News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tight wad stories

Started by Silver R/T, April 20, 2011, 10:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

This tight wad Bull didnt want to spend the extra cash on shipping for his crank pulley spacer so had some schmuck volunteer to add it onto his order, and now he gets to go a whole year without paying because i told him i just want a calendar for next year.

:rofl:

Just messing with ya, the spacer should be here next week bud...funny its going from the west coast ALL the way east, only to be shipped back west  :shruggy:  :nana:

Tilar

Quote from: bull on April 21, 2011, 04:38:27 PM
My brother and mother are hopeless tightwads who learned from the King of Tightwads; my father. My dad was notorious for spending a dollar to save a dime. Here's a short list of some of the larger items my dad cheaped out on:

1. Refused to buy a fifth wheel travel trailer so he converted a hitch-drawn Terry into a fifth wheel. It looked stupid and cost more than if he'd have just purchased a nice used fifth wheel built by professionals.
2. Refused to sell a 4x4 IH Travelall for the money to buy a pickup to use on the farm. Instead he bought a used 2wd IH pickup cab, swapped the cab onto the Travelall 4x4 frame and then built a flat bed.
3. Refused to buy a pickup designed to tow the previously-mentioned homemade fifth wheel travel trailer so he purchased a Detroit Diesel drivetrain out of a mobile home hauler and shoe-horned it into a 2wd 1976 Ford Ranger. Cost way more than anything Ford, Chevy or Dodge routinely built for doing the same job. It also didn't fit so he hacked the firewall, core support and grill.
4. Would always mooch off a family friend who owned a machine shop having him rebuild transmissions, fabricate hitches and machine little bits and pieces that cost next to nothing to buy at a parts store.
5. Purchased countless used appliances that would rarely last more than about 6-8 months. You can own a pretty nice washing machine that will last 10-15 years for the cost of 4-5 crappy used ones.

Sounds like my first wifes Dad. I thought the world of the guy but he would spend a dollar to save a dime. He took a 73 Dodge Dart and converted it to a 3 speed standard because someone told him that he would get up to a mile more a gallon fuel economy than with the automatic.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.