News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MATS 2011 Video and Photos from Dans 68

Started by Dans 68, April 18, 2011, 01:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasStroker

Nice shots!  Sorry to hear about your trip home, but at least it was memorable...I figured we were the only ones who encountered issues and had to tack on almost 505 travel time to the return trek  :-\

I had a 225/50R15 come apart up front...my 295s are getting really low on tread...not a great time to have it happen that far from home.  Glad no damage was done to the car tho.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

67Charger440

Hey guys, it's Dan with the '67 Charger that tagged along on the way out...

When did you end up heading back?  I left after I was eliminated in footbrake late Sunday afternoon.  Sorry to hear about the misadventures, but these ARE the things the good stories are born from...

Dans 68

Dan,

Welcome to the site! It was a pleasure to have met you in Barstow. I saw you run a few times over the weekend.  :2thumbs: Troy and I left around noon on Sunday...those 15+ hours of travel time just won't drive themselves.  :icon_smile_big:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

FlatbackFanatic

Great pics!! Sorry to hear about your tire problems. But, it looks like everyone had a great time. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

TruckDriver

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on April 23, 2011, 11:33:09 PM
Great pics!! Sorry to hear about your tire problems. But, it looks like everyone had a great time. :2thumbs:

:iagree: Awsome thread! Least it was tires that was the only problem and not something worse.   :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

GunMetal

Hey Dan-67charger440, good to hear from you, So what were your times? How was the track? Etc. We tried to find you but missed. Oh well next year.
Non illegitimis carborundum

67Charger440

The car was running in the 11.3 - 11.4's, and I made it to the money in footbrake.  I lost when I did because I was dialing soft and letting off to cause the faster car to break out, but I spun off the line and the subsequent letting off gave me a loss by .002.  Oh well.  Got a little check in the mail today.   :icon_smile_big:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dans 68 on April 18, 2011, 03:57:17 AM
A few minutes out of Boron that same damn shimmy came back. We had to pull off the freeway onto a frontage road to check on the car. What we found was the the right rear tire was now also coming apart. You can see this in the third photo at the left side. At 5:45 pm on a Sunday evening. In the middle of nowhere (as far as service). There is nothing that is going to be open. We were in a giant pickle jar....                                                     

2 yrs ago I lost 3 Nokian snow tires to de-lamination. Yes, 3 of the same tires on the same car all at once. The 4th was probably not far behind. Well over 50% tread left. They started to come apart on the 10hr leg of the family vacation.

Great photos!  :drool5: Wish I could have been there.  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Paul G

I just checked the Moparty website, they have the 2011 car show winners posted now. In the B-Body restified class my 72 took 1st.  :boogie:
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Brock Samson

GunMetal

Congrats! Made it worth the extra effort of getting that tank in and "charging" out of town was'nt it? Went to a good guy too. :2thumbs:
Non illegitimis carborundum