News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Official DC.com 90 Day Fitness Challenge! - Starts on 8/8/11

Started by Ponch ®, July 29, 2011, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Seems like we have reasonable interest based on posts in the "losing weight" thread. I did this same challenge with some of the people at LXForums (in fact, im practically copying and pasting the rules from there  :icon_smile_big:) and I was very pleased with the results.

Remember that you are doing this for yourself.

This is NOT a competition. This is a way for us to share our goals, efforts, and work out / eating tips. You'd be surprised at how much you can learn. We'll start a week from Monday, that way we can have a few days to recruit more people or, if you feel you need to, go on a final binge of pizza and TV before we start getting down to business.

The Challenge:
This premise of this challenge is pretty simple: Each participant starts with 100 points. A point is deducted each time a workout is missed, a meal is missed, an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack is consumed or a daily update to your official challenge post is missed. The goal, of course, is to finish the challenge with 100 points!

Here are the rules:

1) The challenge begins on Monday, August 8th and ends on Tuesday, November 8th.

2) It doesn't matter if you are cutting, bulking, maintaining, quitting smoking, cutting out coffee or soda it can be anything that works to bettering yourself. The common goal is consistency.

3) Each person participating in the challenge should start a post in this thread and updated each and every day. The updates won't take long (examples below).

Miss a workout for any reason, deduct a point.
Miss a meal for any reason, deduct a point.
Eat an unscheduled "cheat" meal, snack, smoke what ever deduct a point.

Feel free to post before/after pictures if you like (optional).

Of course this challenge is based on the honor system. You can cheat, but that would be pointless.

Here's an example Official Challenge post (feel free to copy and paste, substituting your own information):

Sample Official "100 Challenge" post
GOAL: Cutting
COMMENT: I want to reduce my body fat to 8%.
WORKOUT SCHEDULE
Monday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: chest & triceps (PM)
Tuesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
Wednesday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: back & biceps (PM)
Thursday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)
Friday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: delts & traps (PM)
Saturday Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM); Weight training: legs (PM)
Sunday: Stationary bike, 45 mins (aerobic, fasted) (AM)

MEAL SCHEDULE
Six meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
WEIGHT: 200 pounds
BODY FAT: 9.8%
ARMS: 16.75"
CALVES: 16.5"
CHEST: 42.75"
FOREARMS: 13.5"
HIPS: 38.75"
THIGHS: 24"
WAIST: 32.5"

END STATS
WEIGHT:
BODY FAT:
ARMS:
CALVES:
CHEST:
FOREARMS:
HIPS:
THIGHS:
WAIST:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Please be sure to keep a running total of your points, as shown below.)

August 10: I did my cardio and ate all meals as scheduled.
-0 points [100 points]

August 11: My car broke down and I missed my back workout. I walked to Burger King for dinner and had an unscheduled cheat meal.
-2 points [98 points]

August 12: I missed my cardio today, but ate all meals as scheduled.
-1 point [97 points]

Please share as much information and updates about yourself as you feel comfortable (and make them as detailed as you want...for example: "Today I did 6 sets of 6 reps of Lat Pulldowns at 150 lbs"). Keep in mind, however, that the more you share with the rest of the group, the more others can help you and the more others can learn from you.

SO...ARE YOU UP FOR IT?  :2thumbs:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

DC_1

Nope, we are all already perfect human specimens with no need for any improvement.....  :D

moparsons

I started a diet/workout program 5 weeks ago. Lost 30 pounds so far. Started at 300 lbs. I probly won"t post here everyday about it.......but I will update. :2thumbs:

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Orange_Crush

OK Ponch...I'll bite!

Right now, I'm 6'1" 300 Lbs.  I want to get down to 220 eventually.  I'm large framed and when I weigh 180 (my ideal BMI) I am WAY too skinny.

My goal will be to lose3-5 pounds per week.  I plan to do this the following way.

eat no more than 2500 calories per day
work off over 300 calories per day by way of exercise.

I'm sure I'll start refining things as I go along.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

learical1

Currently:  5'8"  246.4 lbs as of 5:30 this morning
Goal:  under 200 by 1/1/12 (approx 10 lbs a month).  So in 90 days, I hope to be down to 216 lbs.
Plan:  I don't have one.  I'll try to eat less and next week (after my biopsy) I might even try the old treadmill.
I don't do points, but I'll keep you all posted as to weight loss.

8/15/11 Weight:  242.8 lbs Down a little over 3 lbs.  probably used 25 points already, so we'll say I have 75 points left.
Bruce

Roger 68 charger

At the end of May I weighed 236 lbs--So I started watching what I eat (got off the fast food diet) and working out 5 to 6 times a week. Today I am 212 Lbs and still loseing.
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

stripedelete

Started about 6 weeks ago.  I've lost about 14 Lbs.  Past the days of extreme dieting, workouts and bets.  I'll check in once a month.  Goal is 80 Lbs.  

A383Wing

sounds like someone is calling us fat...  :D

I'm already in shape.......round is a shape

Todd Wilson

A383Wing

Quote from: Todd Wilson on August 08, 2011, 11:39:34 PM
I can drop 6lbs by just taking a dump!

Todd

so by the end of the week, you should have lost a little over 40 lbs....and no fitness fees

Todd Wilson

Quote from: A383Wing on August 08, 2011, 11:53:51 PM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on August 08, 2011, 11:39:34 PM
I can drop 6lbs by just taking a dump!

Todd

so by the end of the week, you should have lost a little over 40 lbs....and no fitness fees

:cheers:

bull

So it's not a competition but our goal is to see who finishes with the most points? Does everyone get a particpation trophy?

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on August 09, 2011, 03:15:11 PM
So it's not a competition but our goal is to see who finishes with the most points? Does everyone get a particpation trophy?

No, the points are for your own benefit, so you can keep track of how well you are (or aren't) doing in your efforts to reach YOUR goals.