News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Strange fact of the day: I work with a guy who Saved Courtney Love's life

Started by bull, January 06, 2006, 01:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

It was back in the late '80s before Ms. Love met Kurt Cobain and my coworker was a roadie for a Portland (OR) band. She was dating the lead singer at the time and one night she underwent one of her psychotic, drug-induced episodes by breaking all the windows out of the guy's 2nd story apartment. The guy I work with tried to stop her and she tried jumping out the window, in fact she did go through the window and he caught her by the ankles and pulled her back inside. I read all this in a local music magazine dated 1999.

So my coworker can probably be blamed for the demise of Nirvana. Anyway, just thought I'd share this oddity. I thought it was interesting anyway. EDIT: The magazine ran this picture of her but cut the other three women out. Please pardon my misstep with the Osbourne pic everyone, well, everyone but Kimmy. She's second from the left:

Brock Samson

Todd Wilson

Quote from: bull on January 06, 2006, 01:50:59 AM
It was back in the late '80s before Ms. Love met Kurt Cobain and my coworker was a roadie for a Portland (OR) band. She was dating the lead singer at the time and one night she underwent one of her psycho, drug-induced episodes by breaking all the windows out of the guy's 2nd story apartment. The guy I work with tried to stop her and she tried jumping out the window, in fact she did go through the window and he caught her by the ankles and pulled her back inside. I read all this in a local music magazine dated 1999.

So my coworker can probably be blamed for the demise of Nirvana. Anyway, just thought I'd share this oddity. I thought it was interesting anyway. The magazine had a picture of her and she looked about like she looks here:

Thats Kelly Osborn in that pic dude!

Todd

Brock Samson

Chryco Psycho

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Mefirst

Quote from: 69bananabeast on January 06, 2006, 02:40:09 AM
it's too bad , she killed kurt cobain

I do think it was Cobain that pulled the shotgun trigger himself.. In my op. Nirvana was an overrated band anyways..

My :Twocents:

Ps. Bull, by the way... This is Courtney Love... Check the pic..

Johnny SixPack

I know a guy who stalked Courtney:

http://www.moonwashedrose.com/media/mm70994.html

A buddy of mine still in Portland sent me that a couple weeks ago.

Rob is the brother of my old band's singer.

I hung out with Rob more than a few times while I lived in Portland from "00-"02, and had always thought Rob was a few sandwiches short of a picnic, but never had I suspected he was capable of that.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Lowprofile

In all her Glory........ :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

8WHEELER

I wonder if that happened today if he would make the same decision  ::) ::) ::)

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

last426

Quote from: bull on January 06, 2006, 01:56:01 AM
Quote from: Stratocharger on January 06, 2006, 01:53:39 AM

aint that that Ozborne chick?..   :P

It looks like her. I just did a search for some pics of her in the late '80s and got that. Whoever it is it looks like the picture I saw of her in the magazine.

Uhhh, yeah, that adds to your credibility.  Go get the magazine and post the real picture.  Hmmm, I think I should post a pic of me, let me see, just how do you spell Pitt?  Kim

bull

Quote from: last426 on January 06, 2006, 04:26:41 AM
Quote from: bull on January 06, 2006, 01:56:01 AM
Quote from: Stratocharger on January 06, 2006, 01:53:39 AM

aint that that Ozborne chick?..   :P

It looks like her. I just did a search for some pics of her in the late '80s and got that. Whoever it is it looks like the picture I saw of her in the magazine.

Uhhh, yeah, that adds to your credibility.   Go get the magazine and post the real picture.   Hmmm, I think I should post a pic of me, let me see, just how do you spell Pitt?   Kim

A sermon on credibility from a defense attorney... that's a good one.

hemihead

I'm so glad he saved her.I agree Nirvana was way,way overrated.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 06, 2006, 04:22:57 AM
I wonder if that happened today if he would make the same decision   ::) ::) ::)

Dan

Maybe not but there probably wasn't much of a decision to it. You just react in some situations.

NYCMille

That chick is sloppy mess... she's like an  old worn out cigarette you find on the bottom of your shoe... ugh... :puke:

bull

Quote from: formula_440 on January 06, 2006, 03:03:06 AM
I know a guy who stalked Courtney:

http://www.moonwashedrose.com/media/mm70994.html

A buddy of mine still in Portland sent me that a couple weeks ago.

Rob is the brother of my old band's singer.

I hung out with Rob more than a few times while I lived in Portland from "00-"02, and had always thought Rob was a few sandwiches short of a picnic, but never had I suspected he was capable of that.

You don't know Koster do you? He's the one I'm talking about.

This is funny: "Love added: "I understand Mr Sceeles is emotionally unstable.  I am in fear of my safety and the safety of my staff and family." Ya think she might be a little unstable herself?

andy74

she is a real scum bag,she will spend a whole lot of time in hell,just for her stupid shit,not to mention ruining  their little girls life-junky whore

Charger_Fan

Quote from: NYCMille on January 06, 2006, 09:35:52 AM
That chick is sloppy mess... she's like an   old worn out cigarette you find on the bottom of your shoe... ugh... :puke:
:haha: Nice! I was searching for that "just right" comparison...you hit it! :haha:

Man, do I ever feel sorry for her kids. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 06, 2006, 02:10:13 AM
too bad he saved her
:iagree:

Although I feel the fact that she basiclly killed Kurt Kablam is one of the best things that happened to music ^-^
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

I've never really understood why some people are so vocal in their hatred for Nirvana? I myself don't love the music but it's not terrible. I've heard a lot worse. Why all the hate for them? Really, I'm just curious.

GTX

One reason that I've heard is because Nirvana personifies grunge and many people hate grunge.
It may or may not be Nirvana that they really hate as much as what it signifies.
Nirvana is creditited with being the father band of the grunge movement that so many people hate and so therefore they hate the founding father.

volk68

I, for one, loved grunge/alt rock, but also believe that Nirvana, while fostering the movement, was a very long way from being the best band grunge/alt rock produced.

Shakey

Quote from: bull on January 06, 2006, 12:51:48 PM
I've never really understood why some people are so vocal in their hatred for Nirvana? I myself don't love the music but it's not terrible. I've heard a lot worse. Why all the hate for them? Really, I'm just curious.

Maybe some people feel the same way about Nirvana as you do about the '06 Dodge Charger.   :shruggy:

psykicpup

I like Nirvama but.. the person that killed kurt was kurt
he was into weird Sh** with who ever he could get to go along...courtney didn't help ..the first bird with a bigger prob than he had ...(l0l)
there is  SAYING
SOZ SNEEZED...
that goes
a Suicide= only needs an excuse & an alibi

sorry if that offends anybody .. I lost a friend this yr to suicide & am just realising that it wasn't anybodies fault
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

derailed

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Quote from: Shakey on January 06, 2006, 03:51:20 PM
Quote from: bull on January 06, 2006, 12:51:48 PM

Maybe some people feel the same way about Nirvana as you do about the '06 Dodge Charger.     :shruggy:

Maybe, but there are some very clear and obvious reasons why I and so many others don't like the not-a-charger. With music the reasons aren't so clear. The new "Charger" is like Metallica taking a 20-year break and then returning to play jazz.

69bananabeast

Quote from: Mefirst on January 06, 2006, 02:55:43 AM
Quote from: 69bananabeast on January 06, 2006, 02:40:09 AM
it's too bad , she killed kurt cobain

I do think it was Cobain that pulled the shotgun trigger himself.. In my op. Nirvana was an overrated band anyways..

My :Twocents:

Ps. Bull, by the way... This is Courtney Love... Check the pic..

I dont want to start like another investigation or whatever you want to call it , but If you had enough heroin in your system to kill yourself 3X over , do you think you would have had enough strength to pick up a shotgun and shoot yourself?  Also at the Time he died some one was with him since is credit card had been used 2-3 days after he was dead.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

JimShine

He would have faded away. He was already burned out and tapped of song ideas. He knew it was a craze and he was in the right place at the right time. If he were smart he would have just saved his money and went back to being a civilian.