News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

S-charger/EFI combo kits for 440

Started by J-440, May 01, 2011, 04:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-440

So the new Chally's, Camaros and Mustangs get all the latest cool stuff such as Edelbrock's EFI/Supercharger bolt on kits and other companies that do the same.  I was wondering if any of the aftermarket has made a kit for us old school guys running 440's and Hemi's.  Have written Kenn Belle and Mr. Norm and they are a no-go on the old Mopar iron.  However the newer Hemi's get all the good stuff.  The typical centrifugal s-charger is Plan B for me but what I really want is a combo kit that you see on the newer cars.  Anybody in the know?  Thanks.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

Rolling_Thunder

you're not going to find anything off the shelf that will fit...        you'll either have to go with a custom set up - or swap to a new hemi     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Cooter

I think you'll find the Supercharger store has a set up that mounts to the front of the engine (440)..Good on 'ya for keeping your Mopar all mopar instead of that Mercedes, errr, Hemi out now..Long live the 440...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

J-440

Made room for a centrifugal to fit but I'm using a motor plate. I may have to fab some spacers and do some modifying to the s-charger's bracket.  I'd figure the market is huge right now for hot rodders and maybe someone had a bolt on kit for us 440 owners.  I guess plan B it is. Thanks for the help guys.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede