News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

white letters in or out?

Started by charge-it, April 08, 2011, 05:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

ODZKing

Yep, whites out, especially with the T/A's.

mikesbbody

My decision was kinda based on how I bought my Charger. it had Goodyear Eagle ST's on the back (white out) and Generic fronts with nothing on them. I kept it this way for years then finally decided it looked lame and turned them in. In 2006, I bought some Welds with Tires (whites out) I don't even remember what the tires are! because the first thing I did was turn them in. I don't get the whole "white out" thing I mean sure, it's about what you like (and I've always gone against the grain in my choices in regard to what's popular or what other people like) EVERYONE (almost everyone) run's them out why? I heard BFG's are not that good anyway! I just don't want my Charger to be a rolling Billboard. When my 17's go on, there wont be any white's anyway! I guess I subcribe tp the whole "less is more" when it comes to looks.

no318

Quote from: bull on April 08, 2011, 05:45:53 PM
No way! What is wrong with you people? White letters OUT!! But only if they are solid letters like BFGoodrich, Cooper Cobras, Firehawk, etc. :2thumbs:

ABSOLUTELY!!

jb666

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

John_Kunkel

I suppose all you "white letters out" folks also like whitewalls?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

lexxman

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 10, 2011, 04:58:53 PM

Well I don't like the white letters on a tire terrible! :rotz: White walls looks way better red lines to so I say in!
Or use a black tire with no white letters on it :yesnod:

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

MaximRecoil

I'm surprised that so many people on this forum are pro-raised white letter tires. It seems that muscle cars are the last bastion of RWL tires; even the 4WD truck crowd seems to be ditching them. Additionally, they are a 1970s thing; i.e., they came along on Mopars in 1970 with the Goodyear Polyglas GT, when the death of true muscle cars was only one year away. That's another reason that I don't like them; i.e., in addition to not finding pointless high-visibility words plastered on things appealing, they evoke the dreadful '70s rather than the '60s.

On the other hand, if I did own a car that originally came with RWL tires, and I restored it, I would put them on; but only the type it originally came with. Goodyear Polyglas GTs are the least evil of all of them IMO anyway, because of the good choice of typeface and the lettering being relatively small; plus they are, for all intents and purposes, the original RWL tires intended for general consumers.

Brock Samson

I was around in the '60s and everyone who could went right out and ditched their stock wheels and tires for mags and fatter rubber,.. added a tach too even if the car all ready had one. So if you want a stock look, skinny tires and all, by all means go blackwall. If you really want to be different go white walls, I like the idea of the Redlines, on the Magnum 500s myself, but few cars had blackwalls unless they were a stripper,.. Hell, I remember the Goodyear Blue Streaks... lol.. my friends' dads' '66 Pontiac 2+2 had them.  :shruggy:

TUFCAT

white letters are ok.....but I personally think your car would look best with Magnum 500 wheels and white stripe tires.  :2thumbs:

TK73

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 10, 2011, 04:58:53 PM

No, not much of a whitewall fan...

I have letters out on the rear (275/60/15) and in on the front (14" 70s)
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

jaak

Quote from: BananaDan on April 09, 2011, 02:06:56 PM
Out!

Banana Dan, beautiful/stunning/awesome car!!!!!!!!!!! :drool5:

But seeing how I prefer whitewalls in, this makes your car  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: ......

rooks

rooks

66chargerkid

White letters out forsure. It IS the muscle car look! But it is really preference.
What is the verdict???

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

Mikesmoparperformance

AWESOME!! 69!! Looks way better :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: BananaDan on April 09, 2011, 02:06:56 PM
Out!

Banana Dan, beautiful/stunning/awesome car!!!!!!!!!!! :drool5:

But seeing how I prefer whitewalls in, this makes your car  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: ......

That's is wat i mean way better this way in the last picture! :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

My vote (if there was a vote) would be for out !

White letters in are for Grandpas  :yesnod:  :nana:

doctor4766

Quote from: 440 on April 11, 2011, 05:46:30 AM
My vote (if there was a vote) would be for out !

White letters in are for Grandpas  :yesnod:  :nana:

Lol RJ don't send me there yet.
I just like the "clean" look of RWL in on certain cars.. it's got nuttin to do with whether either of my daughters has be up the duff or not   ;D
Gotta love a '69

Well, being your car was originally going to be GL which had white letters in we'll let you slide  :lol:

Other than that white letters out  ;D

As I said in an earlier post;

Muscle Look - Whites out
Classy - Whites in

doctor4766

Lol we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one
Gotta love a '69