News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heaterbox fan

Started by Petri., April 09, 2011, 02:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petri.

Hi,i took my fan apart because its heavy to turn around for hand,it is a/c 68,i can not spinn the motor for hand when i took the plastic at front of the motor away (dont know the word for it),now i have the motor in pieces and the center axle has some kind of round bearings at each side,the (bearings) is hard to rotate at the axle,so how is it supposed to work.
1. the bearings (if they are bearings) are supposed to fit tight in the chassi (not rotate) and only the axle is supposed to rotate in the bearings.

2. the bearings have to fit tight at the axle and all that will rotate in the chassi,with this i mean that the bearing and axle is one solid part and it rotates in the chassi.

The motor works when i put power on it.

Hard to explain these things with bad english.

/Petri

twodko

Can you post some pictures so we can get a better idea of whats going on?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

tatrick2me

Peter your talking about the heater blower motor and fan. What you call the axle is the motor shaft, those are bushings on each end of the shaft. From what your saying there is nothing wrong with your heater blower motor. Put a drop of oil on each bushing and put it back together. When you put the brushes back in place against the armature [the thing wrapped in wire] they act like a magnet making it stiff to turn. After you make sure it still works after your no,no of taking it apart put it back and forget about it. IUf it don't work contact year one.com for a new one. Under 80$ US.
Bone 7

Petri.

I will post some pics tonight.

/Petri

Petri.

Here you got a picture of the motor shaft and at each side is a bearing,the left one goes nice to turn around for hand but the right one is impossible to turn around for hand so that seems to be the problem,some 5:56 and grease should solve it, have one more question in pic 2,how do i get the plastic peace for the fan out from the box,sorry dont know the word for that part,its nice to learn new words every day :yesnod:

/Petri

GreenMachine

It's a blower motor wheel. To get it out, take the 3 small screws out from the outer diameter of the ring. Then pry the ring off, it will be tight. I used a small curved prybar to get mine off.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.