News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash pad

Started by randy73, April 05, 2011, 10:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Mine looks like I had a earthquake under the dash, cracks everywhere.

Who makes the best dash pads and how hard are they to install?

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

randy73

Thanks, but I forgot to say mine is a 73 charger.

Herbs only sells caps for my car and after paying what I did and all the new parts, I am not going to go chincy on the dash.

Does BEA have a website?

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

randy73

I am a little confused, what is the difference between a dash cap and dash pad?

randy73

BananaDan

Oh, didn't know you needed a gen. 3 pad.  I'm sure someone will come along with help for you.  A dash pad is what you have now, and what a direct replacement would be (remove/replace).  A dash cap is a plastic cap or cover that you put on top of your current pad to hide it's appearance.  I have never seen one, but in talking to a few people I was advised to replace the pad, not to get a cap.  I guess it depends on your budget and what you'll be doing with the car. 

Dan

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

randy73

Thanks Dan, it is a 73 Rallye 340. So I am trying to keep in stock looking and nice.

About to spend $600 for dash harness, so a couple hundred more for a pad is nothing.   :brickwall:

Course my retirement plan is to win the lottery or wait till my cars become extremely collectible.

BananaDan

Year One has the market on dash harnesses, but if you get them on a 20%-30% coupon code you should do much better than $600.  They are good harnesses.  Try the code MAD11.  I used that one recently, should get you 20-30% off.  If that one doesn't work, try these.

WEBDAY
CATCH1
DUNK41

Their codes tend to work after the advertised deadline.  If you aren't on their mailing list, get on it for discount codes.  I rarely actually buy anything from YO, but when I need to I always use the codes.  As for your pad, unfortunately if no one re-pops it, you're left with a rebuild company like Just Dashes.  I've heard very good things about their work, but expect to pay at least $500 for them to rebuild your core.

Dan

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html