as long as I had the vette, so the vette had to go because I was looking forward to my dream car.

GunMetal

Beautiful '72 Vette!  My '70 is still in the garage, not near as nice shape as yours though. My '73 Charger is my daily and I grin every time I get in. My Grandkids always want me to go fast or "burn 'em"......good kids. :D
Non illegitimis carborundum

triple_green

My son took the Charger to his Prom.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Blakcharger440

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 22, 2011, 10:27:53 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on April 22, 2011, 10:23:29 AM
:o BEAUTIFUL VETTE!!!   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Yeah, it was good to me.  Problem free but the previous owner put a lot of money into it before me.  :icon_smile_big:
I loved that car, and loved driving it.  Thing is I'm not a vette guy.  I'm a Muscle car guy and nothing say's MUSCLE CAR louder than the 2nd gen Charger.

That was a nice Vette. My younger brother owns a 1968 Corvette 427 convertible that he is restoring.

Zentelis

If my kid is ever embarrassed by my Charger, I'll have to have a talk with my wife..because that kid clearly isn't mine  :icon_smile_big:

charge69

Used to go tear-azzin' all over the Hill Country and SE Texas with a good buddies' 1972 green w/tan leather interior 454 convertible 'vette and had a ball! Yes, this was in 1974 and he traded a 1969 427/435 tri-power vette in to get it!! That vette (the 1969) was an animal and could beat just about anything on the streets back then. We had a ball in what appears now to be a "previous" life, it was so long ago! Those things were not cheap then by the standards of the time but, man,  what a good time we had and vettes are outrageous now, price wise and otherwise!

I love your Charger and cannot understand why the kids would be embarrassed to be seen in it but,  then again ,  I am too old to understand the kids of today anyway. Believe me, they will change their mind soon enough. The wife, well, that is another story as mine just cannot see the beauty in mine either!

69rtse4spd

I f they do not like the Charger, then tell them you will get an " Uncle Buck " car, to drive them around in.  :smilielol:.

ChgrSteve67