News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Random rare '69 RT/SE pics

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, April 20, 2011, 01:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on November 04, 2011, 09:09:15 AM
I have seen the photos of this blk & tan sunroof car before, quite an odd car compared to green, gold, red, bronze, etc.  Guess I did not know the originality of the car is great and refreshing to look at for sure, very cool.   Love sunroof RTSEs.  What is funny I ended up with daily driver with a sunroof and learned I do not care that much about that option anymore and have no business with a convertible or a bike apparently.  Some years ago, almost bought that R4 sunroof RTSE up north (late 1990s, nice car) and after that the F6 RTSE sunroof green int builder (ten yrs ago or so, think car is in TX now).  They do exist, but not that many sun roof RTSE for sure.  I guess to stay in the thread topic of rare RTSE, I could post my beater again which is fairly rare being a triple black RTSE w/ PW, cruz, FM, six way even rough is not that common.  Not sure I can recall more then 15-20 real triple black RTSE over these years.  Bought my first RTSE out of Utah in 1987 (car from Calif, still have), everyone has different cars/options they dig...does not get much better then a rare RTSE for me  :2thumbs:(ok, 500s too).

And you leave it outside ??????

69 OUR/TEA

I have seen the photos of this blk & tan sunroof car before, quite an odd car compared to green, gold, red, bronze, etc.  Guess I did not know the originality of the car is great and refreshing to look at for sure, very cool.   Love sunroof RTSEs.  What is funny I ended up with daily driver with a sunroof and learned I do not care that much about that option anymore and have no business with a convertible or a bike apparently.  Some years ago, almost bought that R4 sunroof RTSE up north (late 1990s, nice car) and after that the F6 RTSE sunroof green int builder (ten yrs ago or so, think car is in TX now).  They do exist, but not that many sun roof RTSE for sure.  I guess to stay in the thread topic of rare RTSE, I could post my beater again which is fairly rare being a triple black RTSE w/ PW, cruz, FM, six way even rough is not that common.  Not sure I can recall more then 15-20 real triple black RTSE over these years.  Bought my first RTSE out of Utah in 1987 (car from Calif, still have), everyone has different cars/options they dig...does not get much better then a rare RTSE for me  :2thumbs:(ok, 500s too).

Real triple black R/T SE's are'nt that rare,there's 2 in just in my town !!!!!!  :lol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on November 04, 2011, 09:24:07 AM

And you leave it outside ??????

Jason... Time to explain yourself......  :smilielol:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

XS29LA47V21

Two in one town, more likely big City you are in or the Ohio/lakes region with mass mopar guys, not that many in areas of country I lived, but some areas do seem to have more colors than other sorta.  IE seems to be more F6 cars out NW OR/WA area, maybe I am wrong ;D   

Priority's of kids to bed won out that night after local cruz (w/kids), OK fine, get it out of me.......yes I felt guilty seeing the dew in the morning on my roof (most wound not, it is kinda crusty).  Besides ended up being a cool photo op in the early morning.  Mine is column shift originally then cut into 4spd, I put back on column....... at least I have a buddy seat and so does my blue 4spd car...  :nana:  handy for arm and kids to sit on (at times). :lol:  Cool odd car you got there for sure, I dig it.

So how about some other photos of rare RTSE? 

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on November 04, 2011, 10:26:04 AM
Two in one town, more likely big City you are in or the Ohio/lakes region with mass mopar guys, not that many in areas of country I lived, but some areas do seem to have more colors than other sorta.  IE seems to be more F6 cars out NW OR/WA area, maybe I am wrong ;D   

Priority's of kids to bed won out that night after local cruz (w/kids), OK fine, get it out of me.......yes I felt guilty seeing the dew in the morning on my roof (most wound not, it is kinda crusty).  Besides ended up being a cool photo op in the early morning.  Mine is column shift originally then cut into 4spd, I put back on column....... at least I have a buddy seat and so does my blue 4spd car...  :nana:  handy for arm and kids to sit on (at times). :lol:  Cool odd car you got there for sure, I dig it.

So how about some other photos of rare RTSE? 

Oh,you mean like this.....  ;D

I live in rather a small town,just that 2 die hard 3x9 Charger guys live here. :2thumbs: We both wanted reg 3x9 R/T's but instead ended up with 3x9 R/T SE's,mine being the auto on the column,the other is a 4speed,dana car,member here RTSE.Both stripe delete also.

XS29LA47V21

:cheers:  :popcrn: man that sure is pretty in there w/ PW and sill molding are nice options too.   I loved the PW option, a little hassled getting working reliably).    You noted the other 3X9 local to you as a 4spd on an RTSE is quite rare also (as you know), is there forum photos of that car or would he mind posting photos of his car?

69 OUR/TEA

Here is better than that for you,the thread I made when I did the paint/body resto for him.Enjoy.....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60154.msg671032/topicseen.html#msg671032

resq302

why is it that the majority of SE cars came with the cruise control?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: resq302 on November 04, 2011, 01:28:14 PM
why is it that the majority of SE cars came with the cruise control?

Would'nt say the majority,actually think it's pretty rare,more so than most options.Maybe Chris can give some input from how many he has in his reg listed with it.Anyway,an SE is/was leaning toward the luxury side of the car,so you will tend to see more options in the SE models.

resq302

Just that every SE car that I have seen seems to have had the cruise control as well as power windows and power disc brakes.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: resq302 on November 04, 2011, 04:55:14 PM
Just that every SE car that I have seen seems to have had the cruise control as well as power windows and power disc brakes.

Well mine does'nt,and I consider my car fairly loaded with options.Don't think Robs does either.

Vainglory, Esq.

Power disk brakes maybe, but the other two, I would think not.  Not that I have anything but my own experience to back it up.  My car is/was an SE and the only one of those options it has/d was the brakes.  And it was a very heavily optioned car from the factory, with a 1970 list price of some $4900.

I've really only seen a few with cruise and a few more than those with power windows.

68RRFlyer

I've got a 69 RT/SE I'm restoring now with some head scratching options:   Power Windows, AM/FM, Rear Defroster, Tach, Console, Road Wheels, but what it doesn't have is power brakes, 3spd wipers, or A/C.   :scratchchin:  You'd figure that if someone wanted an RT/SE they'd want power brakes and A/C at least?  Weird.  I'll take it though! :2thumbs:  That's kind of the cool thing about these cars.  No matter what you think you know, it's just a matter of time before someone comes along and deflates your "all knowing" balloon with a factory example.  :icon_smile_big:

Cheers :cheers:
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Not me - I have seen dozens upon dozens of SE cars w/ 4 w drums, no cruise, and certainly w/ crank windows.  :Twocents:

tracpack440

Ive got R/T SE with low options. It has 4 wheel manual drum brakes. manual steering , manual ext mirror, No a/c no pw, No tach but it does now. No cruise, no rear defog. It does have a 4spd with console, It is a stripe delete car. It does have the dana 60, The 4spd is a 18 spline.

i would think the guy who ordered this car or just bought it that way was a 1/4 mile or stop light racer would atleast order a tach.  :shruggy:
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

tan top

Quote from: 68RRFlyer on November 04, 2011, 08:05:22 PM
I've got a 69 RT/SE I'm restoring now with some head scratching options:   Power Windows, AM/FM, Rear Defroster, Tach, Console, Road Wheels, but what it doesn't have is power brakes, 3spd wipers, or A/C.   :scratchchin:  You'd figure that if someone wanted an RT/SE they'd want power brakes and A/C at least?  Weird.  I'll take it though! :2thumbs:  That's kind of the cool thing about these cars.  No matter what you think you know, it's just a matter of time before someone comes along and deflates your "all knowing" balloon with a factory example.  :icon_smile_big:

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs:  whats the color combo ??   got any pictures !! would love to see them as & when  :yesnod: :drool5: :popcrn: :cheers:

Quote from: tracpack440 on November 05, 2011, 02:02:44 AM
Ive got R/T SE with low options. It has 4 wheel manual drum brakes. manual steering , manual ext mirror, No a/c no pw, No tach but it does now. No cruise, no rear defog. It does have a 4spd with console, It is a stripe delete car. It does have the dana 60, The 4spd is a 18 spline.

i would think the guy who ordered this car or just bought it that way was a 1/4 mile or stop light racer would atleast order a tach.  :shruggy:

:o  wow a R/T SE  with less options than mine ! but you got a stick  :yesnod: :coolgleamA: :drive:

its it the silver one in you aviator picture??  :drool5:
is that the original color combo ?
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

68RRFlyer

Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

tan top

Quote from: 68RRFlyer on November 05, 2011, 03:37:57 PM
tantop...B5, white top/stripe, B7 interior.  Pics here:  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3910672/1969-dodge-charger

:2thumbs:

:drool5:  looks like an awesome project you got going on there  :yesnod: :coolgleamA:  thanks for posting the link  :cheers: :cheers:

thats odd that vacuum deal under the dash :yesnod: :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

tracpack440

Quote from: tan top on November 05, 2011, 07:36:16 AM
I've got a 69 RT/SE I'm restoring now with some head scratching options:   Power Windows, AM/FM, Rear Defroster, Tach, Console, Road Wheels, but what it doesn't have is power brakes, 3spd wipers, or A/C.   :scratchchin:  You'd figure that if someone wanted an RT/SE they'd want power brakes and A/C at least?  Weird.  I'll take it though! :2thumbs:  That's kind of the cool thing about these cars.  No matter what you think you know, it's just a matter of time before someone comes along and deflates your "all knowing" balloon with a factory example.  :icon_smile_big:

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs:  whats the color combo ??   got any pictures !! would love to see them as & when  :yesnod: :drool5: :popcrn: :cheers:

Quote from: tracpack440 on November 05, 2011, 02:02:44 AM

i would think the guy who ordered this car or just bought it that way was a 1/4 mile or stop light racer would atleast order a tach.  :shruggy:

:o  wow a R/T SE  with less options than mine ! but you got a stick  :yesnod: :coolgleamA: :drive:

its it the silver one in you aviator picture??  :drool5:
is that the original color combo ?
. No the original color combo is t5 body with tan top and tan interior.  At the time i didnt like the OG color combo so i changed it to silver and black.
Now i kind of like the combo.  I will post some pics of when first bought it. It was hemi orange with cheap black top and floresent orange diamond tuck faded sunburnt interior. Most of the og interior was damaged from the spray glue that they used to adhere the cloth.  
Maybe this is a rare one with triple tan and low options ?

Before and after

tracpack440

tan top

looks awesome silver & black  ,always  loved the look of centerlines on  charger  :drool5:
they sure done a custom job on the interior ! never understood that craze  :eek2:
3X tan  R/T SE  with a 4 speed   :coolgleamA: , the people ordering  these cars back in the day certainly had different / interesting  taste in color & option combos  
shame there are no records from chrysler  on what was made & how optioned  etc etc like the ford mob have !!
bet there was some odd ones !!
thanks for posting the pictures & info , appreciated  :2thumbs:

Charger Stuff 

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Silver really shows off the crisp lines on the Charger  :drool5:

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 06, 2011, 12:06:42 PM
Silver really shows off the crisp lines on the Charger  :drool5:

Indeed I love it! :drool5: :drool5:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Ghoste

Agreed.  It is easily my favorite color on a 2nd gen Charger but on most other cars, not as much.

XS29LA47V21

I've got a 69 RT/SE I'm restoring now with some head scratching options:   Power Windows, AM/FM, Rear Defroster, Tach, Console, Road Wheels, but what it doesn't have is power brakes, 3spd wipers, or A/C.   :scratchchin:  You'd figure that if someone wanted an RT/SE they'd want power brakes and A/C at least?  Weird.  I'll take it though! :2thumbs:  That's kind of the cool thing about these cars.  No matter what you think you know, it's just a matter of time before someone comes along and deflates your "all knowing" balloon with a factory example.  :icon_smile_big:

I am with you on that "all knowing" or think you do, which is part of the excitement of finding and learning about other varying cars.  Regions seem to (obviously) influence them, my life has been central & the south, so a Charger without AC seems actually less common to me and at the same time why would anyone want AC in Canada or New England, OR, WA cars with the nice summers they get to have.   PW, FM, cruz in any Charger over the years to me is not that common, even on SE cars and the AC vs rewindow items seem more of a component of where they sold new.  :Twocents:   

Open ended question here is, what makes an RTSE rare to you?   On RTSEs how about Sunroofs, V21, lugage rack, 4spd non console, ordered odd color combo's or even vinyl top delete cars?  To me it is all about color combo w/ hard loaded or several rare (desireable) options.