News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I got new Chally Pix!!! She looks sweet :)

Started by Charger Aficionado, January 05, 2006, 08:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat69charger

I already emailed DCX about five times about this Concept Challenger, I told them that I would buy one if they make it just like it looks now, but more than likely some some jack ass in there R&D team will get a crazy Idea that they need to change it because by the time it's ready to hit the streets the mustang will probably have all of the options that there concept Mustang had and Chevy will probably Have a retro Camaro out by then, chevy needs something that's a hot seller because they cut there sales back in 1996 when some dumb ass said don't make the big F body cars anymore and gave all of the sales to Ford for Federal, State, and Local vehicles.

Hopefully the people over at DCX who actually run things will get off their ass and take a look at what's really going on out in the auto scene buy the time this car is suppose to hit the streets and not just listen to some college educated only non car knowledge persons opinion of what they think this car should be, Every time I emailed them the response they sent back was kind of a general response if you ask me, I think a lot of the people that work for DCX that are tasked with R&D are college educated people that have probably never driven or even rode in a 500+ HP rear wheel drive car, so anyone like that to me doesn't even have a point of reference to base an opinion on of what power is unless they have a chance to drive a Viper, and even if they have driven or rode in a Viper, it's not the same type of car.

I told DCX in one letter they know the new charger is like the pontiac gto it only has the name and I would buy a Mustang, just because ford got it right more than they did in the looks department, and that the concept Challenger looks like the original Challenger that people already know and expect it to look like so there's no reason the change it from what it looks like now, it's kinda like good old movies, remake them and sell it again, because it's new to the generation now that's just starting to drive, and retro is in and may not be in a few years from now.

What I really think is the problem is that the highly educated people tasked with supplying information to there bosses that make the decision on what to make don't have the ballls to tell there boss the truth, that we want as much Horsepower as they can give and Classic looks and F%@# economy cars if I wanted an economy car I would buy Japanese, and what they are failing to realize is that the Japanese are slowly but surely making more performance vehicles with more and more HP, ever took a look at the Nissan 350Z, if it makes it to 300+ HP Mustang look out, other than that maybe they'll stop trying to re-invent what has been already created a long time ago and go back like ford did with the mustang that everyone likes and knows and we'll wind up with a lot HP and classic looks.

Marc

I'll email them this post and see what they have to say about it, because I don't think emails make it to the bosses, they probably get stopped by those highly educated persons.

andy74

you guys will the be the first to know when dcx tells me i can order them, i might be able to take a vacation with all you guys who are going to buy one from me!

Highbanked Hauler

I bet the production car is close to the prototype cause Chrysler can't afford to be stupid  two times in a row.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

phat69charger

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 06, 2006, 10:35:39 AM
I bet the production car is close to the prototype cause Chrysler can't afford to be stupid   two times in a row.

Hopefully they read what you wrote and they get smart this time, I already sent them this post link.

BB1

I'd rather put my money into a 2 gen Charger.

If they build it, it'll be just another trendy car like the Mustang... No thanks.  :-X
Delete my profile

phat69charger

Quote from: cudahob3 on January 06, 2006, 10:47:46 AM

If they build it, it'll be just another trendy car like the Mustang... No thanks.   :-X

Well you can make payments on a new car, but it takes cash money to be on the road anytime soon if your building a Classic car up, so new car driving now or old car building but not driving and spending the same amount of money as you would on a new car.

I love 69 Charger's and I've had a few of them, but if faced with a restoration project or a new Hemi Challenger with a stick! I choose NEW, they never stopped making the Mustang it's about 42 years young.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 06, 2006, 07:41:56 AM
If there is a ragtop, I AM THERE!

:iagree:     I hope so,I'll be in line right behind you. I need something to drive to work regularly.The 500 is not going to be a daily driver no matter what and the Cummins gets 20 MPG. but it will do your back empty so a 3.5 Challenger rag top would be the answer,C7 with a white interior thank you.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

phat69charger

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 06, 2006, 11:24:43 AM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 06, 2006, 07:41:56 AM
If there is a ragtop, I AM THERE!

:iagree:     I hope so,I'll be in line right behind you. I need something to drive to work regularly.The 500 is not going to be a daily driver no matter what and the Cummins gets 20 MPG. but it will do your back empty so a 3.5 Challenger rag top would be the answer,C7 with a white interior thank you.

Ragtop, I would think that is next that's how they do all the Mustangs

Highbanked Hauler

New Mustangs arn't all convertables are they??
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Shakey

Quote from: phat69charger on January 06, 2006, 11:07:04 AM
Quote from: cudahob3 on January 06, 2006, 10:47:46 AM

If they build it, it'll be just another trendy car like the Mustang... No thanks.   :-X

Well you can make payments on a new car, but it takes cash money to be on the road anytime soon if your building a Classic car up, so new car driving now or old car building but not driving and spending the same amount of money as you would on a new car.

I love 69 Charger's and I've had a few of them, but if faced with a restoration project or a new Hemi Challenger with a stick! I choose NEW, they never stopped making the Mustang it's about 42 years young.

You can get a loan or a line of credit to fix up your Charger and make payments on that!

With regards to the Mustang, check out the 1974, she's a beaut!   ;D

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 06, 2006, 11:53:22 AM
Not all, you can get them either way now.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

phat69charger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 06, 2006, 12:40:38 PM
Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 06, 2006, 11:53:22 AM
Not all, you can get them either way now.

I guess no one else understands what I meant by what I said about the Mustang's, when they introduce new CARS usally the sedan hardtop is produced first, how many convertables have you seen produced first? the convertable model comes out after the sedan or coupe models, unless your talking about that point in history when car manufactures just got all off track with the Gas Crisis and totally F!%&# $@ the cars being produced for about ten years straight.

41husk

70 Challenger was produced in a rag top and that was the intro year for the ebody.  It seems only fitting to produce a convertible in the 08.  Maybe thats just wishfull thinking :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ghoste

Back then they used to do restyles every couple of years or so too.  The 70 E-bodies came out with every option under the sun available in their intro year.  Now, the mfg's keep the same body style for as long as possible and rely on new "features" to make each year different rather than tool up the expense of new grilles, taillights or fenders.

haueter66

Quote from: Ghoste on January 06, 2006, 07:12:12 AM
If they change it the way they changed the Charger concept, it's likely to be a minivan.   Everyone knows that is the real market.

No, must resist sarcasm and cynicism.   Remain positive.

;D HAHA  I almost fell off my chair laughing at that...

Wakko

Mmmm, me likie.  I think the gauges would be hard to read in bright sun but that's the only thing I'd change.  Car is hot!   Not that DCX will ever build it.   :rotz:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

FastbackJon

I think the new Challenger is sweet, but would rather own a new Charger. I mean a new retro styled 2 door Charger. Anyone agree?

So lets all email Chrysler and tell them the Challenger is hot, now all they need to do is build a similar retro styled 2 door Charger, and we'll all be the first in line!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

mopar1

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 05, 2006, 08:31:12 PM
These look like some serious Professional pix...  I never saw these style of pix with the '99 Charger Concept.  Have you guys seen any of these before? 
[/
quote]
I would bye this car, no regrets at all.
But wouldn't it be nice to see a hemicuda
in the future

Silver R/T

real nice, would like those for wallpaper in high def
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722