News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

exhaust removal

Started by 68chargerboy, April 04, 2011, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargerboy

i have a tti system on my car that im selling, my problem is i dont want to cut the exhaust to take it apart.  where the parts of the system clamp together (mufflers and H-pipe) the clamps put an indent in the pipes so now i cant get them apart.  ive been looking at buying the tool in the link below to try and pull them apart.  let me know what you guys think.  Thanks!!

Zach

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-900654/

resq302

Ive seen that before.  Actually I think I have one for 2 1/4 systems but I have yet to use it.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Patronus

Unless you can make something like that for less than $65.  :shruggy:
I've never used one either... Nature's lubricant: force
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

dstryr

I just went through the same problem with my exhaust, which I am giving to my dad for his car since I am upgrading to 3". One side was cut too short by Bud's Muffler in Colorado Springs so it used to come apart on its own behind the driver's side muffler. (What a hack job of an exhaust sytem.)  That side was easy to get apart.  The other side, could'nt budge it with pipe wrenches.  Got a lump on my forehead when one of them slipped, though.    I use a hack saw at the end of the outlet, otherwise it would have meant dropping the rear axle & lines.

The guy putting on the new system used stainless straps and slotted the 'inside' pipe so that they will be able to come apart.  :2thumbs:
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.