News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Member/New Charger.

Started by MoparDavid, March 15, 2011, 12:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

GREEEAT CAR, ;D

IMHO to keep it as is... :)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

MoparDavid

Quote from: greenpigs on March 15, 2011, 08:31:52 PM
Other than the mods you mentioned any other plans?

Welcome as well.

Hi Greenpigs.  Yes I would like to do a mild .030 rebuild with flat tops, cam, clean up the heads, a stall, and dana.
Quote from: vancamp on March 16, 2011, 05:27:22 AM
Quote from: MoparDavid on March 15, 2011, 07:07:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.  I am soooo stoked about this car.  Actually '69's are my all time fav, but I could not pass this one up.  Looking real forward to making it the way I want it.  Yes I will post more pics for sure.  Been surfing through the threads here and damn there are some nice rides, and alot of good info here.  Brava to you all!

Quote from: 41husk on March 15, 2011, 01:55:42 PM
Welcome! love the 3rd gens.  Where are you from?

Hey Husk.  I am in upstate NY.  Saratoga region.  Charger came from Arkansas.

Thanks again everyone.
welcome to the site, I bet your car came out of the Malvern area of Arkansas if its the one im thinking of it is a really nice car, and there is a red 340 ralllye about a block away from where yours came from, also several 66-68 chargers just a few miles out of town.

Yep.

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 16, 2011, 10:44:18 AM
GREEEAT CAR, ;D

IMHO to keep it as is... :)

Haha, I was hoping no one would say that, as I am on the fence still myself about some of the cosmetic changes.  My brother agrees with you.  He likes the big block sleeper look.  We'll see, I am still mulling it all over.

Nacho-RT74

well, I meant that because actually it looks harder to find a car on that condition than modified or restored.

I can understand the need to get a toy to PLAY with it working on it but this one is ( at least to me ) a toy to keep it like this

on a bookshelf ;) LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

67440chrg

Real nice car. The mods you mentioned should not do any harm except a few small holes in the deck lid. I would go for it. It will look good. I would allmost go as far as making a super B clone.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 67440chrg on March 16, 2011, 08:58:22 PM
The mods you mentioned should not do any harm except a few small holes in the deck lid.

and front valence

71_Charger_R/T

VERY nice car, my favorite color and year! Welcome to the site! I'm with Nacho, keep it the way it is, These cars get the looks no matter what!

MoparDavid

A few progress shots:

I am happy.

bobs66440

those wheels look AWESOME!!  :drool5: Excellent choice!  :2thumbs:

MoparDavid

Quote from: bobs66440 on March 28, 2011, 04:48:01 PM

Thanks bro.  Actually they were just something my brother had lying around the garage.  But I like the styling, and they cleaned up nice and should look real good once I get to spraying the drums black.  The tires were on the rims, are just stand ins for now till I get my new ones.

Snow is a melting...finally.  Pretty soon be taking it to the streets.

Chris

Sweet ride! My first Charger was a 71 SE 383 Mag/4 SPD, wish I would have held on to her!

Welcome to the site and enjoy!

Quote from: MoparDavid on March 28, 2011, 05:02:03 PM
Quote from: bobs66440 on March 28, 2011, 04:48:01 PM

Thanks bro.  Actually they were just something my brother had lying around the garage.  But I like the styling, and they cleaned up nice and should look real good once I get to spraying the drums black.  The tires were on the rims, are just stand ins for now till I get my new ones.

Snow is a melting...finally.  Pretty soon be taking it to the streets.

CDN72SE

Just found this thread, very nice car and I love the B5. I added the gull wing and front spoiler to my '72SE. Keep the progress reports coming.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

MoparDavid

New tires, and finally a sunny day...

:cheers:

MoparDavid

Got the exhaust run out the rest of the way...

Foreman72

WOW  :o

that is one awesome looking charger! :2thumbs:
great pictures!
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

MoparDavid

Quote from: Foreman72 on April 09, 2011, 11:02:54 PM
WOW  :o

that is one awesome looking charger! :2thumbs:
great pictures!

Thank you man. 

MoparDavid

I know some of you don't approve of this look on a 3rd Gen, but I love it, and given the limited striping options available for a '71, and the fact I didn't want to look like I was cloning, I am very happy with it and think it looks bad ass.  Only the hood to go now, and then to work under the hood.

Charger-Bodie

Im one the ones that usually dont like that look on the 3rd generation. Your car pulls it off though,The width and the spioler make it happen I think. Looks Great!!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

MoparDavid

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 25, 2011, 06:45:16 PM
Im one the ones that usually dont like that look on the 3rd generation. Your car pulls it off though,The width and the spioler make it happen I think. Looks Great!!!

Thanks 1HD.  I used a kit designed for a Dodge Ram truck with tonneu cover.  It's a full 12 inches from pin to pin, rather than the usual 8.5 to 10 in.  It looks really sharp in person, and I agree, together,with the stripe, the wing looks less like a stuck on afterthought.

bobs66440

Wow! Cool! It looks factory. No doubt. Very tasteful.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: MoparDavid
link=topic=78969.msg902677#msg902677 date=1303767121

I know some of you don't approve of this look on a 3rd Gen, but I love it, and given the limited striping options available for a '71, and the fact I didn't want to look like I was cloning, I am very happy with it and think it looks bad ass.  

:cheers:  It's your ride...you are the only one you need to please!

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

chargermike

welcome. love the 71. i drive a 2nd gen, but love the 3rd gens,  again welcome mopar fan :nixon: :nixon:

MoparDavid

Ok,

Didn't get out of the shop til midnight, still have some tweak and trim work to go, and couldn't take any proper pics yet, but so pumped up I had to post what I have.  All mods stated in original post have come to pass.  I couldn't be happier:

A '71 Charger with Attitude!

:coolgleamA: