News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger 727 883 swap

Started by Moparbob, April 20, 2011, 07:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparbob

Hi,

I have a tranny and bell housing (4 speed) and I want to put it in my 73 Ralyee car that was a 727. I dont have to change the hump do I? Should bolt right in no?

Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

twinscrew698

You will have to modify the hump for a manual conversion!
Also make sure you have pedals and rods that will fit that year! I heard the clutch pedal assy is hard to find for the 73-74 years!

Moparbob

Quote from: twinscrew698 on April 21, 2011, 06:31:29 AM
You will have to modify the hump for a manual conversion!
Also make sure you have pedals and rods that will fit that year! I heard the clutch pedal assy is hard to find for the 73-74 years!

Why? The Linkage wont clear? ?  How much modifacation?
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

John_Kunkel

The welded in hump is needed to clear the shifter mechanism, the humps are available for the specific year needed.

Be aware that when fitting a different bellhousing to a block it needs to be dialed in, omitting this can cause all kinds of problems.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Moparbob

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 21, 2011, 06:16:51 PM

The welded in hump is needed to clear the shifter mechanism, the humps are available for the specific year needed.

Be aware that when fitting a different bellhousing to a block it needs to be dialed in, omitting this can cause all kinds of problems.

Dialed in??
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.