News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More help neded - 440 questions this time..

Started by BY RSCO, April 01, 2011, 09:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BY RSCO

I am in the midst of project 69 (and will hopefully have pics soon-) the engine will be making the journey from the body shop to my house soon and then to be gone through. The best that I can tell, the 440 is from a 1972 "something" - will post the numbers when I am at the shop again. My question is this.. I know that from 70 or so to 74 the compression was dropped on these a good bit. I do not want a race engine, just a nice solid driver but definitely want to change pistons at least; would be tickled with around the 400 hp mark when finished. Looking for the best upgrades while keeping the stock heads.. (already planning on changing intake, carb) - my engine builder has some thoughts as well, but there are many folks here more familiar with Mopar than he is.. Just trying to get a good game plan together.

greenpigs

Check the proven combo section for a build up that sounds like what you want.

This might be what you are after...http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,68741.0.html
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BY RSCO

That is a great thread! Thanks for the link. I would be very pleased if mine can come out that nice.

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BY RSCO

My original engine builder is way behind due to racing season, so I am looking for a backup - Hoping whoever it ends up being is as familiar with Mopar as my first guy...time will tell.

greenpigs

Well not sure where you are but if you post the city, someone here may know of a quality builder.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BY RSCO

I am in South Central Kentucky - about 2 hours from Louisville - between Bowling Green and Paducah - OR about 1:45 north of Nashville, TN - would be happy to spend a day round trip driving for a good build (to deliver, and then again to pick up)  - Have the transmission covered as we have one of the best trans guys in the country in our back door.