News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original rims?

Started by bobfist, April 14, 2011, 02:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobfist

Hi!
I have a Charger 69 rt/se 69 and wonder what kind of rims and size it had original. i dont have any factory papers how to find out ?

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

Ghoste

If it's a 440 car, the stock standard ones were F70 X 14 tires on a 5.5 rim.

bobfist

yes 440 car, did it have magnums?
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

Ghoste

The Road Wheels (Magnum 500's) were optional.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: bobfist on April 14, 2011, 02:56:52 PMi dont have any factory papers how to find out ?

Without the broadcast sheet, window sticker or invoice there is no way to know.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

bobfist

Hmm then i dont know what to use....
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

E5 Charger

If there is no way to find out, I would go with the magnum 500's for the look.

bobfist

is it possible to get a new factory paper Vin paper?

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bobfist on April 15, 2011, 05:15:03 PM
is it possible to get a new factory paper Vin paper?

Simply put....NO

Like others have stated without any original paperwork for your car there is no other way of knowing what originally came with your car.  In your situation, you have a blank canvas 7 can choose what ever wheel/tire combination you desire....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69CoronetRT

The only thing that MAY help is if you can determine if there is factroy paint on the hubs and painted in a pattern consistent with how the factory did it when the car came with chrome road wheels. :Twocents:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.