News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The high price of being green

Started by Richard Cranium, April 15, 2011, 03:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TX9H6E4CUDA

I wonder if the jeep plow truck was electric too or a evil gas burner. I bet it was the home hacked job that started the fire. I bet we can rule out a gas can fire.
For the best powder coating talk to Larry at JIT Powder Coating. Absolutely amazing service, awesome quality,amazing attention to detail. Give Larry a call at 651-463-4664
Thanks again Larry

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Steve P.

This is just crazy... Bait..... I feel like locking this already.....

1) Do you even remotely think that this is the first ever garage fire?

2) Do you really believe that anyone or everyone that tries to go or think green is some fool that is PAYING THE PRICE??

3) Don't you think maybe you are baiting people the same way the damned news people do for ratings???? 

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    We build the cars WE WANT. You want to label this guys ideas a waste??

This is a waste of site space...  :flame:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Richard Cranium

1. The article leads one to believe that the fire was started by one of the chargers...... " At this early stage, it is impossible to tell if one or the other vehicles was the cause of the blaze – or if it was one of the charging systems or the garage's electrical system – but firemen who responded to the 911 call said that this is one angle that the investigators will look in to." Unless there's faulty or Mickey-Mouse wiring involved, garages generally don't self combust.

2. Going green does cost lots & lots of money which is a fact that cannot be denied. Plus, don't forget the damaging carbon footprint that electtic cars nuclear/coal products leave on this earth. Not to mention that the electricity that comes into the home comes from a power plant that is most likely powered by coal, gas, or nuclear. 

3. It's a news story that (more likely than not) is ironic.

Why this thread would make someone's blood boil is dumbfounding and is it so offensive that it should be locked?  :shruggy:

I am Dr. Remulac

Steve P.

I did not lock it because it is your opinion and not against any rules of this site.

MY opinion is that you like to post things that will bait people whether you want to see it that way or not. The news uses the same headlines as you did for just the same reasons. It's catchy and leading and is always for their ratings. Example: They did this story and lead you to (ELECTRIC CARS). This is something big in technology. A fire in a garage is never reported on the news, but this one was due to the "OMG" ratings.. I feel you posted this in the same way. BIG STORY. BIG NEWS.. It's not. We have plenty of firefighters on this board that can tell you exactly that. In the next several weeks the investigators will have an answer on what caused the fire. Do you think the news will cover the story again? Well only if it was indeed something to do with the cars or charging systems malfunctioning. Will you cover it?

Another reason I don't like your head line is because every new technology is very expensive when first brought out. DVD players were huge money when they first came out. Hundreds of dollars. Now you can buy one at Walmart for 30 bucks. Plasma TV's. The first one I saw was over $7,000.00  and today they are all but giving them away. Computers, the same...

Most cars on the road in the early 1900's were ELECTRIC. They had their problems but could have gone much further until GASOLINE was pushed down everyone's throats. It killed the electric car.

Of course power plants are the biggest source for our electric. BIG MONEY made it this way. Today we are working on solar and wind and a host of other things to produce electrical power. They cost money and big oil and coal do not want it to come to fruition. WHY, because that will cut their throat. The first cell phone companies were private. Today they are mostly owned and operated by big phone companies. Why, because they were losing home phone customers. They saw a large market and if they did not buy them up they would be out of business for the most part. The same will go for power companies. Once someone proves a solar system's worth you will see power companies using their vast land areas to suck in free power. Some are already doing this and installing wind turbines as well. Other countries are many steps ahead of us on this.

So my feeling toward your post is because it is more bait without one leg to stand on. The same OMG tactics to bait people to look at their UN NEWSWORTHY crap. 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Richard Cranium

Please don't shoot the messenger, but perhaps the Chevy Volt could under consideration as the car of choice for terrorists.   :eek2: :lol:

General Motors Scheduled To Investigate Chevrolet Volt's Role in Fire At Barkhamsted Home.

A fire apparently reignited inside the battery of a new Chevrolet Volt car early Monday, less than five days after the Volt, an electric hybrid, was involved in a blaze that destroyed a Barkhamsted garage where it had been plugged in for recharging.

Local authorities have been investigating whether Thursday's blaze was sparked by the Volt, but had not yet determined a cause when the fire rekindled.

"The rekindle this morning really adds to the mystery," Barkhamsted Fire Marshal Bill Baldwin said today.

Representatives from General Motors, the vehicle's manufacturer plan, are scheduled to arrive in Barkhamsted this evening to examine the car, Baldwin said.

The hybrid electric car was not plugged in this morning when the fire rekindled, Baldwin said.

The first fire, which occurred last Thursday about 5 a.m., destroyed the attached garage, the Chevrolet Volt and a Suzuki vehicle that had been converted so that it too ran on electricity. The homeowners had apparently plugged both vehicles in for recharging when Thursday's fire broke out.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-hybrid-car-possible-fire-20110418,0,94353.story

I am Dr. Remulac

Steve P.

(Please don't shoot the messenger, but perhaps the Chevy Volt could under consideration as the car of choice for terrorists.)

Was this also a quote from the news?? Or are you both the messenger and the author?
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

why didn't this just go on the Chevy Volt thread?..  :shruggy:

TK73

Never been any fuel or welding fires with the hot rodders I'm sure   :fireangry:

Much higher price being a red stater     :silly:

As far as the messenger, maybe just cut the tongue out  :hack:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

mikesbbody

Why lock it? I thought it was interesting talk about overreacting   ::)