News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help with a dana 60

Started by billssuperbird, May 11, 2011, 07:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

can a 79 f350 dana 60 rear. be made to fit a 1970 rr.and is it worth it. :shruggy:

71gtx

no

you buy new one  for a 70 b -body  1800

elacruze

+1

It can be done, but it's a great deal of work requiring a lot of heavy grinding and welding, great care to keep things straight, and new axles in any case. There's no profit in it in my opinion.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Troy

Yes. Probably not. Dr Diff sometimes converts truck Danas to car size. He even welds up a pinion snubber mount (which the truck Danas don't have). He has all the parts and equipment to do it and his price is generally somewhere around $1,000 finished. You'd have to get a killer deal on one and have the skill, knowledge, and parts to do it in order to beat that price.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

firefighter3931

Sure it can be done  :yesnod:

My 68 has a ford truck housing with aftermarket (Strange SS) axles and a detroit locker SG unit. I can tell you it's one Heavy SOB !  :lol:

The truck housing is much beefier than the passenger car version ; extra thick webbing on the center housing and thicker axle tubes. There is no pinion snubber mount but for me that wasn't a consideration with the CalTrac suspension system anyway. Mine is built to handle 1500hp so that's probably overkill for most people.  ;)

If the truck dana has a servicable suregrip unit it might be worthwhile considering if the price is right.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

billssuperbird