News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

President Trump?

Started by RallyeMike, April 07, 2011, 11:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

:Twocents:

7 out of 10 people off the street could probably make much better use of the Fed's budget than we do now.  The Fed doesn't lack ideas or smarts, it's just unable/unwilling to take the actions necessary.  Trump isn't gonna help with the real problems.  

Arthu®

Quote from: Tilar on April 12, 2011, 12:21:59 PM
Quote from: Arthu® on April 12, 2011, 10:29:21 AM
Obama is a good example. He does well in the international politics and that is mostly because he is much more moderate than some of your previous presidents. Too put it simply you have to show people that you give a **** whether or not you really do is beside the point.

The king of Saudi Arabia said that he no longer trusts the Obama administration. One of the few allies that we have in the middle east and now they don't trust us. Well there is also Israel but obama threw them under the bus. He's not doing as well in international politics as the liberal media would let people believe.

As far as I know the Saudi's are not very happy with the Obama administration because of their opinion on the revolts throughout northern Africa and some of the Middle East. They are comparable to some regimes that are having a lot of trouble and the Obama administration seems to easily drop their support for those dictators. The Saudi's are scared they are next (and righteously so). Israel the same deal, they are not used not having the unconditional support from the U.S. The Obama administration has started putting question marks with the way Israel treats its neighbors. Both topics are way too political to discuss here, so I'm staying out of what is right or wrong. I just want to say that both a result of more moderate international politics on the account of the U.S.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

RallyeMike

Tilar/Art: Please don't ruin the Trumpfest.     :'( :'( :'(

QuoteWe need a president with facial hair.

Bull, I appreciate the subtle vote of confidence in the powers of my epic biker-stache, but it's telling me to avoid the world of politics.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

mikesbbody

Quote from: chargerboy69 on April 12, 2011, 10:37:40 AM
Quote from: bull on April 12, 2011, 09:48:30 AM
We need a president with facial hair. When's the last time we had a president with a decent moustache or beard?

How about Tom?  Is there a better mustache anywhere?  I do not think so.

Now your Talking! :2thumbs: sadly. the Mustache is long gone  :'(

elacruze

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 08, 2011, 12:08:47 AM
Quote from: RallyeMike on April 07, 2011, 11:33:48 PM

Does he have the skills and personality to do it?

I think he does.

He's loaded... maybe he can't be bought ?  :shruggy:

No need to panhandle for campaign contributions... :scratchchin:

Ross Perot tried that, and it didn't work. Of course, he wasn't a famous extrovert, either.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

TK73

After a few discussions with some trusted friends, I sure want him to run!!  Lets team him up with Sarah and make some bumper stickers.

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Tilar

Um, that would be a no. Quitters have no place in this race. That's why Romney probably won't make it either.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

resq302

Tilar,

I agree with your comment on the bottom of page 2.  We are too reliant on other companies / countries to help us out yet when we have a disaster of our own, who steps up?  (Do I hear crickets chirping?)  Yet when the psunami in Japan or other world disaster strikes, its the USA to the rescue whether that country wants our help or not, we are pushing our way in there it seems.

This is how I see it:

1.  We have our own damn problems at home here in the USA.  Homeless vets, people losing their jobs due to outsourcing, etc.  FIX IT!

2.  We rely on other companies outside the US to make "better" (and I use the term VERY loosely) such as stuff you buy at Wal-mart or other places.  Case in point, I remember growing up when a car built in the US would outlast any other imported car body wise but granted the motor might need some attention over the years.  However, if the engine had issues, it was generally the owners fault for not doing the proper maintenance.  I also remember growing up mowing lawns as my part time job when I was in high school.  That lawn mower you could not kill!  Proper maintenance every year led to the thing starting up usually on the first if not the second pull.  I would have to replace the wheels on it due to the tread wearing off before having to replace anything else.  Today, you are lucky to get 2 years out of a lawn mower because the mowing deck is made out of paper thin metal or the engine is designed to self destruct.  Same holds true to major appliances in our homes.  How is it that my grandmothers freezer chest that is probably 30 something years old still freezes stuff like clock work yet I had my new freezer chest in our house crap out after 1 week?  Service man came out under warranty and said it was cheaper to get a new one than what it would cost to repair the old (and yet it was still under warranty).

Our generation today has become a "throw away" generation and we wonder why our landfills are becoming short on space?  We need to take a step back and become self sufficient again as we once were and help ourselves before we start farming help out to other countries.  I hate to say it but unless we change, somewhere in the future there will be a sign on America's door saying "Welcome to America (now owned 98% by China).

Stepping off my soap box now.  And yes, Donald Trump would have my vote!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BigBlockSam

i drove him once when i drove a Limo in the late 80's . he never tipped me . i don't like the man
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on April 13, 2011, 04:08:16 PM
i drove him once when i drove a Limo in the late 80's . he never tipped me . i don't like the man
:yesnod: :yesnod: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/6-reasons-trump-great-president-20110413-092205-127.html

From the article:   :lol:   :lol:   :smilielol:

6. Better Catch-Phrases. Over the past decade, the U.S. has suffered from terrible, easily-mockable presidential catch-phrases, from "Mission Accomplished" and "Heckuva Job, Brownie" in the Bush years, to "Yes We Can" and "The Audacity of Hope" in the Obama regime. Trump, armed with a ready arsenal of quips, would do much better.

To underperforming cabinet secretaries: "You're Fired!"

To legions of unemployed seeking work: "You're Hired!"

To military leaders stuck in three intractable conflicts: "You're Mired!"

To workers on federal payrolls who need to be downsized: "You're Retired!"

To rural residents waiting on high-speed internet: "You're Wired!"
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Tilar

Quote from: BigBlockSam on April 13, 2011, 04:08:16 PM
Maybe he didn't like your driving, Or was that when his ex-wife took all his pocket change?   :shruggy: Or maybe he's like me and has to have something over and above to tip? I don't tip someone for doing their job, they get a paycheck for that. They have to do a great job for me to tip.
Dave  

BigBlockSam

the regular people , you know proms, weddings , stuff like that always tipped . the rich guys never tipped . you must be rich  :smilielol:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Tilar

:lol:  Nah, I wouldn't go that far. I'm just one that believes that you get paid for a job. Do something extra ordinary and I'll give a tip. Do what is expected and you get a "Thank you".  If I go to a restaurant a few times and get a consistantly good waitress I'll give a good tip. If I go to a restaurant that automatically adds a gratuity to a bill I don't pay it and I'll never set foot in that place again.

Some people say I'm too hard, I say it's being realistic.  :shruggy:
Dave  

Mike DC

QuoteNah, I wouldn't go that far. I'm just one that believes that you get paid for a job. Do something extra ordinary and I'll give a tip. Do what is expected and you get a "Thank you".  If I go to a restaurant a few times and get a consistantly good waitress I'll give a good tip. If I go to a restaurant that automatically adds a gratuity to a bill I don't pay it and I'll never set foot in that place again.

Some people say I'm too hard, I say it's being realistic.

What about the jobs that are (significantly) underpaid because of the assumption that tips will make up a large portion of the worker's total take-home pay? 

Tilar

Never bet on an assumption... 

Don't get me wrong, There are not many that don't get at least some kind of tip, even a verbal one. The ones that don't get anything are the ones that bring the order and then the check and nothing in between. I'll generally ask young people if they are putting themselves through school or whatever their story is and that will also have a bearing on if or what they get. I'm not totally cold hearted. Bad food doesn't have a bearing on it either, but it does determine if I go back again.
Dave  

TK73

Quote from: Tilar on April 13, 2011, 04:04:56 AM
Um, that would be a no. Quitters have no place in this race. That's why Romney probably won't make it either.

Actually I don't care who teams up with him, I just want to see the slow-motion train wreck for a year...

stripedelete

Quote from: BananaDan on April 09, 2011, 11:33:12 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 08, 2011, 09:34:04 AM
Banana man is a Democrap ?  I would not say that too loud if I were you.... :eek2:
Back when he was a storied billionaire that grew out of nothing.

Not trying to marginalize Don's success, but, let's not forget, his dad was a millionare when a millionare meant something.

"By the time of his death, Trump had amassed a $400 million estate, left largely to his children, contributing a significant amount to Donald Trump's fortune. Fred Trump suffered from Alzheimer's disease for six years[2] before his death from pneumonia in June 1999, at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, in New Hyde Park, New York."

RallyeMike

Quotei drove him once when i drove a Limo in the late 80's . he never tipped me . i don't like the man

Scoop! That's what I'm talking about! Call the Enquirer!

Trump: The frugal ramrod that will save a nation from financial mire - or - a just another member of the aristocracy screwing the little people ?!?!

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TK73

I enjoyed this quote:

"In a potential Republican field that includes Michele Bachmann, Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich, it's hard to come up with a line of attack loopy enough to stand out from the pack. But darned if Trump didn't manage to find one.

"If he wasn't born in this country, it's one of the greatest scams of all time," Trump told Bill O'Reilly, who demurred: "I don't think that's the case."

Vote for Donald Trump, the man who can make Bill O'Reilly look like the most sensible guy in the room.
"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/02/opinion/02collins.html?_r=1

learical1

Quote from: Tilar on April 13, 2011, 04:19:27 PM
I don't tip someone for doing their job, they get a paycheck for that. They have to do a great job for me to tip.

My wife makes waitress wages, i.e. 1/2 of minimum wage.  She works as a table clearer at a buffet near Sun City, AZ.  A table clearer takes your dirty plates and glasses away so after your 4th trip to the buffet tables, you have room at your table for the fresh food.  The old folks tip pretty well; it's the families with young kids that the parents allow to completely trash the table that are the worst non tippers.  :flame:
Bruce

TK73

Yeah, notice that people who don't tip haven't done that kind of work...

bull

Quote from: stripedelete on April 13, 2011, 07:03:28 PM
Banana man is a Democrap ?  I would not say that too loud if I were you.... :eek2:

Not trying to marginalize Don's success, but, let's not forget, his dad was a millionare when a millionare meant something.

"By the time of his death, Trump had amassed a $400 million estate, left largely to his children, contributing a significant amount to Donald Trump's fortune. Fred Trump suffered from Alzheimer's disease for six years[2] before his death from pneumonia in June 1999, at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, in New Hyde Park, New York."

Makes me think of Charlie Sheen and all this "winning" BS he was spouting a while back. That little asshat wouldn't have had even 15 minutes of fame to yap about how awesome he is if it weren't for his daddy paving his way.

stripedelete

Quote from: bull on April 14, 2011, 11:18:47 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on April 13, 2011, 07:03:28 PM

Makes me think of Charlie Sheen and all this "winning" BS he was spouting a while back. That little asshat wouldn't have had even 15 minutes of fame to yap about how awesome he is if it weren't for his daddy paving his way.

Yep.  Turning $100 milion into a billion is a hell of a lot easier than turning $100K into million.

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us