News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

California Thread

Started by 440, April 09, 2011, 10:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who lives here, who's been here, and what do you think of the place ?

twodko

I live in northern California so I'm not subject to the weirdness of the rest of Calibrokia. We have our own variety of weird up here. Norcal is still very rural and forested which suits me having been born in Oregon. Sacramento is a joke with elected cretins who can't make a good decision on the peoples' behalf to save their collective asses. We pay more for everything here and get little or nothing in return for the taxes we pay. I'd like to move a bit farther north, maybe the Oregon border but we're locked in here with family/friends etc. The grass isn't always greener and it could be worse.....I could be in Detroit.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Funny you say that about wanting to move closer to Oregon. I was from the bay area and Oregon would have been one of my first choices. The Bay Area has plenty of weirdness which I'm sure everyone is well aware of....

twodko

I live near Santa Rosa, where be you?

BananaDan

I've visited SF, Sausolito and Napa/Sonoma a few times and absolutely love Napa/Sonoma.  I could totally live up there.

Tom,
That's funny you live in Santa Rosa, we stayed in Santa Rosa on our last visit.   I can't wait to get back.  We haven't been since our son was born.

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Just outside San Mateo. I've been around most of the state to collect car parts.  :yesnod: I prefer the northern part of the state personally... Sears point isn't far from you

Brock Samson

BTW: Speaking on Calif..
The Cheese run is coming up soon...    
Saturday, April 23 · 9:30am - 5:00pm
D Street
Petaluma, CA
Created By   
Stu Harmon
More Info   
We will meet at the Carl's Jr. Resturant in the bBayhill Shopping center in San Bruno, Ca. Departure time is 9:30AM. We will regroup at the Vista Point rest area at the END of the Golden Gate Bridge and leave there to the Marin Cheese Factory. After lunch we will head west to Point Reyes and check out this cool town.

thread from last Yr...
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,67567.0.html

hope ya'll can make it..  :yesnod:

Too bad I don't live there anymore or I would go....

Brock - Have you ever been to the Dream Machines car show in Half Moon Bay or the Sierra Point show?

BTW - Clement St has the best Pork buns if you like them  :lol: 

69 OUR/TEA

Better to be midwest or on the eastcoast,don't want to be in Cali when that big chunk breaks off and slides into the ocean!!!!! :nana:

Brock Samson

Quote from: 440 on April 09, 2011, 11:58:34 AM
BTW - Clement St has the best Pork buns if you like them  :lol: 

Yep!
I bet we get them at the same place but I don't know the name as I can't read Chinese...
  :shruggy:

John_Kunkel

The PRK doesn't have a lock on weirdness, it's just a different sort of weirdness.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

TK73

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 09, 2011, 04:47:46 PM

The PRK doesn't have a lock on weirdness, it's just a different sort of weirdness.

PRK?
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

PocketThunder

Been to san fran and LA and i loved it both times, but, that was durring the winter here in Minnesota.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

Quote from: TK73 on April 09, 2011, 05:53:04 PM

PRK?

Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.... no one calls it that but squares... :shruggy:

One trip down castro and you'd be scarred for life  :icon_smile_blackeye:.... A whole new level of weirdness

I'll just stick to my own little circle of normal-ness if you could call it normal  :lol:

RallyeMike

if you can get past the whacko politics and taxes... it's an incredible place

1. Immensity of the food-production in the San Joachim Valley is mind-bending.
2. Frisco is has to be one of, if not THE most unique an interesting Cities in this country.
3. Natural wonders: Redwoods, Death Valley, Sequoias, Yosemite, etc. etc. etc. the beaches...

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

WHITE AND RED 69

I'm in Mountain View which is about 40 miles south of San Francisco.

You cant beat the weather here in California.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

mikepmcs

Born in San Francisco, lived in San Diego.  I like the weather and the lure of the whole state and I had a lot of fun there....... but don't think I could afford it or deal with the stringent guidelines.
....... I'd probably live in San Francisco if given the chance and didn't have to worry about income.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 09, 2011, 08:47:49 PM
Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.... no one calls it that but squares... :shruggy:

North Dakota
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

twodko

Brock,

We'll meet you there at the vista point, we're coming from Santa Rosa.....whaddya think about 10:30 ish?

440 - I lived several years in Burlingame/San Mateo. Went to Borel Jr. High then Aragon HS then Burlingame Hs. There is a club on the peninsula that's putting on these El Camino Cruises. Have you gone to one? Supposed to be a blast...like back in the day. Guy's supposed to give me a heads up so we can go next time.

BananaDan - when you come back to NorCal PM us, maybe we can get together for lunch?

WHITE AND RED 69 - Lived in San Jose for about 10 years. Glad I moved. Mountian View is a whole other world in comparison to SJ. MV is a great town especially for kids........or it used to be. :shruggy:

Brock Samson

10:30ish is probably too late, last yr. i got there before ten and we pulled out for the cheese run by 10:20..
Chargersteve want to go too, so there will be a few of us going, perhaps more if the rest of the Bay Area contingent sees this thread..
I did indeed get to a couple El Camino Cruises last yr.
Pics here....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=234545&id=543935538&l=5730afe54e

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 09, 2011, 08:47:49 PM
Quote from: TK73 on April 09, 2011, 05:53:04 PM

PRK?

I hear that phrase more often then not when it's a group of my liberal friends talking..

My best friend moved out there when we graduated and has been out there for 20 years.. He says he'll NEVER come back out to the East Coast.. Can't say I blame him, this state is a crap hole.

twodko - How long ago did you used live there? I was actually from San Carlos which was one city south of San Mateo. Our area was sort of on its own, free from the trouble from surrounding cities.

I too lived somewhere in Cupertino as a kid on Homestead Rd... Too long ago to remember. I do remember going to Meyerhotlz elementary also.....    

ChgrSteve67

I have lived in CA most of my life and there is no place I would rather live.

The political crap sucks but I don't pay attention to it.
I don't have kids so I don't worry about the schools.
Crime is everywhere reguardless of what state you live in.
Gas prices are higher than elsewhere but I conserve with my daily driver.
The best part of CA is the weather, central valley CA does not have big enough earthquakes to worry about.

Plus I get to drive my Charger year round.

-Steve

hemi68charger

I just got back from Victorville and have been to LA, Beverly Hills, Disneyland and Sea World San Diego. Pretty much all good experiences from a tourist point of view. 2 weeks ago when I was in Victorville, at 4:30 in the morning,on my way to work at the base (I was TDY with the Air Force) and with 5 other Airman, a dude comes running into the Stop-n-Go, no shirt, no shoes, yelling for the cashier to give him the phone, he needed to call 911 because someone was shooting at him !!!!   :o

Welcome to California !!!  :smilielol:

Talked to Dominic on the phone, ThumperDart, nice guy... Didn't get to hook up, but we had a cool conversation...  I did like the In-and-Out burger joint and bought one of their cool t-shirts with Mopars on it.......

The weather was AWESOME and, being a geo-guy, loved the view of the snow-capped mountains.....

Oh, and then there's Stu !!!! :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection