News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barrett Jackson starting to piss me off !!!!

Started by hemi24, April 08, 2011, 04:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi24

Why is it when a Mopar is getting ready to come up on stage to receive its 50 seconds of the selling they go to a commercial and when they come back they hardly make mention of it !!!! :RantExplode:
i guess its called no respect............ :soapbox:

TruckDriver

Must just be for you. Cause I seen a lot more come up on stage then I did this spring.  I have seen 5 Charger (3 today already), 2 Roadrunners, '69 Dart, few Challenger's, and a '65 Belveder.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

HPP

I take it you didn't catch their 1 hour show of only mopars.

Budnicks

Quote from: hemi24 on April 08, 2011, 04:44:21 PM
Why is it when a Mopar is getting ready to come up on stage to receive its 50 seconds of the selling they go to a commercial and when they come back they hardly make mention of it !!!! :RantExplode:
i guess its called no respect............ :soapbox:
I noticed that also but I live in the sticks & our local Comcast/Infinity is a joke, so I naturaly figured it was just them putting in local commercials. I guess it's the national broadcast, not just our local cable affiliate.     Budnicks
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TheGhost

Starting to piss you off?

They've been pissing me off for years.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

John_Kunkel

:iagree: B-J is the reason prices have gone out of the realm of the common man.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

HPP

Nahh, I don't think BJ is exactly why prices are high. Think about it, the cars that command the most money are the most rare and documented versions of Chrysler's history. Those cars always sold for more. BJ just exposes them to more people.

What BJ has done is made every hillbilly with a B body think they are sitting on a million dollar gold mine.

charge-it

Quote from: HPP on April 09, 2011, 05:09:12 PM
Nahh, I don't think BJ is exactly why prices are high. Think about it, the cars that command the most money are the most rare and documented versions of Chrysler's history. Those cars always sold for more. BJ just exposes them to more people.

What BJ has done is made every hillbilly with a B body think they are sitting on a million dollar gold mine.
I've recorded all of this latest circus. I started watching it just for the Mopars and maybe a few other cars and I fast forward through the rest. I'm able to blast through the whole show in about an hour. Beats sitting on my butt all day watching commercials and all the other cars I have no interest in. As far as BJ pissing me off, you've got to be kidding right? My advice is not to take it seriously, or personally. If you can't do that I suggest you change the channel, life is too short to get all wound up over a car auction.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

bobs66440

Quote from: HPP on April 09, 2011, 05:09:12 PM
Right, so no more deals left. If you want anything related to Mopar you have to pay top dollar... :rotz:

BrianShaughnessy

They don't piss me off...

I don't bother watching them.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ghoste

B-J were the ones who made the live circus work on television and they don't show many of the lower priced turds, they air the stars and then talk about the cars generically.  Such as, "OH MY GOD, HERE COMES ANOTHER MOPAR I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW HOT THEY ARE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!".   And the hillbillies soak it up, so in my opinion, yes, they have done a huge bit in driving up Chrysler prices.

hemi-hampton

I have not watched it in years, I got tired of watching hours & hours of Corvettes & other non interesting non muscle cars just to get a quick glimpse at a Mopar or any muscle car. LEON.

TruckDriver

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 13, 2011, 10:26:39 PM
I have not watched it in years, I got tired of watching hours & hours of Corvettes & other non interesting non muscle cars just to get a quick glimpse at a Mopar or any muscle car. LEON.

They hardly had any Corvettes in Palm Beach. Maybe only 30 or so. Not all were on tv either.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Cooter

Anybody that charges people $400.00 just to sit and watch a bunch of spoiled, rich, born into money, well to do, idiots fighting over who's got the most money to spend on a damn car, deserves to have the audience they have, as people like that type sh*t...Hell, they even have little "Parties" for watching that damn thing.

As for the "Hillbillies" that think they have a gold mine, I fall into that category and have NEVER thought it as I have a set amount it will take to get my sh*t and BJ had nothing to do with it...It's the "yuppy", Flipper types, with town homes that usually live in the city that almost ALWAYS ask me if I know how much one like mine went across the stage last night for...The "Hillbillies" I KNOW, buy and BUILD these cars for the Cars, not the money...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Budnicks

Wow sounds like alot of resentment twards B.J., I just like to see cars that are on those restoration/preservation levels & when I watch on TV, I can sit on my recliner & drink a beer & complane about, too much money spent on some  "It's just another Mustang with differant Badging" or "It's just another Camaro/Corvette" or the freakin "SS Chevelles that go for way way too much $$$$" ... LOL... If you haven't ever gone, it's worth going atleast once,  it's a great car show & good automobilia/memorablia to see. I would say 99% of the people there are walking arround not bidding or even watching the auction & just talking to venders & car owners, looking at cars, like any other regular car show, plus all the other estrogen driven stuff to help keep the ladies happy, while you spend all day & night looking at car crap. I have seen a bunch of my old racing buddies at the Scotsdale event. It's just a telivisized car show that has people & restorers selling & buying cars. There aren't many low end cars with the screening that B.J. does to keep integrity in thier sales. I'm just into it for the cars.    Budnicks
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks